Beta Snes9X4D4P - Another New Build, Now With Hi Res And New Rom Picker

Ivanovic said:
Some of the switches might work, but especially the one for audio is bogus and won't improve things! Currently audio is set to the frequency that is *identical* to the one of the original SNES, meaning 32kHz. Setting it higher will *not* improve things in the output quality, in fact they might result in worse sound. To set any values you have to create a file named "app.txt" in your snes9x4p appdata folder and the stuff will be used. Though be aware that it is likely that not all (if any) of the switches listed on this forum post will work!

is this for the pandora version or *all* versions?

sience (spelling) said he set it to it's lowest setting (9khz?) by default and to use that specific switch to increase the quality of the audio on the caanoo port.

I was having some staticy audio issues on my caanoo at the time untill I realized it was in fact a blown speaker that was causing the noise.

So the default is set to 32khz whitch is the maximum the orininal snes hardware could have produced... that's good to know.

by setting the default lower could you gain a preformance boost, as it was noticeable difference ~5 fps going from the minimum 1 (9khz?) to the max 7 (48khz?) I almost refuse to belive my perception of the fps AND the quality was all in my head.

but if that is true then I'll just take my foot out of my mouth

Last edited by a moderator:
Trust me, there should usually be no need to reduce the audio quality for the pandora version. The main difference between the pandora and the dingux version are that the pandora version comes with audio at 32kHz as default as well as no frameskip active and instead working vsync (if you activate frameskip you lose vsync!). Plus (in the latest version) transparency effects are active by default. As comparison the dingoo version comes with lower audio, no transparency (can be activated in the menu!) as well as frameskip set to "auto".

So you should not try to compare the dingoo version in default setup to the pandora version. Those are differing in their default setup. Speedwise you won't gain much on the pandora by lowering the audio quality. That you see this much of a difference on the dingoo is no surprise, since with auto frameskip audio has highest priority, so audio first and every available processing power *after* audio goes to the graphics part. When a fixed frameskip is defined all power goes first to reaching the specified amount of frames and *afterwards* to audio. This combined with the by far higher speed available from the pandora leads to those differences and to changes in audio quality not helping much with general speed (since you will already get rather bad/slow audio if the game is too demanding).

In general basically all games that don't depend on the fx(2) chip should work nicely, even hires games like secret of mana. But the hires game require some more processing power than the "normal" games and thus can have some slowdowns every now and then. I have not tested any fx(2) based games myself, so no idea how they work (I don't have one here, so how to test? ;) ), but heard some reports that there might be some (significant?) problems with them.

goldenegg said:
7z support doesn't work for me. Whenever I try to load a game, all I get is a black screen. I compressed my roms individually using P7Zip on my Mac. Any thoughts?
I am getting the same behavior - it happens when the 7z filename contains spaces. If I rename the file without spaces, everything works fine.

death wears a big hat said:
goldenegg said:
7z support doesn't work for me. Whenever I try to load a game, all I get is a black screen. I compressed my roms individually using P7Zip on my Mac. Any thoughts?
I am getting the same behavior - it happens when the 7z filename contains spaces. If I rename the file without spaces, everything works fine.
This is still not fixed on the latest version.

Update:

I had an older version of snes9x4p, version snes9x4p_20101111. It ran all the *.7z roms the latest version 20110310 did not run. Older versions do not seem to be affected by any files with spaces in the name...

I've posted both logs with the same rom file "2020 Super Baseball.7z" using the two versions.

v20101111:
sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -m -p /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/menu//snes9x4p_20101111.pnd -e ./run.sh -b snes9x.skeezix.alpha -c 600
not mounted on loop yet, doing so
LoopMountedon:
/dev/loop2
Filetype is Squashfs
Mounting PND (mount -t squashfs) :
/dev/loop2 on /mnt/pnd/snes9x.skeezix.alpha type squashfs (ro)
Filesystem is vfat
Mounting the Union FS using /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/snes9x.skeezix.alpha as Write directory:
mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs=/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/snes9x.skeezix.alpha=rw+nolwh:/mnt/pnd/snes9x.skeezix.alpha=rr none /mnt/utmp/snes9x.skeezix.alpha
none on /mnt/utmp/snes9x.skeezix.alpha type aufs (rw,si=66f4d237,noplink)
none on /mnt/utmp/snes9x.skeezix.alpha type aufs (rw,si=66f4d237,noplink)
[------------------------------]{ App start }[---------------------------------]
ROM filename is /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/-roms/snes/2020 Super Baseball.7z
PWD pre-run /mnt/utmp/snes9x.skeezix.alpha
cat: args.txt: No such file or directory

