That took a while...

Yeah, I usually take screen film off quite quickly, but any other film protecting shiny plastic I leave on until it gets really quite grotty. I don't really like shiny plastic, so while the film looks no worse than it would look being off, I'm not fussed.

In terms of not using the touchscreen, my forced TV-out only unit doesn't have one, so I'm quite used to keyboard shortcuts and the likes. The only thing I absolutely have to use the nubs for is to get the system menu up (the one containing CPU speed, and options to turn on/off wifi, USB host, bluetooth etc.). Yesterday, my right nub decided it was going to turn off (or otherwise not report any value but [0,0]) so I finally had to figure out how to do all of that stuff using the /usr/pandora scripts. Turns out setting the cpu speed is surprisingly easy; '$ sudo /usr/pandora/scripts op_cpuspeed.sh 600' sets it to 600MHz. It's probably got the special privileges meaning I can run it with 'sudo -n' and not even have to enter a user password, thinking of it.
Technically, if you bind a hotkey to "killall -USR1 configbutton", you should be able to open it with your keyboard.

Hey, are those nubs?

Nope.
Clickable buttons and iPod-like touch ring.

shot0004.png

Also no, I do not own one.
Cintiq 24HD is ~ 3_k$ / 3_k€.

touch ring.
sounds dirty...

My Pandora has a terribly insensitive touchscreen, I hope my Pyra has a better one.
So you want a better insensitive touchscreen? My screen works, however, the nubs are almost dead...

Is it ironic that I'm playing ace attorney via DraStic WRIGHT now?
Not ironic... awesome...

And it's tough! Some times I cringe and regret it that I let one of my kids draw on my Pandora but the screen keeps up well!
same here. Once I had this line that looked like a scratch, I could wash it away... I was so relieved!

sounds dirty...

'For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.'

Which is a classier answer than my first idea of reply to 'dirty touch ring';
for which I decided not to even include any picture.

Back