Beta Snes9X4D4P - Another New Build, Now With Hi Res And New Rom Picker

Silent-Hunter said:
I dislike smoothing. Will there be hardware output with no smoothing?
The hardware scaler is using your systemwide configuration. You can define yourself how it does upscaling there. This is done using one systemwide script but don't ask me how good the effects will be...

Besides there is the "2x2 no-AA" option which is plain software upscaling without any smoothing.

EDIT: To make it even more clear: The hardware scaler is controlled by the operating system and *not* by the application itself. You can configure it the way you want it to behave following these steps making it systemwide settings which effect ALL applications relying on the hardwarescaling:
1) When in XFCE mode hit the pandora button and select "Settings->LCD-Settings".
2) A selection menu will open. Here you can either change the "current video filter" for this session or change the default. Yes, the "video filter" is the scaling method used. There you either select "Default (Slightly blurred)" or "Simple pixel doubling (no filter)". The later seems to be what you want.
Yes, in the emulator I have no control about what you select there and how it should behave, this depends on the operating system and what you select using this tool!

Last edited by a moderator:
How come the sound on some games keeps going even after it should have stopped? Like when I jump in Super Alfred Chicken, it makes the jump sound, then it keeps going.

Ivanovic said:
Silent-Hunter said:
I dislike smoothing. Will there be hardware output with no smoothing?
The hardware scaler is using your systemwide configuration. You can define yourself how it does upscaling there. This is done using one systemwide script but don't ask me how good the effects will be...

Besides there is the "2x2 no-AA" option which is plain software upscaling without any smoothing.

EDIT: To make it even more clear: The hardware scaler is controlled by the operating system and *not* by the application itself. You can configure it the way you want it to behave following these steps making it systemwide settings which effect ALL applications relying on the hardwarescaling:
1) When in XFCE mode hit the pandora button and select "Settings->LCD-Settings".
2) A selection menu will open. Here you can either change the "current video filter" for this session or change the default. Yes, the "video filter" is the scaling method used. There you either select "Default (Slightly blurred)" or "Simple pixel doubling (no filter)". The later seems to be what you want.
Yes, in the emulator I have no control about what you select there and how it should behave, this depends on the operating system and what you select using this tool!

Hey, thanks very much! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back