7-Zip (A) 9.04 beta Copyright (c) 1999-2009 Igor Pavlov 2009-05-30
p7zip Version 9.04 (locale=C,Utf16=off,HugeFiles=on,1 CPU)

Processing archive: /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/-roms/snes/2020 Super Baseball.7z

Extracting 2020 Super Baseball (J) [a1][hI].smc

Everything is Ok

Size: 1572864
Compressed: 577143
No ROM file header found.
"2020 SUPER BASEBALL" [bad checksum] HiROM, 16Mbits, Type: ROM only, Mode: 21, TV: NTSC, S-RAM: 0Kb, ROMId: Company:

Assuming 60hz LCD
Rate: 32000, Buffer size: 512, 16-bit: yes, Stereo: yes, Encoded: no
SupportHiRes = FALSE
Starting PickleLauncher.
Running from './picklelauncher'
Loading config.
Initializing SDL.
SDL initialized.
LoadImage -> Could not load image: Couldn't open images/button_edit.png at path='images/button_edit.png'
LoadImage -> Could not load image: Couldn't open images/button_options.png at path='images/button_options.png'
Loading profile.
Closing TTF fonts.
Quitting TTF.
Quitting SDL.
Quitting PickleLauncher.
[-------------------------------]{ App end }[----------------------------------]
cleanup done

v20110310:
sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -m -p /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/menu//snes9x4p_20110310.pnd -e ./run.sh -b snes9x.skeezix.alpha
not mounted on loop yet, doing so
LoopMountedon:
/dev/loop3
Filetype is Squashfs
Mounting PND (mount -t squashfs) :
/dev/loop3 on /mnt/pnd/snes9x.skeezix.alpha type squashfs (ro)
Filesystem is vfat
Mounting the Union FS using /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/snes9x.skeezix.alpha as Write directory:
mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs=/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/snes9x.skeezix.alpha=rw+nolwh:/mnt/pnd/snes9x.skeezix.alpha=rr none /mnt/utmp/snes9x.skeezix.alpha
none on /mnt/utmp/snes9x.skeezix.alpha type aufs (rw,si=6270a437,noplink)
none on /mnt/utmp/snes9x.skeezix.alpha type aufs (rw,si=6270a437,noplink)
[------------------------------]{ App start }[---------------------------------]
/bin/sh: cd: line 1: can't cd to /media/8GB_PROGS/pandora/menu/pnd_tmp/
ROM filename is /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/-roms/snes/2020 Super Baseball.7z
PWD pre-run /mnt/utmp/snes9x.skeezix.alpha
No ROM file header found.
"??G???~????d?SC?u(?2N" [bad checksum] LoROM, Corrupt, Type: ROM+RAM+BAT+S-RTC, Mode: 20, TV: PAL, S-RAM: Corrupt, ROMId: B??? Company: ??

Switching to 50hz LCD
Switching to 50hz LCD
Rate: 32000, Buffer size: 512, 16-bit: yes, Stereo: yes, Encoded: no
SupportHiRes = FALSE
Starting PickleLauncher Version v0.20.
Running from '/mnt/utmp/snes9x.skeezix.alpha/' as 'picklelauncher'
Loading config.
Loading ziplist.
Initializing SDL.
SDL initialized.
Loading profile.
Closing TTF fonts.
Quitting TTF.
Quitting SDL.
Quitting PickleLauncher Version v0.20.
[-------------------------------]{ App end }[----------------------------------]
cleanup done

It appears that for some reason, in the newest version, it ignores/bypasses extracting of the achieve completely...

lobski said:
I had an older version of snes9x4p, version snes9x4p_20101111. It ran all the *.7z roms the latest version 20110310 did not run. Older versions do not seem to be affected by any files with spaces in the name...
The easiest solution to this is to simply rename your 7z files to not contain spaces. You can easily replace spaces by underscore using this command in a shell (should be possible on OSX as well as any common linux, most likely on the pandora itself, too!):
Code:
change into the dir with the 7z files
for i in *7z; do mv "$i" `echo $i | tr ' ' '_'`; done
This replaces each space it finds in the files ending with 7z by an underscore. Simple as that.

