Who Is In The First Bach.

EvilDragon said:
PSUs are simple, the PSP ones fit, so we can just buy these ;)

Why wait? Isn't it tempting fate to leave these 'til the last moment?

Last edited by a moderator:
Asmo said:
Pleng said:
Wookiee said:
The hardware is done, the components are waiting, we just need 4000 cases to proceed.

And 3895 main boards...

Don't forget the PSUs (suitable for all regions) and the Official carry cases.

Well... true....apparently they've got the hang of making the main boards

EvilDragon said:
PSUs are simple, the PSP ones fit, so we can just buy these ;)

Craig seems to have been making it more complicated than that, a few weeks back...

Asmo said:
Pleng said:
Wookiee said:
The hardware is done, the components are waiting, we just need 4000 cases to proceed.

And 3895 main boards...

What about the batteries? Are those all already made? I never hear anyone talk about those...

edit: nevermind, I see now that on the official status page it says they are done. So does Craig have 4000 Pandora batteries sitting in his garage or what? :D

wermy said:
Asmo said:
Pleng said:
Wookiee said:

And 3895 main boards...

What about the batteries? Are those all already made? I never hear anyone talk about those...

edit: nevermind, I see now that on the official status page it says they are done. So does Craig have 4000 Pandora batteries sitting in his garage or what? :D

The Secret Services have hm under surveillance/

God Ginrai said:
El Jefe said:
Batch, is the word you are going for, doesn't make sense, but there is a "t" in the word.

Why doesn't it make sense? You're supposed to pronounce the T, it's just that the sound is very similar to ch, so the sounds blend.

-God Ginrai
the t doesn't change the pronunciation of the part of the word it takes place in, it modifies the pronunciation of the a, which is a little strange you must admit. Learning spanish, I see no such anomalies. I can pronounce every word perfectly(-points for gringo accent) though I can't actually talk terribly fluently.

batch |ba ch |
thats the pronunciation guide btw, lol

bach.h1.jpg

El Jefe said:
God Ginrai said:
El Jefe said:
Batch, is the word you are going for, doesn't make sense, but there is a "t" in the word.

Why doesn't it make sense? You're supposed to pronounce the T, it's just that the sound is very similar to ch, so the sounds blend.

-God Ginrai
the t doesn't change the pronunciation of the part of the word it takes place in, it modifies the pronunciation of the a, which is a little strange you must admit. Learning spanish, I see no such anomalies. I can pronounce every word perfectly(-points for gringo accent) though I can't actually talk terribly fluently.

batch |ba ch |
thats the pronunciation guide btw, lol

The way the a is pronounced in batch is the same as it is pronounced in most English words. For example, "bad" is not pronounced with an "ah" in it.

-God Ginrai

El Jefe said:
the t doesn't change the pronunciation of the part of the word it takes place in

Tell that to Bach (which isn't pronoucned |ba ch |)

I'm not a Spanish or English teacher - anyone who is an expert on this can correct me. These are general rules, there are of course exceptions to them all. I am a native English speaker - but have enough foreign language experience to sympathize with anyone having difficulties understanding how English works.

In Spanish, ch always sounds like the ch in chop. All vowels are pronounced - nothing silent. Vowels do not generally change sounds, i.e. no silent e. Ch is ONE letter of the Spanish alphabet. Accents are used to change the cadence in a word - to emphasize something other than the 2nd to last syllable.

In English, pronouncing ch is variable. Ch is seen as two letters. Vowels change phonetics based on position and word history. Accents are hidden and driven by word and context without giving the reader any clue.

English / Spanish Nearest Pronunciation as far as I can tell
Bach / Baq
Batch / Batch
Pandora / Pándorá

Grench said:
Bach / Baq
The problem isn't with the English language. Bach is not an English word, it's a German name. The English rules would say "pronounce this as B-ah-ch" (or almost batch), but because it is a foreign word, it's pronounced the foreign way.
See also "Chopin", pronounce Show-pan where the English rules would have it "ch-aw-pin"
DaVinci, pronounced Da Vin Chi where English would be "da vin see"
And many other words (mostly names) that have made it into the English language which have pronunciations which differ from the rules simply because they are foreign words.

borgqueenx said:
no one likes the idea of a lottery? :(

I'd imagine most people outside the first 105 quite fancy the idea of a lottery, as being the only chance of getting in on the first few.

The team will be lynched if there's a lottery as they've always promised 'first come, first served'. Taking units away from that 105 to give to devs is one thing which, while I don't subscribe to the idea myself, has some at least some reason behind it. But making a lottery of it at this stage would be a terrible idea.

As I've said before I have no idea if I'm in the first 105 or not. But, if I am, I don't want you (or anybody else) getting my Pandora! :p

Grench said:
I'm not a Spanish or English teacher - anyone who is an expert on this can correct me. These are general rules, there are of course exceptions to them all. I am a native English speaker - but have enough foreign language experience to sympathize with anyone having difficulties understanding how English works.

In Spanish, ch always sounds like the ch in chop. All vowels are pronounced - nothing silent. Vowels do not generally change sounds, i.e. no silent e. Ch is ONE letter of the Spanish alphabet. Accents are used to change the cadence in a word - to emphasize something other than the 2nd to last syllable.

In English, pronouncing ch is variable. Ch is seen as two letters. Vowels change phonetics based on position and word history. Accents are hidden and driven by word and context without giving the reader any clue.

Bach / Baq
Batch / Batch
Pandora / Pándorá

the Ch thing is not an standard anymore, as well the Ll, it depends on the country you live (IIRC it is on Spain that it is still used like that)

and the table should be fixed as:
English Word/ Spanish Pronunciation(using english )/
Bach / Bak like Back (or Bajh) a very dry j (sry to use these words but sounds like trying to clear your throat)
Batch / Batch
Pandora / Pandóra (the accent i used shouldnt be marked since the last letter of the word was a vowel or r/s so it should be only "Pandora")

of course this was all started because of the diference in the meaning between Bach and batch XD

going back to the topic, is any list going to be released? or that idea should die forever?

DroneB Dev said:
Grench said:

Bach / Baq
Batch / Batch
Pandora / Pándorá

the Ch thing is not an standard anymore, as well the Ll, it depends on the country you live (IIRC it is on Spain that it is still used like that)

and the table should be fixed as:
English Word/ Spanish Pronunciation(using english )/
Bach / Bak like Back (or Bajh) a very dry j (sry to use these words but sounds like trying to clear your throat)
Batch / Batch
Pandora / Pandóra (the accent i used shouldnt be marked since the last letter of the word was a vowel or r/s so it should be only "Pandora")

of course this was all started because of the diference in the meaning between Bach and batch XD

going back to the topic, is any list going to be released? or that idea should die forever?

IIRC previous discussions regarding posting our places in the queue did not go well. Either flaming about who should be were in the list of the possibility that people might try to trade positions or something. Probably best to back away from this can of worms.

ok, i think i made everyone confusing here.
well i am not native english speaker, an neither spanish one. i use to speak french.
i wrote bach because i was did not remember how to write it and i was to lazy to look for how it is written. so i just suppose batch or bach will never mind and everybody will understand what i meant.
now i know and sorry if the discussion move to another topic.

lilington said:
well i am not native english speaker, an neither spanish one. i use to speak french.
i wrote bach because i was did not remember how to write it and i was to lazy to look for how it is written. so i just suppose batch or bach will never mind and everybody will understand what i meant.
It's not your fault. We're all bored and waiting. We'll argue over just about anything. :)

WizardStan said:
lilington said:
It's not your fault. We're all bored and waiting. We'll argue over just about anything. :)
No we wont.

Back