Pandora Worst Case Scenario Nightmare

craigix said:
Karel Jansens said:
That's worst case?

How about next week Craig & Co file for bankrupcy and nobody gets a Panda or even their money back?

Are you scared yet?
I'd have to be dead before that happened.

The Pandora is shipping even if we have to assemble and test every god damned unit ourselves.

Hey, just because I can imagine it, doesn't mean I believe it'll happen.

But thanks for the reassurance anyway. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of these are pretty horrifying.

But personally, I'd hate it most if my Pandora arrived but I had an accident that broke or severed both my hands while opening the box or on my way back from collecting it at the post office or something similar. So not only do I no longer have any hands (which puts me out of a job, as well as all the millions of other sucky things like never playing the guitar again, and the difficulty of making food or going to the toilet, or well... you get the idea) but I have my pandora and can do nothing but stare at it, forlornly imagining what might have been. "Just take it away, I dont want to ever see it again" I'd cry, but the pain would never really heal.

Anyhow, fortunately I don't think that's really going to happen (touch wood)!

Worst case Scenario? Imagine we have 2009 and the Pandora is still not shipped... uh... wait a minute... :blink: :unsure: :lol:

Well, I really would be pissed if it turns out, that the Pandora is absolutely not usable because the Software is one huge bug or Drivers simply doesn't work. I have evil visions of a device called "Neo FreeRunner"...

zzaz3 said:
BigTruck said:
craigix said:

The Pandora is shipping even if we have to assemble and test every god damned unit ourselves.
Hmmm, you know, now that I think about it, the amount of dedication Craig and the rest of the team have is often mirrored by comic-book supervillians working on their secret project to take over/destroy the world/solar system/universe. The whole project could be a front. All the random delays, e.g. crushed prototypes, shipping delays, are efforts of superheroes to put a stop to the evil project! You know those wifi drivers that the dev team gets the source code to that we can't see? That's where they put their secret world domination code! C'mon guys, the name is even Pandora! Pandora probably thought there was something pretty cool in her jar, but she opens it and it releases all the evils. When you get your Pandoras, and Craig will make sure you get it, turning it on will make you a pawn in the world domination plot. WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

That actually sounds convening enough to believe... I think it's worth the risk though.

That was no Wi-Fi driver. That was a security patch for the SkyNET OS that's shipping with the Pandora. I just hope I wont be chased by Arnold Schwarzenegger when I receive mine oo"

fahrstuhl said:
That was no Wi-Fi driver. That was a security patch for the SkyNET OS that's shipping with the Pandora. I just hope I wont be chased by Arnold Schwarzenegger when I receive mine oo"

Hopefully it won't be able to run Python out of the box, so we should be safe for now. At least until the first firmware upgrade.

Pseudonym said:
You turn it on and through a secret start up code you accidentally destroy the planet with a bomb created by an evil genius in a post office with programming skills.

:)

Implausible. Everyone knows the post office doesn't hire competent people. :lol:

BigTruck said:
craigix said:

Hmmm, you know, now that I think about it, the amount of dedication Craig and the rest of the team have is often mirrored by comic-book supervillians working on their secret project to take over/destroy the world/solar system/universe. The whole project could be a front. All the random delays, e.g. crushed prototypes, shipping delays, are efforts of superheroes to put a stop to the evil project! You know those wifi drivers that the dev team gets the source code to that we can't see?

silly humans. it's not the wifi driver you should all be afraid of (that one can at most fry your braincells), it's another one in there which can posses your immortal souls..

Worst case scenario:

I eventually get an email saying my Pandora was sent.
I check it's whereabouts using the tracking number provided.
Everything goes well.
Checking that tracking number again I am told that my Pandora is going to be delivered the next day and then... Groundhog day!
I get stuck in the same day forever! The day BEFORE I receive my Pandora!

Just thinking about it hurts too much...

BigTruck said:
craigix said:

Hmmm, you know, now that I think about it, the amount of dedication Craig and the rest of the team have is often mirrored by comic-book supervillians working on their secret project to take over/destroy the world/solar system/universe. The whole project could be a front. All the random delays, e.g. crushed prototypes, shipping delays, are efforts of superheroes to put a stop to the evil project! You know those wifi drivers that the dev team gets the source code to that we can't see? That's where they put their secret world domination code! C'mon guys, the name is even Pandora! Pandora probably thought there was something pretty cool in her jar, but she opens it and it releases all the evils. When you get your Pandoras, and Craig will make sure you get it, turning it on will make you a pawn in the world domination plot. WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

Gregor Richards said:
This is your worst case? Seriously?

Real worst case: One day, the first 400 Pandoras are received by extremely happy Pandora enthusiasts. They all open their newly prized possessions AND FOUR HUNDRED TIMES ALL THE EVILS IN THE WORLD ARE RELEASED, INSTANTLY DESTROYING THE SOLAR SYSTEM.

The sheer velocity with which the evils encompass all existence would make the 400 bits of hope powerless to stop them.

Oh well!
I think these guys are onto something. Craig. I think you have some explaining to do.

worse case scenario

They produce the initial first batch of Pandora's, all goes well ..
World financial crisis deepens
OpenPandora Ltd hits the skids and folds due to financial problems
Then like commodore the community keeps it alive
Despite several people taking the project over and developing Pandora toasters (to all intent purposes the Commodores various owners released various branded attempts - Commodore PC, Commodore laptop and the worst the Commodore handheld multi-media player)

Please god dont make OpenPandora end up like Commodore

Worst case scenario:

Craig decides to try something legally grey, posts a thread about it, and creates an uproar in the community. In the meantime, the banks decide to check out OpenPandora as part of their lovely "investigation", and see the schemes. A lawsuit is created, joined by aggravated pre-orderererers, and they all sue OpenPandora. OpenPandora closes, Craig disappears, and this section of the forum is deleted. Then, everyone is flashed so they don't remember it ever existed. *cue Men in Black theme music*

Worst case :

The pandora arrives, let's have a party.
Damn, out of beer.
All the shops closed.
That would be really bad !!

Have fun,
Chero.

When I get the Pandora, I open it and immediately receive a Skype call. [Or maybe Ekiga, since Skype isn't likely to be ported to ARM]

It's from Morpheus.
There are people after me, but if I follow his instructions, I can avoid them.
After running to the office at the end of the hall, he tells me to go out onto the scaffolds outside.
It is very windy, and as I attempt to squeeze around a pillar to get access to the roof, a gust of wind causes me to drop the Pandora, which falls 60 stories to the ground.

And probably breaks.

Back