I don't know what you mean by PocketSNES sound emulation is miles behind the new version of SNES9x, it maybe, but in Seiken Densetsu 3 the sound while walking and attack is utterly wrong and sounds very annoying. It seems so bad to my ears that I have resorted to PocketSNES on Ginge. The only issues I have with doing that is that the resolution is 320x240.

I'm not sure what it is, but maybe it is supposed to be that way? I'll give it a run in ZSNES and SNES9x on my computer later and see if it's actually emulating the sound correctly but I just like the "wrong" sound in PocketSNES better.

Edit:

Sound in ZSNES sounds just like PocketSNES
Sound in SNES9x 1.38 sound just like SNES9x4p

Seems like a problem with the current official version of SNES9x? The sounds just sound a lot more high pitched then it should be.

Edit2: Sound in SNES9x sound like ZSNES/PocketSNES when I enable "Anti Resonance's sample decoding method"

How would I do that with SNES9x4p? app.txt and args.txt does not work

I found this while googling the problem, seems this is the problem everyone on the thread is talking about.
Switch to using Anti Resonance's sample decoding method. Some games, notably Squaresoft RPG games, make use of a SNES hardare sample decoding bug/ feature to generate wind and swish-type sound effects; selecting this option enables code that tries to simulate the feature. The disadvantage is that it can decode some 'normal' samples incorrectly. -noecho or -ne (default: on)

So it was no bug at all, just a option that needed switching.

Darkknight512 said:
I don't know what you mean by PocketSNES sound emulation is miles behind the new version of SNES9x, it maybe, but in Seiken Densetsu 3 the sound while walking and attack is utterly wrong and sounds very annoying. It seems so bad to my ears that I have resorted to PocketSNES on Ginge. The only issues I have with doing that is that the resolution is 320x240.

I'm not sure what it is, but maybe it is supposed to be that way? I'll give it a run in ZSNES and SNES9x on my computer later and see if it's actually emulating the sound correctly but I just like the "wrong" sound in PocketSNES better.

Edit:

Sound in ZSNES sounds just like PocketSNES
Sound in SNES9x 1.38 sound just like SNES9x4p

Seems like a problem with the current official version of SNES9x? The sounds just sound a lot more high pitched then it should be.

Edit2: Sound in SNES9x sound like ZSNES/PocketSNES when I enable "Anti Resonance's sample decoding method"

How would I do that with SNES9x4p? app.txt and args.txt does not work

I found this while googling the problem, seems this is the problem everyone on the thread is talking about.
Switch to using Anti Resonance's sample decoding method. Some games, notably Squaresoft RPG games, make use of a SNES hardare sample decoding bug/ feature to generate wind and swish-type sound effects; selecting this option enables code that tries to simulate the feature. The disadvantage is that it can decode some 'normal' samples incorrectly. -noecho or -ne (default: on)

So it was no bug at all, just a option that needed switching.

Awesome, thanks for posting this. I had putting off playing Chrono Trigger until this sound bug was fixed, but I'm happy to report the switch

-alt on

fixed the broken swish sounds.

However I also noticed that args.txt was not working due to a bug in the launch script.

I extracted the pnd, made this change:
Code:
--- a/snes.sh
+++ b/snes.sh
@@ -18,7 +18,7 @@ ARGS='
 if [ -f "args.txt" ]
 then
        PICKUPARGS=`cat args.txt`
-       if [ $PICKUPARGS ]
+       if [ ! -z "$PICKUPARGS" ]
        then
                # http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/Snes9x#Command_Line_Parame
                ARGS=$PICKUPARGS

Then put:
Code:
-alt on

in args.txt in the appdata directory.

If someone knows how to pass this switch from pickle launcher on a per game basis I would be interested in knowing.

Thanks for the comments. I tested things with adding the noecho mode to the menu first. That one did not improve anything. Using alternative sample decoding things do now work nicely. That is: I added an option to switch to the alternative sound mode at runtime. Besides I also fixed the run script. Yeah, I should probably have gone through it all when taking over maintenance of the emulator...
Since I finally have some free time again (just finished my diploma thesis) I might now have a look at implementing some *simple* solution for saving rom specific settings so that those settings are always automatically restored when starting the emulator.

