Release UAE4All new version

@zapman: Just doubled the mouse movement in stylus mode which seems to have fixed the issue where the pointer wouldn't fully move to where you tap.

Tested at 320x240 resolution - don't know if it also works correctly at e.g. 320x200 or 320x262. Feedback please.

Keep in mind to calibrate mouse pointer to the stylus with [L]+dpad.

New version now up at the repo: http://repo.openpand...ail&app=uae4all

(Haven't implemented DJWillis invisible cursor fix yet.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, beta 5 here. My game was Switchblade - really crappy sound unless I use Cyclone.

D.

Switchblade I+II both run fullspeed at 600MHz with FAME/C in Beta 4. Must be a Beta 5-problem then.

Whats the best screen resolution for running this?

Is there any chance in future that auto resolution switching will be included?

Best resolution depends on the game. For many games 320x200 is ideal (which is great for Pandora since it's a 16:10 "widescreen" format) while many others need 320x256 (almost square 5:4 format). But there are a lot of other games which need other resolutions, e.g. Turrican I+II and Beast II: 320x216, Lotus I: 320x208.

Auto-switching isn't planned but you can save the current config per game: so if you've found the best screen dimensions and screen positioning for your game just save "per game config" and the resolution will be automatically set the next time you load the game.

(Plus I recommend creating a savestate at the game's title screen or start of 1st level so you don't have to load the game again the next time.)

I've never quite gotten save states to work properly for me. I'm never sure of the right time to load them, do you need to have the appropriate adf already running within UAE4ALL before you load it? The reason I ask is I'd like to save my progress within games like Cannon Fodder that way, but it never seems to quite work properly...

I'm running the latest 5a beta on my Pandora, I'll try a few games on that tonight after work and report my findings as regrards the issues above :)

I've never quite gotten save states to work properly for me. I'm never sure of the right time to load them, do you need to have the appropriate adf already running within UAE4ALL before you load it?
Emulation of the Amiga must have started. It suffices to press [R] or [sTART] from the GUI - then you can go back to the gui right away. Just put the disk into the first disk drive that was in this drive when you previously saved the state (the savestate's name depends on the name of the disk in the 1st first drive) and then loading the state should work.

When saving a state keep in mind to keep emulation going for at least 2 seconds before you enter the gui and exit uae4all (or else you might corrupt the savestate).

I did try and run Heimdall using a previous savestate and set up and the sound was really bad. Could it be that older save states and setups are causing the sound issue?

I have just tried Switchblade 1 & 2 and both are fine using beta 5. I´m only on the default clockspeed of 600 mhz.

Switchblade I+II both run fullspeed at 600MHz with FAME/C in Beta 4. Must be a Beta 5-problem then.

@zapman: Just doubled the mouse movement in stylus mode which seems to have fixed the issue where the pointer wouldn't fully move to where you tap.

Tested at 320x240 resolution - don't know if it also works correctly at e.g. 320x200 or 320x262. Feedback please.

Keep in mind to calibrate mouse pointer to the stylus with [L]+dpad.

New version now up at the repo: http://repo.openpand...ail&app=uae4all

(Haven't implemented DJWillis invisible cursor fix yet.)

thanks a lot! I tested with defender of the crown and touch input is 100% accurate for all resolutions I tested (all of the L+R [1-0] resolution settings). Great thing!

To substitute an amiga mouse with the touch screen, two more things are still needed: mouse movement without any LMB clicks and a RMB click. Could you supply some hot key combos for that? From a gamers point of view I would dream of these settings for right handed users:

normal touch input: Amiga LMB

touch input + L: Amiga RMB

touch input + L + 1: move Amiga mouse to touch location without any button presses.

Would that be possible?

The game I initially wanted to play (Bloodwych) doesn't work with the new touch fix though but I guess it's got a special mouse input method as the mouse coursor can leave the screen on the left or right side and reappear on the opposite side... To make that work with touch input you would need to have a look at the game I'm afraid. :( Right now the mouse pointer still flickers between two different locations and does erratic things with new touch input.

