1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

The following is based on a true story.

Discussion in 'Pyra News' started by EvilDragon, May 1, 2017.

1. vcoleiro1

vcoleiro1 Hardcore Member

After ED has the current 1000+ pre-order Pyra's made and shipped. Will he then have enough money to make the next batch and put them up for sale? Or will he need to do another pre-order to fund the next batch?

2. NOP

NOP Still Fresh

@levi Thank you. I saw somewhere a DSLR belt clip thingy (amazon.com/SUPON-Camera-Holster-Hunter-Loading/dp/B00VMTCB14) maybe i can somehow mount the metal part on the Pyra for example using the lanyard slot, some string and a nut. Would look somewhat strange but then you could draw it like a gun. Or way simpler i need bigger pockets to carry a Pyra comfortably ^^

Maybe i could glue some velcro to the back, but i think the Pyra is to heavy to hold securely when moving (i tested the Pyra prototype at the gamescom)

only two more Months™ ;)

3. Grench

Grench Forum Addict!

The original BlackBerry devices made fantastic hand axes.

The long term answer to that is probably to buy a 4G Pyra and a bluetooth headset and ditch the phone. Short term I'm counting on needing a phone too as the software development 'gets there'.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 4, 2017, Original Post Date: May 4, 2017 ---
    Thanks - I didn't think you'd mind if I threw in another permutation of the working name.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 4, 2017 ---
    Easy.

Instead of a screen plastics piece, attach a (removable) selfie stick style phone clamp to it.
    Alternatively, a flip up keyboard/controls protective cover (using the hinges) so that it can go in/out of your pocket without tweaking the nubs.

For the bluetooth device to make sound (even through the speakers), it will need it's own SoC with a DSP. If it crosses that line and becomes a 'computer', then it could also act as a bluetooth handset, dialer, keyboard, game controls, etc... But, by then we're talking about a much more expensive device.

4. NOP

NOP Still Fresh

That was my plan to, at first i thought about using my phone as hotspot for the Pyra, but then my phone dies way to fast.

That reminds me of these logitech keyboards but they have no gaming controls :(

[​IMG]

5. Swordfish II

Swordfish II Very Active Member

Ha I just resurected my Nexus 4. Fantastic phone. I went to the SGS II because it supported packet injection on the native wifi...but I don't really use packet injection much anymore sooo. Yay for enabling 4G on the Nexus 4!

directive0 likes this.
  6. erico

erico Advanced Member

In a pipe dream world, maybe waaay later the top part could become a phone holder, ditch the cpu pcb and the screen pcb.
    Find a way to connect the sliced pyra´s battery to the phone and you could have a dream dock station for regular phones.

Not that any of us would give a s**t to it compared to the real pyra, but if producing such is feasible moneywise, it could rock some income for future pyra upgrades.
    And of course, I have no idea or experience on what I´m talking about.

7. elwing

elwing Rabbit Addict

Pyrhaaaaa?

8. Xcl4m4t10n

Xcl4m4t10n Very Active Member

I hope that @EvilDragon gets the photo of the finished cases today :D.

9. ClockworkCoder

ClockworkCoder Active Member

I'm holding out for a full blown assembly, boot-up (with "nice splash screen"), and demonstration of... at least a command prompt :)

Kippykip likes this.
  10. Kippykip

Kippykip BFG 9000

[​IMG]
    I had one of these back when my Galaxy S4 wasn't puffing up every battery I throw in.
    Although, a shitty cheap variant with orange keys where the keys bounced (resulting inn douuble lletters)
    It was backlit too

11. Razy

Razy Member

*cough*

DrHAX and Kev2442 like this.
  12. AnimatedFreak

AnimatedFreak Very Active Member

Oh I had that one, It broke when I tried to take the phone out of the case on the same day I got it. Still used it for a while. Even garbage qwerty keyboards are better then touch once. I miss them so much.

PokeParadox likes this.
  13. NOP

NOP Still Fresh

But i remember that this doesn't work in Germany do to unsupported bands or so, luckily the mobile Internet was fast enough for me anyways.
    It officially doesn't even supported otg but it worked fine anyways :D
    I really liked that phone to but its to slippery, one time it was slowly moving on its own to the edge of the table ^^
    Eventually (while moving on its own again) it got wet, an i could not turn it of (build in battery) in time so the audio got messed up (static noises over the speakers etc.) and a few weeks later it died completely :'(

So even if this phone is well build, i would strongly recommend a case or something to make the back more rough, like they did one the oneplus one

That is way better than my attempt to glue a case and a rii mini on a thick piece of cardboard ^^

14. Xcl4m4t10n

Good morning Greece.

15. netcat

netcat Still Fresh

i am reformed i want a transparent 1
    --- Double Post Merged, May 5, 2017, Original Post Date: May 5, 2017 ---
    :cool:

directive0 likes this.
  16. AVahne

AVahne Handheld-obsessed

So...we talking about iControlPad3 here?

17. FaeMinx

FaeMinx Rainbow Liberation Instigation

No.

There was no iControlPad2, so there can be no 3.

This is the Pyramote.

DrHAX and Grench like this.
  18. TrashyMG

TrashyMG Moderator Staff Member

Well there was no Leisure Suit Larry 4, yet 5-7 and later games still came out.

DrHAX, FBnil, AVahne and 1 other person like this.
  19. Kev2442

Kev2442 Still French

I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night...

Sorry.

Klumpen, FBnil, Zogzog and 1 other person like this.
  20. Xcl4m4t10n

So no photo for us today :/.

Zogzog likes this.