Short version:

Changes in "1.39ff.20111010.1" compared to "1.39ff.20110310.2"
* Allow to switch to alternative sound decoding mode using the emulator menu. This is required to make sounds effects sound better for some games, especially games from squaresoft.
* Fixed the run script to actually allow the usage of an "args.txt" file to supply different commandline arguments to the emulator.

Okay, I now really added saving of rom specific preferences. Those preference files are *not* meant to be hand edited, so if you edit them manually, it might not work as you expect it. The settings are only saved when exiting the program normally. So if it crashes or you kill it, the preferences might not be saved. Please report any problems you encounter with this new feature so that I can fix them.

Changes in "1.39ff.20111010.2" compared to "1.39ff.20110310.1"
* Safe rom specific settings like the savestate slot used, display mode, ... into ROMNAME.scfg in the folder where the SRAMs and savestates are stored, too.

Download Snes9x4P from the repo

Hi, it's me again about the rather awkward hotkeys of the pickle launcher.

As stated on the repo comments, I would suggest to improve the key bindings because they are not intuitive at the moment (Please excuse me if I may sound harsh, I'm not a native speaker and I don't mean any harm; just want to give some constructive feedback, maximum elaboration ;) ).
This is the current situation and my thoughts/ experiences:
digital up/down: move rom entry up/down by one [fine!]
digital left/right: move rom entry up/down by ten [not fine!]
button x/y: folder up/ not used [not fine!]
button a/b: not used/ folder up [not fine!]
start button: not used [not fine!]​
Let me explain why I think very need improvement: I assume we all agree that -in general- good controls should not need any explanations. The user understands them right away and there is no need to look up anything because things work as a regular person would expect it to work. That's not the case with all key binds here:
digital left/right: move rom entry up/down by ten [not fine!]: you do a left/right movement on the digipad and the cursor of the rom picker moves up/ down. There is no correspondence between those to things. I have to admit that I even didn't know about this as I find this combination so absurd, that I wouldn't look on the digipad left/right to find a button that lets me scroll down 10 entries. Instead I used the touch screen buttons on the left, or tried my luck with the search function (which is bugged, more about that later).
Suggestion: why not use the up/ down buttons on the pandora, that are used in all other programs as well? That would be the x/y buttons on right side of the Pandora. They are pageup/down and they work that way in every editor, webbrowser, file explorer etc. Also, their placement suggests their function: y-button moves upwards, as it's above the x-button, which moves downwards.
If you want a better usage for digital left/ right, use them for folder switching: digileft could be used to go back one folder, digiright goes forward into the selected folder.

button x/y: folder up/ not used [not fine!]
button a/b: not used/ folder up [not fine!]: the two buttons on the lower right side of the pandora (x and y ) are used to start a game+enter a folder (b-button) and to move back a folder (x-button). Again, there is no way to know that setting, except by trial and error. However, x and y are pageup/pagedown on the pandora, so they should be used as stated above, leaving us with a and b unused. As I had a SNES in the old days I know that most of the games were using the convention: a-button selects, activates, b-button cancels/ reverts. So as there would be no other function to map to b, I wouldn't care if it stays that way. But please allow for the a-button the start a game as well.

start button: not used [not fine!]: ok, lets say I have never used the launcher or the pandora ever before. I managed to select a rom and now I want to start it. Hmm, which button should I press? Lets see, ah! There is a special button on the Pandora that says "START", why not use this one? No, doesn't do anything ;( That's a shame because we have this special button but it's not used.. if it's technicly possible, could you please add it as a 4th way to start a game? Just because you can?
That said I suggest this layout, that -in my opinion- improves things a lot:
digital up/down: move rom entry up/down by one
digital left/right: move through folders
button x/y: move rom entry down/up by a full screen
button a/b: start game + enter folder / folder back
start button: start game

I really hope that I might convince the right ppl to change the layout. The Emulator as well as the Pickle Launcher are both excellent software and I love you guys for doing this. But one litte flaw there still it that keeps me from rating 5*, and that's the things I mentioned. Think about it please and hopefully you come to the same (or an even better) solution.

Thx for reading, let me know what you all think about it.

