Release UAE4All new version

john4p

Version 1.1.1.20 changes:

Added Display Settings menu for preset and customized hw scaling on the fly:

wvzc0n.png

8 Preset modes:

1) 320x200 => upscaled to 768x480 (aspect correct)

2) 320x216 => upscaled to 716x480 (aspect correct)

3) 320x240 => upscaled to 640x480 (aspect correct)

4) 320x256 => upscaled to 600x480 (aspect correct)

5) 320x262 => upscaled to 588x480 (aspect correct)

6) 320x270 => upscaled to 570x480 (aspect correct)

7) 320x200 => scaled to 640x480 (for NTSC games)

8) 320x200 => upscaled to 800x480 (fullscreen, still almost aspect correct)

1) and 8) are best for a lot of games like Lotus, Stunt Car Racer, Wings, Speedball 2, Gods, Chaos Engine, Dungeon Master, and many more (mostly the games which also had an Atari ST version).

2) is best for Turrican I&II, Beast II and some more.

3) is the equivalent to the old software doubled pixels mode (deactivate hw scaling filter in Pandora settings for crisp image).

4) is best for games using the full PAL resolution (320x256) like ATR, Battle Squadron PAL version and many other games.

5) is best for Pinball Dreams&Fantasies and Superfrog.

6) is the maximum possible Amiga resolution with this emulator, good for Project X and some other games.

7) is best for NTSC games like Block-Out and Battle Squadron NTSC version. "Pixels" in this mode are taller than wide.

You can also change the preset modes on the fly (outside the GUI) with R+L + 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8.

Custom resolutions:

With Displayed Lines (values from 100 to 270) you can set the resolution of the displayed Amiga gfx to be upscaled to the full height of the Pandora's screen.

"100" means that 320x100 will be upscaled, "270" means that 320x270 pixels will be upscaled (to <screenWidth>x480).

Update: Can be changed on the fly now (v1.1.1.24) with R+L + 9/0 (9 decrements, 0 increments the displayed lines)

Screen Width sets the horizontal space of the Pandora's screen you want to use. Values are possible from 200 to 800 (changeable in steps of 10 pixels).

"200" means that the Amiga gfx will be scaled to 200x480, "800" means the gfx will be scaled to fullscreen (800x480).

Since there's no reason to use any less than 480 pixels height the height isn't changeable.

You can also change the screen width on the fly with R+L + dpad left/right.

Vertical Position moves the displayed gfx vertically. Positive numbers mean they're moved up. Negative means down.

You can also change the vertical position on the fly with R+L + dpad up/down.

Horizontal movement was removed in this version (crashed the emu), but you can easily center the image/remove black borders on the side by setting values for Cut Left and Cut Right.

Update: Can be changed on the fly now (v1.1.1.24) with L + ,/. to cut the left and R + ,/. to cut the right border (period cuts, comma "uncuts").

All display settings can be saved per game or generally with the respective menu items in the main menu. They'll get automatically restored.

Bugfixes and other improvements:

• A game config depends on the disk in DF0:. When restoring a game's config the names of the disks in DF1: to DF3: wouldn't be displayed in the GUI. Fixed now.
  • Vertical movement of the displayed gfx would crash the emulator at a certain range. Now there are limits which prevents the crash.
  • Horizontal movement crashed the emu in hardware scaled modes and thus was removed. It was rather useless anyway. You can now use Cut Left/Cut Right for centering purposes.
  • GUI is now always displayed in 640x480 format (320x240 upscaled) - except the display settings menu (which shows the same resolution as the emulated gfx.
  • Zenity list dialogs prior to starting the emulator removed. Now only a simple Yes/No-dialog remains (to select the Motorola 68000 cpu core).

Example shots (used a crappy camera):

(Lotus II fullscreen shot was deleted @tinypic)

dq2k2c.png

Download PND: http://www.mediafire...648obd81m64827k

Source: http://www.mediafire...xyyltqmt6ylbadr

Merry belated xmas! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
downloading this now, it's a great Christmas present for me anyway!! Fingers crossed that odd nub issue from previous versions isn't there on this one! ;) . Ah well, it still remains, but this new update is very impressive anyway, with all the options for changing screen resolution on the fly! Thanks again for all the hard work :D

No nub-support in this version, sorry. Would have to be manually implemented since notaz' SDL doesn't recognize the input from the Linux X window system. Of course you can still move the mouse with the dpad in this version.

I must dig out my wireless mouse, and see does that work on it or not (can't remember if it did that only in the special nubs version released before

ah well, I still have the nubs version on my Pandora desktop, it gets a regular workout on occasion! Playing Amiga games on the go still gives me a different warm glow to other consoles, probably due to the many many lost hours on my original A500, then A1200!

When i start the pnd from a terminal by using "pnd_run" (not pnd_run.sh), I get the simple zenity-window with the two choices "other" and "FAME/C". But when i start the emulator from the start-menu, then the old zenity-windows appear with the radio-button-menu showing 6 choices and another zenity-menu after that. And I don't understand at all why. I tried deleting the appdata-folder, unmounted the card with the uae4all.pnd to see if anything else is left regarding uae4all ("find / -iname "*uae4all*"), but can't find a reason for this behaviour.

Is someone else experiencing this?

You probably still have the old PND in /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/menu/. Just delete the old one.

Close guess. I oversaw another version in the root-directory of the SD-card. Only checked for old versions in the <sd-card>/pandora-directory before. Thanks for making me look once more. =)

Thanks for this, but could someone please tell me how to launch a game.. i have read all the documentation but am still none the wiser.. i have several games in .adf format in the UAE4All roms folder, do i have to mount all disks..? if i then press start/alt (is this the launch button??) i just get a black screen..?

Thanks

Usually it is not more than Inserting the first/only disc of a game into the drive DF0 and pressing select/ctrl to make the game boot. I think the games have to be really .adf-files and not zipped versions of them.

Thanks and really useful options. Just 2 queries:

1. Why is fame the first option - I normally use UAE as compatability is higher and performance doesnt seem a problem
  2. On vertical scrolling I get a weird tearing effect about 1/10 of the way up the screen from the bottom. Seems to be every resolution option and pinball dreams is a good test. Is this vsync related?

Thanks again.

Usually it is not more than Inserting the first/only disc of a game into the drive DF0 and pressing select/ctrl to make the game boot. I think the games have to be really .adf-files and not zipped versions of them.

That is exactly what i am doing.. and the adf's aren't zipped

That is exactly what i am doing.. and the adf's aren't zipped

Perhaps a silly question but I take you have the kick start rom?

@Garrett: When you pick the option "eject all drives" and then "reset", does there appear a white hand with a blue workbench-disk on a white background?

Yes i have the kick start rom

Which button do i press to eject all drives..? B goes to Miscellanous, A & X do nothing, and Y goes to to Custom Controls

the X-button (not to be confused with the character "x" on the keyboard) is the one to select options in the menu. If you see four times "insert disk image" in the menu, then you already got no disk inserted and "Eject All Drives" doesn't do anything.

@Garrett: When you pick the option "eject all drives" and then "reset", does there appear a white hand with a blue workbench-disk on a white background?

OK i have ejected all drives & reset but i don't get the white hand/blue workbench disk as you describe..?

Then try different (various) kickstart-rom-images. I got three files in the "kickstart"-folder of the appdata-directory of uae4all named "kick12.rom", "kick13.rom", "kick20.rom" and all of them are 524288 bytes large.

Back