Interested in 2nd Pandora: what is the latest status?

b_o_b

Advanced Member
Hi,

I am not sure if I read all post regarding the latest developments so I was hoping someone more informed can help me with these questions. I have read a bit but not everything is clear to me.

If I now order a Pandora, will I receive it immediately? The openpandora.org website is still having a 'preorder' button.

Will I receive it with a new case + updated memory?

Any other hardware changes I might have missed?

BTW. I intend to buy it from ED.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not necessarily immediately, but I get the impression that the number of new orders is at a stable number right now that's being kept up with (i.e. you won't wait several months). ED might be able to step in and give more specifics.

You will get upgraded memory, will will probably get a choice of old or new case, and a very slightly newer SOC (only a few bugs fixed)

I think ED mentioned, that he will have Pandoras in stock pretty soon, so you shouldn't have to wait too long.

Thanks for all the replies, all the info I need :)

I think ED mentioned, that he will have Pandoras in stock pretty soon, so you shouldn't have to wait too long.

Nice, my Pandora needs to be send to ED for repair anyway. In that case I will wait with ordering until he has stock. Then I will purchase and wait for the Pandora to be arrived before sending my unit.

SoC = System on a chip, it includes the CPU, the GPU, etc. so it's basically the heart of the Pandora.

The first units had a Beta version of the OMAP from TI on the PCBs, the ones from Germany have the final versions with a slightly newer SGX and some bugs fixed (like SD to SD-copy issue).

Thanks for all the replies, all the info I need :)

Nice, my Pandora needs to be send to ED for repair anyway. In that case I will wait with ordering until he has stock. Then I will purchase and wait for the Pandora to be arrived before sending my unit.

Yes, I'll have them in stock within the next days, I just don't know for how long, as quite a few people might be waiting for the Pandora to be available from stock... :)

But we'll get at least 70 - 100 new units each week, so we should be able to build up stock.

Yes, I'll have them in stock within the next days, I just don't know for how long, as quite a few people might be waiting for the Pandora to be available from stock... :)

But we'll get at least 70 - 100 new units each week, so we should be able to build up stock.

Nice! I am curious about the new case.

If your in the US, you may consider ordering from Link's shop.. as of today he has units readily available for a short period of time... as shown in the trading section...

http://boards.openpa...ip-immediately/

Edit: Most likely these will be the older Black cases.. but they are new 512MB GC units..

Back