My Pandora has yet to be shipped.

SonicTehAwesomeFace

Still Fresh
Hi.

I Pre-ordered my Pandora just a couple months before the actual production.

Pandoras are currently being shipped to all of the pre-orderers...except me.

I thought that the ordering system runs like "the earlier you pre-order, the earlier you receive it."

Now I look at this:

http://www.open-pandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=97&Itemid=34&lang=en

and think that since the price is raised (I pre-ordered mine before it was raised.), I won't ever be getting my Pandora.

What's going on?

Hi.

I thought that the ordering system runs like "the earlier you pre-order, the earlier you receive it."

Now I look at this:

http://www.open-pand...emid=34&lang=en

and think that since the price is raised (I pre-ordered mine before it was raised.), I won't ever be getting my Pandora.

What's going on?

Firstly, take a deep breath. Relax. Life is good. Pandora is nigh. The end is near (of the wait, of course).

What you see there is the page for ordering "Premium" Pandorae. What that means, essentially, is that pre-orders are now closed (but not deleted), and regular sales are open at a higher price than the original, and ship within seven days.

Think of it as a fundraiser. The OP team needed money to keep going, so they allowed people to upgrade their orders and/or place new ones at 500 USD (or the difference). They needed a motivation for people to upgrade, so these "Premium" Pandorae get to jump the queue, I'm afraid. Don't worry though. They're making their way through the pre-orders and you will, like me, eventually recieve yours. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
No need to worry. People who ordered 1+ years before you haven't received theirs yet. Just going to have to be patient or upgrade.

The Pandora has been in/out of production for over 2.5 years.

When -EXACTLY- did you order it? Down to the minute and time zone?

The last pre-order date of shipped Pandoras that I've seen was October 1, 2008 (though I don't track it actively anymore).

If you have ordered before that then you should get a bit worried. If not then you should be patient (or upgrade to Premium).

Or still wait for your pre-order and buy a Premium... who doesn't like two Pandoras..

It would be nice to know where they really are. Supposedly, they've made their way through 3000 boards, but it isn't at all clear how many of those boards have shipped and how many of the shipped ones were RMAs.

Personally, it's frustrating to have the premium orders going out when parts continue to be the bottleneck in the process. Especially since the consultation process on that was sketchy involving only folks hanging out on the boards.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be nice to know where they really are. Supposedly, they've made their way through 3000 boards, but it isn't at all clear how many of those boards have shipped and how many of the shipped ones were RMAs.

Personally, it's frustrating to have the premium orders going out when parts continue to be the bottleneck in the process. Especially since the consultation process on that was sketchy involving only folks hanging out on the boards.

Sadly if they didn't made the premium action, we would probably be waiting for our pandora forever.

Don't forget that our pre-orders were sold below the manufacturing price.

My pandy is coming to my house on Tuesday! I cant wait! I'm getting my sd card ready and playin minecraft to pass the time (1.6 woot!) :lol: I strongly recommend upgrading to premium for the sole purpose of getting it in 7 days. They haven't missed a premium yet and you wont be disappointed. Mine shipped over seas in less then 12 hours after my shipping confirmation from the pandora team. And of corse my luck puts my shipment on a holiday -_- . Good luck! NRV44

The Pandora has been in/out of production for over 2.5 years.

When -EXACTLY- did you order it? Down to the minute and time zone?
I mean before the "final" pandoras were shipped out to customers.

My pandy is coming to my house on Tuesday! I cant wait! I'm getting my sd card ready and playin minecraft to pass the time (1.6 woot!) :lol: I strongly recommend upgrading to premium for the sole purpose of getting it in 7 days. They haven't missed a premium yet and you wont be disappointed. Mine shipped over seas in less then 12 hours after my shipping confirmation from the pandora team. And of corse my luck puts my shipment on a holiday -_- . Good luck! NRV44
The wait for the postie is the worse thing you'll every ever experience in your life.

Back