Pandora Worst Case Scenario Nightmare

zohnnyg

for me the worst case scenario nightmare for pandora would be the announcement that the first batch of pandoras made are the only ones made because the factories dont want to make more pandoras and parts for craig and the guys. so people like me who didnt get to order one will never have one. im sure someone on ebay will be selling a few for a $1000.00 a pop.

Nah, won't happen. As soon as the first batch is in the world, orders for the second+ batches will be nuts.

zohnnyg said:
for me the worst case scenario nightmare for pandora would be the announcement that the first batch of pandoras made are the only ones made because the factories dont want to make more pandoras and parts for craig and the guys. so people like me who didnt get to order one will never have one. im sure someone on ebay will be selling a few for a $1000.00 a pop.
I think the devs realise they have a success on their hands here as shown by the pre-order situation...there is a concern at the back of my mind that the credit crunch could put a squeeze somewhere on their supply chain which could make it uneconomic for the devs to continue producing it...at least at the current cost as they have to be making a profit at some point. On the other hand it could help by pushing down parts prices as demand is less globally which will mean they make a profit quicker...who knows?

I think if the 1st batch goes out, does what it says on the tin and gets good coverage, it'd take a piece of incredible bad luck not to see batch 2...

Happily I'm in batch 1 :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Karel Jansens said:
That's worst case?

How about next week Craig & Co file for bankrupcy and nobody gets a Panda or even their money back?

Are you scared yet?
I'd have to be dead before that happened.

The Pandora is shipping even if we have to assemble and test every god damned unit ourselves.

This is your worst case? Seriously?

Real worst case: One day, the first 400 Pandoras are received by extremely happy Pandora enthusiasts. They all open their newly prized possessions AND FOUR HUNDRED TIMES ALL THE EVILS IN THE WORLD ARE RELEASED, INSTANTLY DESTROYING THE SOLAR SYSTEM.

The sheer velocity with which the evils encompass all existence would make the 400 bits of hope powerless to stop them.

Oh well!

The worst: A piece of hardware is found out to give off some kind of harmful stuff or something and all the people who get their Pandora die after 30 days of contact and Craig and the team (if not dead) end up in debt with lawsuits and maybe even get detained and... ya

Actually my worst fear is what the first poster stated. :lol:

Yeah... That would be pretty horrible. Unless of course I was one of the lucky ones to get a pandora from the 1st batch. :D

My worst case senerio would have to be drowning to death..

The worst that could be really happen is that I am hit by a drunk driver and killed before I can receive it.

I am in favor of instead posting "bad case scenarios". Here are some of my favorites:

1. No Wi-Fi. Without Wi-Fi, all I have is SD cards to transfer music, movies, etc from my main computer. I'm looking forward to ssh, X forwarding and streaming media A LOT, and programming it will suck without it.

2. Something horrible happens to my laptop [theft, accidental drop, Ubuntu virus project becomes horribly successful] and renders my Pandora completely cut off from the Internet / my multimedia and it becomes useless until I repair / replace my computer.

3. The 'e' key breaks.

4. The USB doesn't work somehow.

Anyway, my biggest concern is just that something will get bent or broken or cracked in shipping, as this is by far the most likely to happen.

Bonus: While watching videos, Internetting, and programming in bed, I accidentally fall asleep with the Pandora. In the morning I find its remains on the ground [I sleep on a loft like 5 feet in the air] with a cracked LCD and mainboard.

craigix said:

The Pandora is shipping even if we have to assemble and test every god damned unit ourselves.
Hmmm, you know, now that I think about it, the amount of dedication Craig and the rest of the team have is often mirrored by comic-book supervillians working on their secret project to take over/destroy the world/solar system/universe. The whole project could be a front. All the random delays, e.g. crushed prototypes, shipping delays, are efforts of superheroes to put a stop to the evil project! You know those wifi drivers that the dev team gets the source code to that we can't see? That's where they put their secret world domination code! C'mon guys, the name is even Pandora! Pandora probably thought there was something pretty cool in her jar, but she opens it and it releases all the evils. When you get your Pandoras, and Craig will make sure you get it, turning it on will make you a pawn in the world domination plot. WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

You turn it on and through a secret start up code you accidentally destroy the planet with a bomb created by an evil genius in a post office with programming skills.

:)

BigTruck said:
craigix said:

Hmmm, you know, now that I think about it, the amount of dedication Craig and the rest of the team have is often mirrored by comic-book supervillians working on their secret project to take over/destroy the world/solar system/universe. The whole project could be a front. All the random delays, e.g. crushed prototypes, shipping delays, are efforts of superheroes to put a stop to the evil project! You know those wifi drivers that the dev team gets the source code to that we can't see? That's where they put their secret world domination code! C'mon guys, the name is even Pandora! Pandora probably thought there was something pretty cool in her jar, but she opens it and it releases all the evils. When you get your Pandoras, and Craig will make sure you get it, turning it on will make you a pawn in the world domination plot. WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

That actually sounds convening enough to believe... I think it's worth the risk though.

BigTruck said:
craigix said:

In this case, reward > risk still

That's it? Nobody's worried about what would happen if they accidentally it?

GoodLawd said:
That's it? Nobody's worried about what would happen if they accidentally it?
The Pandora isn't REALLY small like an iPod Nano. I'd be more concerned about accidentally some of my SD cards.
Also, it's supposed to be impossible to accidentally it, you can just boot from an SD card and the BIOS.

Back