-zapman

PS: The bug that I mentioned about the Launchers search function: if you press a letter key, you jump right to the roms that start with that letter. the problem with the current version is, that the corresponding rom is displayed at the center of the screen, while the selector stays at the old position (relative). It would be nice if the selector jumped to the same middle loction as well so that you can see the rom at the first glance. Also, if you delete a character you typed in, it is not displayed correctly at the top right corner of the launcher. As this search function is very nice and valuable, it would be nice if it could get fixed. Thx.

Okay, lets split things up somehow:
1) The problems with the search function are "picklelauncher issues". It would probably be better if you told pickle about those. Not sure if those are fixed in a more recent version than I am using though. It might be a good idea to post those launcher specific issues in a thread that pickle does read, like eg this one: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/5674-picklelauncher-issues-requests/

2) From how I understand things there might be a slight problem with your proposed changes: IIRC picklelauncher does not support mapping the same functionality to several buttons. Yes, otherwise I would still eg have "enter" active as "start this item". So yeah, some of your proposals can't work this nicely as long as this limitation is valid. And personally I really dislike *only* having the "start" button to activate content simply because this is an ergonomic nightmare to reach when holding the Pandora normally.

The version of picklelauncher currently shipped with the snes9x4p binary is a little older though. A more recent release might already improve things. I am currently building the latest version and will upload it to the repo in hope that it won't break things too badly. I will not change the default config for the moment, though I'd be happy if you could have a look at the config files of picklelauncher that you got in your snes9x4p appdata folder (the relevant file is "config.txt" and the complete path from the root of your sdcard should be "pandora/appdata/snes9x.skeezix.alpha/config.txt"). In this you can experiment for yourself with the button mapping to see if your proposed changes actually feel "better". Yes, you can do those "just for yourself" to have them the way you want it and you could also attach/post them here so that others can test them and give me feedback what is better.

The latest version is available via the repo. Just to have the latest changes in the emulator listed in this thread, too (and not only in a thread in the other boards):

Changes in "1.39ff.20111205.2" compared to "1.39ff.20111205.1":
* New version of picklelauncher (based on r8 of pickles svn repo).

Changes in "1.39ff.20111205.1" compared to "1.39ff.20111204.1":
* Allow hardware scaling for HiRes Games, too.
* Default to the hardware scaled 4:3 mode when nothing is/was selected yet or an invalid mode is selected.
* Only display scaling modes that are actually supported (limited support of scaling modes for HiRes (no scale2x and smooth)).
* Fixed display of the framecounter when in HW scaling mode.
* Fixed switching through scaling modes using the keyboard key 's' to include all modes.
* VSync should now work correctly again.

Changes in "1.39ff.20111204.1" compared to "1.39ff.20111010.2":
* Added notaz libsdl and based on this added some hardware scaling capabilities (all using the full height but only work for LowRes Roms (no Secret of Mana):
- fullscreen
- 4:3
- 8:7 (aspect ratio used internally for NTSC)
- 8:7,5 (aspect ratio used internally for PAL)
* Fixed menu to display more nicely when switching through display modes.

Ivanovic said:
Okay, lets split things up somehow:
1) The problems with the search function are "picklelauncher issues". It would probably be better if you told pickle about those. Not sure if those are fixed in a more recent version than I am using though. It might be a good idea to post those launcher specific issues in a thread that pickle does read, like eg this one: http://boards.openpa...ssues-requests/
The new version you packed is working much better. The display bug on the top right is gone in most of the cases and I learned that the search function does not look for the first letters of the roms but searches you string in all filenames. That's even better then I thought and makes my other suggestions about the search function obsolete. I will post problems that I might encounter to the thread you posted, thx for the link.

Ivanovic said:
2) From how I understand things there might be a slight problem with your proposed changes: IIRC picklelauncher does not support mapping the same functionality to several buttons. Yes, otherwise I would still eg have "enter" active as "start this item". So yeah, some of your proposals can't work this nicely as long as this limitation is valid. And personally I really dislike *only* having the "start" button to activate content simply because this is an ergonomic nightmare to reach when holding the Pandora normally.

The version of picklelauncher currently shipped with the snes9x4p binary is a little older though. A more recent release might already improve things. I am currently building the latest version and will upload it to the repo in hope that it won't break things too badly. I will not change the default config for the moment, though I'd be happy if you could have a look at the config files of picklelauncher that you got in your snes9x4p appdata folder (the relevant file is "config.txt" and the complete path from the root of your sdcard should be "pandora/appdata/snes9x.skeezix.alpha/config.txt"). In this you can experiment for yourself with the button mapping to see if your proposed changes actually feel "better". Yes, you can do those "just for yourself" to have them the way you want it and you could also attach/post them here so that others can test them and give me feedback what is better.

