What Is Your Worst Fear About The Pandora ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSyMastR said:
Gruso said:
The community going to shit in a flood of fanboys and demanding pratts.
I feel that somehow that already happened more with the Pandora then with the previous 2. I hope to god its not like the PSP scene.

Yeah i can't see it somehow degenerating into that. (touch wood)

Last edited by a moderator:
My worst fear ist that the openpandora webpages suddenly disappear and I can kiss my money goodbye. Otherwise it will always retain some value if only as a collector's item.

My other minor fears are:

*that it will have a technical flaw that cannot be altered and is fixed from the second batch on

*that the second batch will be 2000 Pandoras, the third just 500 Pandoras and then discontinued in summer 2009 already after a lot rumors and secretiveness about sales figures and left without any decent software support

* that the digital d-pad is crap

* that the stability of the software is shaky and the user-interface a nightmare and any person with a sane mind would not want to use it

But my hopes are that everything will be good and it will become my favourite handheld system.

x68000 said:
Nasty d pad and spongy action buttons
Well considering a couple of the guys on the team are avid game players I have faith in the Pandora having good controls. The gaming controls has always been on of the main hi-lights of the system, besides its power. I'm sure you won't have to worry. I do worry about the message boards. There already has been quite a few signing up recently because of the Pandora and showing their fanboyism. I was worried when I saw the Pandora posted on psp sites. I thought "oh boy here we go". Hasn't been that bad yet... I do hope the Pandora team will meet everyones expectations though and then some. Plus if there are problems I'm sure they will be able to help with fixes. I'm sure they're expecting some of that after release. Hell they even helped with GP2X systems that had problems.

1) that the d-pad sucks, just like the first on the gp2x
2) dead pixels on my screen
3) that dust gets stuck under the screen
4) that the n64 emulator, if developed, won't be fun (e.g. too slow to be playable)
5) that it will eat way too much of my time

God Ginrai said:
fade said:
(touch wood)

Do you mean "knock on wood"? Because "touch wood" just seems to have sexual connotations
I think "Touch wood" is the British usage.

Fears are dead pixels, won't be as fun as I'm hoping, it's gonna end up sitting around collecting dust like my psp, battery life is gonna end up sucking.

that's easy.

my fear is that the current crisis screws up craigix and his teams finances so badly that the whole thing tanks and goes bancrupt before production.

---_Won_--- said:
Oh, and what is the current crisis?
well, looked at the stock marked recently? what if the pound goes down that the chinese fab costs more than twice the money expected? just as a stupid example.

It's funny.

Most exciting projects I've gotten involved in have all failed to deliver in community-shattering ways, to the point where, if the company is still hanging on, it's a mere ghost. (The links I've provided are only a few. There's more that I can't think of off the top of my head.)

So, here I am, yet again putting money down on a yet-to-be-released product that I think will serve me in big ways.

And, yet again, the situation looks promising.

So, my biggest fear? The company fails to deliver a product that fulfills its promises.

I only fear ONE thing:

That the Devs have no acess to the Hardware OMAP Chipset Features and everything is to do in slow Software mode (no 2D or 3D Hardware Acceleration, no DSP support, no chance to use the SGX unit, no CPU Auto clocking...)

At the Moment these fear isn't washed away... :(

Open Pandora Limited gets identified as a terrorist organisation (by Microsoft, Sony, Atari, Mattel, the RIAA, Metallica, Solid Snake, the Super Mario Brothers, Jack Thompson and Niko Bellic), and all those who pre-ordered get labelled as sponsors of terror, and are rounded up and treated to a bit of extraordinary rendition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back