Release Vice C64 Emulator 2.3.23

Pickle, awesome work!  I'm running 3.0.0 and re-living many good old memories!

I have noticed, however, that running Vice seems to introduce a flicker on the screen that starts when an emulator is started, and only disappears after I restart my Pandora.  It's noticeable in the emulator, and after exit, mostly noticeable if i open a file manager window full screen. 

I've checked my Pandora display settings and it says 0 Hz, so nothing I can change there.  I've tried both PAL and NTSC modes in C64, and that didn't change anything.  Any other settings that would alter what appears to be the refresh rate?

Additionally, it seems UI features (not in-game features) that would ask you for a filename (e.g, snapshot, screenshot) do not accept alphanumeric input from the keyboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
In vice v3 how does one autostart a multi disk game? For example TMHT arcade game.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Pickle, awesome work!  I'm running 3.0.0 and re-living many good old memories!

I have noticed, however, that running Vice seems to introduce a flicker on the screen that starts when an emulator is started, and only disappears after I restart my Pandora.  It's noticeable in the emulator, and after exit, mostly noticeable if i open a file manager window full screen. 

I've checked my Pandora display settings and it says 0 Hz, so nothing I can change there.  I've tried both PAL and NTSC modes in C64, and that didn't change anything.  Any other settings that would alter what appears to be the refresh rate?
The XFCE Monitor settings doesn't work to change the frequency, it can only be done using a script.

The flickering happens when you switch to 50Hz (PAL). The LCD flickers a bit in that mode.

Vice does that, as VSync wouldn't work (unless you'd switch the emulator to NTSC).

In vice v3 how does one autostart a multi disk game? For example TMHT arcade game. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
You just boot disk one like usual, and when it asks you to swap disks, you go into the menus and select the next disk image, and then exit the menus (don't hit the run command, or that'll restart the C64)

You just boot disk one like usual, and when it asks you to swap disks, you go into the menus and select the next disk image, and then exit the menus (don't hit the run command, or that'll restart the C64)
How do I do that when I have used the auto start option in the menu' can you add more than one image to the auto start feature?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

How do I do that when I have used the auto start option in the menu' can you add more than one image to the auto start feature?
You use the Autostart image to boot the first disk, then when ingame, open up the VICE menu, select "Drive ->", then select "Attach disk image to drive 8", then select the new D64 (next disk), and then tap your menu exit key to return to the game

That's not a multi-disk-issue, but a fastloader problem. For some of these games (and some others) you have to enable Start/Alt->Drive->"True Drive Emulation". I tried it with Creatures and first i got exactly the same error as you. After enabling TTE it worked.

It`s a kind of a strange problem, but the games i have tried run too fast. i have tried slowing it down from menu, but couldn`t get any slower than 130% which is still to fast.

Help, please:)

Pickle, can't remember if I've asked this before, but would it be possible to let me save the a custom default disk images folder? I don't keep them in the appdata folder and it's a little tedius to have to keep changing directories.

Obviously not the end of the world, but would be nice to have :) Thanks

Is there a way on Vice for it use the left nub as the joystick instead of the d-pad. For some games a joystick is really needed.

I doubt the nub would work better, but if you change it to Joystick Mode before you run VICE, you should be able to use it.

Back