Ok, if there are reasons there can't be multiple buttons assigned for the same thing atm, I understand. I edited the config file myself and I'm so glad you told me about this! The new settings feel so much nice and easier to navigate. Synergy doens't work atm (the home dir must have moved with HF6, it can't find the .synergy.config and I can't find the new location of the home dir) so I can't paste my settings here. I will also stick to Pickles thread to ask him if he would implement the multiple button thing as a feature for later versions of his software.

thx Ivanovic!

Ah, there still is WinSCP, here are my settings, for those who feel about the old settings like I do:

# General Settings
screen_width = 800 # Screen width in pixels.
screen_height = 480 # Screen height in pixels.
screen_depth = 16 # Screen depth in bits per pixel.
fullscreen = 1 # True if screen is set to fullscreen mode, otherwise false.
cpu_clock = 300 # If supported, will set the CPU to clock value in Mhz.
use_zip_support = 0 # True if launcher uses internal zip support.
show_exts = 0 # True if the selector should show file extensions in the filenames, otherwise false.
show_hidden = 0 # True if the selector should show hidden files and folders in the display list, otherwise false.
show_pointer = 0 # True if the selector should show the SDL pointer, otherwise false.
show_labels = 0 # True if the selector should show the button text ttf labels, otherwise false.
unused_keys_select = 0 # True if any unmapped key events should cause the application launch, otherwise false.
unused_buttons_select = 0 # True if any unmapped button events should cause the application launch, otherwise false.
reload_launcher = 1 # True if the launcher should reload following the shutdown of the target application, otherwise false.
text_scroll_option = 1 # True if horizontal the text scroll option should enabled, otherwise false.
filename_arg_no_ext = 0 # True if the extension for file to be loaded is removed, else the extension is not removed from the filename.
file_abs_path = 1 # True if the absolute path for the file location should be used to calling the filname, else the path is omitted.
font_size_small = 16 # Font size identified as small.
font_size_medium = 24 # Font size identified as medium.
font_size_large = 28 # Font size identified as large.
entry_fast_mode = 1 # Fast entry navagation mode, where 0 for alphabetic mode 1 for search filter
max_entries = 10 # Maximum number of entries to be in the display list.
scroll_speed = 2 # The speed of the horizontal the text scroll speed, lower faster, higher slower..
scroll_pause_speed = 100 # The time delay of the horizontal the text scroll when the left/right ends are reached, lower shorter, higher longer.
profile_delimiter = ; # Delimiter character

# GUI Positions
autolayout = 0 # True if the launcher should auto position gui elements, if false manual positions are used.
posx_title = 5 # X coordinate in the upper left corner
posy_title = 25 # Y coordinate in the upper left corner
posx_btnleft = 5 # X coordinate in the upper left corner
posy_btnleft = 100 # Y coordinate in the upper left corner
posx_btnright = 610 # X coordinate in the bottom left corner
posy_btnright = 480 # Y coordinate in the bottom left corner
posx_listnames = 90 # X coordinate in the upper left corner
posy_listnames = 106 # Y coordinate in the upper left corner

# GUI Options
entry_y_delta = 4 # todo
entry_x_offset = 10 # todo
entry_y_offset = 20 # todo
button_w_left = 50 # todo
button_h_left = 30 # todo
button_w_right = 160 # todo
button_h_right = 80 # todo
preview_w = 200 # todo
preview_h = 120 # todo
entry_max_w = 600 # todo
filepath_max_w = 790 # todo

# Button Enable Options
buttonleft_enable_0 = 1 #
buttonleft_enable_1 = 1 #
buttonleft_enable_2 = 1 #
buttonleft_enable_3 = 1 #
buttonleft_enable_4 = 1 #
buttonleft_enable_5 = 0 #
buttonleft_enable_6 = 0 #
buttonright_enable_0 = 1 #
buttonright_enable_1 = 1 #
buttonright_enable_2 = 0 #
buttonright_enable_3 = 0 #