I don't have the Switchblade games but I tried Turrican 2, Speedball 2, Superfrog, Tearaway Thomas and Datastorm, no sound or graphic glitches that I can see anyway! All run @600mhz on beta 5a

(null)

I don't have the Switchblade games but I tried Turrican 2, Speedball 2, Superfrog, Tearaway Thomas and Datastorm, no sound or graphic glitches that I can see anyway! All run @600mhz on beta 5a

(null)

Interesting - it seems like there is inconsistency between users on Beta 5 ? Or is there only a single user having problems with Beta 5 and UAE4All ?

thanks a lot! I tested with defender of the crown and touch input is 100% accurate for all resolutions I tested (all of the L+R [1-0] resolution settings). Great thing!

To substitute an amiga mouse with the touch screen, two more things are still needed: mouse movement without any LMB clicks and a RMB click. Could you supply some hot key combos for that? From a gamers point of view I would dream of these settings for right handed users:

normal touch input: Amiga LMB

touch input + L: Amiga RMB

touch input + L + 1: move Amiga mouse to touch location without any button presses.

Would that be possible?
Already implemented:

hold dpad down + stylus tap: move without any click

[R] or [L] + stylus tap: move and rightclick

dpad left: leftclick (by holding this you can e.g. move items in Workbench with the stylus)

dpad right: rightclick

dpad up: click left and right simultaneously

The game I initially wanted to play (Bloodwych) doesn't work with the new touch fix though but I guess it's got a special mouse input method as the mouse coursor can leave the screen on the left or right side and reappear on the opposite side... To make that work with touch input you would need to have a look at the game I'm afraid. :( Right now the mouse pointer still flickers between two different locations and does erratic things with new touch input.
Ah, sorry. For some Amiga games stylus input just doesn't work because they have some custom mouse implementation.

I did try and run Heimdall using a previous savestate and set up and the sound was really bad. Could it be that older save states and setups are causing the sound issue?
In most cases the sound will be correct after a few seconds if you enter and leave the gui after loading the state.

But very rarely a savestate will be created where the sound just is and stays broken after loading it again - I think it can happen when there's lots of audio output and disk access at the moment you save the state and it seems to be also game-dependent.

I have just tried Switchblade 1 & 2 and both are fine using beta 5. I´m only on the default clockspeed of 600 mhz.
Thanks for the testing - well, then I don't have an idea why itami and ZXDunny have sound issues with the new kernel.

(null)

Interesting - it seems like there is inconsistency between users on Beta 5 ? Or is there only a single user having problems with Beta 5 and UAE4All ?
Could there be some other reason, like something chewing CPU in the background? Maybe try running top in terminal and disabling wifi?

Are you both using beta 5? If yes then it may be a bug in this latest beta of superzaxxon.

Yes. I´m using beta 5... all cores stutter, even cyclone.

...with the version from today it´s still the same.

It'd help confirm that the problem is beta 5-related if one of you would test again with beta 4 (and kernel 3.2).

ahh, thx for pointing out the very nice mouse button combos for touch input john4p. I should have had a look at the emulators description.. Will not forget next time :)

It'd help confirm that the problem is beta 5-related if one of you would test again with beta 4 (and kernel 3.2).

For me, beta 4 has the same stuttering sound...

For me, beta 4 has the same stuttering sound...
Thanks for your effort of reinstalling the old beta.

I only have one idea that might help: delete all *.conf-files in your pandora/appdata/uae4all/conf/-dir and then try uae4all again.

edit: Unlikely that this'll help though since it's working fine for you with kernel 2.6.

I just tried stunt car racer and the music stutters no matter what i do : overclocking, reducing khz for sound quality, etc. the 3d itself is faithful to the original, only the sound shows issues. any advice please?

Back