What is your favorite horror movie?

A lot of movies has parts that doesn make sense but it doesnt prevent me to enjoy the movie :) Ring was an example of typical horror (not comedy splatter like Undead :) that i really enjoyed lately. It was quite scary movie when i watched it in cinema. So some unlogical sequences dont matter for me :) in that movie genre.

OK, I'll give you that, especially considering hardly anybody agrees with me that Blair Witch was a good horror movie. It's not like they tried to make it look like it was cinematic, they tried to make it look like it really happened, like a documentary. That's what got into my head and scared me. And the only time I really saw it was in the theatre, which it was just perfect for, and I had such a hard time trying to get the visions out of my head.

Dozer posted on Dec 11 2003 at 05:32 PM said:
Steve-O posted on Dec 11 2003 at 03:41 PM said:
cant realy say. cos I like all horror films.. :D
Even jeepers creepers? man that was a bad film. :p
Good Point :D

I take that Back...

I like All Horror Films Better than Jeepers Creepers :D hehe...

Last edited by a moderator:
NssOne posted on Dec 11 2003 at 04:20 PM said:
The Blair Witch Project scared me so much to the point I couldn't close my eyes without having flashback type visions, like I was really there or something.
Damn... BWP Scared you... Isn't that film just sounds and alot of Signs made of twigs or something? I saw it years ago so cant realy remember it but their want even a scene where you saw the "BAd Guy" (as I like to call them :D hehe) was there.... It was just silly ppl runnning around going Ah were going to die, oh F**K F**K F**K hehe (more of a lame comedy :D I hated it) .....

Great splatter movies -

Slugs
Rats
Demons
Reanimator 1,2
Evil Dead Trilogy
BrainDead
Wrong turn

Steve-O posted on Dec 12 2003 at 11:24 AM said:
Damn... BWP Scared you... Isn't that film just sounds and alot of Signs made of twigs or something? I saw it years ago so cant realy remember it but their want even a scene where you saw the "BAd Guy" (as I like to call them :D hehe) was there.... It was just silly ppl runnning around going Ah were going to die, oh F**K F**K F**K hehe (more of a lame comedy :D I hated it) .....
Well, it was more of a fear-driven head trip than a real horro flick. I t was all psycholigical, not meant to look like a real cinematic film. It was genius, because the whole movie was trying to make it look like it really happened and these people actually had this horrific experience. It was more like a real-time documentary than a movie. They had totally gotten into my head and made me believe that these people had really had this experience.

I think it was the fear of this unknown enemy/monster after you that really got to me.

Like I said before, it was a great thatre movie. It needed sorround sound and low lighting for it to have its full effect upon your mind.

Has anyone seen this film called "the nose picker"?! I saw a dvd of it in some back ally shop. I think its a horror. The cover of the dvd just has this crazy lookin bloke with snot dribblin out his nose with a finger up a nostril :S

Everyone's said them already but here goes:

The Shining
Evil Dead trilogy
Night of the Living Dead
Wickerman
Braindead - though it's a comedy and a damn good one, kung fu vicar :D

Did anyone else find Day of the Dead just to depressing to watch?

The Thing and its video game conterpart..... The Thing. Awesome movie and it makes me mad that the new Stephen King movie "Dream Catchers" kind of ripped off The Things idea. But its really cool. Sorta Sci-Fi but not too much.

Back