# Paths
zip_temp_path = ziptemp # Path to store extracted files from zip.
previews_path = previews # Path to read preview graphics.
font_path = Dotmatrx.ttf # Path to ttf font file.
image_background = images/background.png # Path to background graphic.
image_pointer = images/pointer.png # Path to pointer graphic
image_selectpointer = images/selectpointer.png # Path to selector pointer graphic
image_upone = images/button_oneup.png # Path to button graphic for one up.
image_downone = images/button_onedn.png # Path to button graphic for one down.
image_pageup = images/button_pageup.png # Path to button graphic for page up.
image_pagedown = images/button_pagedn.png # Path to button graphic for page down.
image_dirup = images/button_dirup.png # Path to button graphic for dir up.
image_dirdown = images/button_dirdn.png # Path to button graphic for dir down.
image_cfgapp = images/button_dirdn.png # Path to button graphic for cfg app.
image_cfgitem = images/button_dirdn.png # Path to button graphic for cfg item.
image_select = images/button_launch.png # Path to button graphic for cfg select.
image_quit = images/button_quit.png # Path to button graphic for quit.

# Colors
# 0 white 1 yellow 2 fushsia
# 3 red 4 silver 5 gray
# 6 olive 7 purple 8 maroon
# 9 aqua 10 lime 11 teal
# 12 green 13 blue 14 navy
# 15 black
color_buttons = 13 # Color index used for the coloring the fallback button.
color_fontbuttons = 0 # Color index used for the coloring the font used in the fallback button.
color_background = 0 # Color index used for the coloring the screen background.
color_fontfiles = 15 # Color index used for the coloring the entries that are files.
color_fontfolders = 14 # Color index used for the coloring the entries that are folders.

# Controls

# Keyboard
key_up = 273 # up
key_down = 274 # down
key_left = 280 # y button: jump 10 roms up
key_right = 281 # x button:jump 10 roms down

key_dirup = 276 # left
key_dirdown = 275 # right

key_cfgapp = 0 # unknown key
key_cfgentry = 0 # unknown key
key_setone = 51 # 3
key_setall = 52 # 4
key_select = 278 # a button
key_back = 279 # b button (does nothing)
key_quit = 27 # escape

# Joystick
button_up = 0 #
button_down = 1 #
button_left = 2 #
button_right = 3 #
button_dirup = 4 #
button_dirdown = 5 #
button_cfgapp = 6 #
button_cfgentry = 7 #
button_setone = 8 #
button_setall = 9 #
button_select = 8 #
button_back = 11 #
button_quit = 9 #
deadzone = 10000 # Deadzone for analog joysticks.

Just to keep you busy increasing the download counter I did some more additional changes to this emulator. The changes are rather small and insignificant, though IMO the display of message like "State loaded" is a nice addition. As always the latest version is available via the repo.

Changes in "1.39ff.20111207.1" compared to "1.39ff.20111205.2":
* Make sure the (rather useless!) fps counter is displayed on the game screen and not in some "off screen corner"
* Reenable display of messages like "State saved" and allign them nicely in the line above the fps counter.
* Allow to exit the emulator with 'Esc' additonally to exiting via the menu or the key 'q'.
* Updated the readme file to include the Pandora specific changelog and info about compilation as well as other things.

Okay, I have been busy today and done some stuff for this emulator. The most obvious change is that I switched over to github, applied the patch from john4p (all the changes in "1.39ff.20111208.1") and completely reworked the menu (feedback welcome!). Besides I did some smaller changes, as listed in the changelog. As always the latest version is available via the repo.

Changes in "1.39ff.20111213.1" compared to "1.39ff.20111208.1":
* Don't quit the emulator when pressing the 'q' button on the Keyboard. Quiting now works using 'Esc' (fn+q) or via the menu.
* Completely reworked the menu (feedback welcome!).
* Added an option to toggle vsync to the menu. Beware that turning off vsync will remove the frame limiter and many games will run significantly too fast.
* Some rendering code cleanups leading to tiny (negligible!) speed improvements for the HW scaled modes as well as HiRes games when using 2x2 no-AA and the rom requires a width of 512px.
* Update of the README to list credits and point to the new repo at github.

Changes in "1.39ff.20111208.1" compared to "1.39ff.20111207.1":
* Added the possibility to cut black borders in the GUI (useful for SF2- and Final Fight-series and Batman Returns).
* Values for cut borders automatically get stored and restored per game.

Back