Release UAE4All new version

I just tried stunt car racer and the music stutters no matter what i do : overclocking, reducing khz for sound quality, etc. the 3d itself is faithful to the original, only the sound shows issues. any advice please?
Works fine here with the new kernel. Seems like you have the same issue as itami, dunny and stainy - you can reboot into kernel 2.6 for now (hold [R] when rebooting or powering on the Pandora).

I just tried stunt car racer and the music stutters no matter what i do : overclocking, reducing khz for sound quality, etc. the 3d itself is faithful to the original, only the sound shows issues. any advice please?
Works fine here with the new kernel. Seems like you have the same issue as itami, dunny and stainy - you can reboot into kernel 2.6 for now (hold [R] when rebooting or powering on the Pandora).

Hahaha... no. :)

I've switched to an ST emulator until this is sorted, there's pretty much no difference in the games other than sound (which I can live with, especially as it's - ironically - now better than the Amiga's sound!) and megadrive/snes for anything that isn't supported by the ST. Granted there are a very, very small minority of games I will miss, it's better than faffing around rebooting my panda - something I never have to do now :)

D.

Actually i am still on the 2.6 kernel. i just checked on other games and now the sound stutters on all of them... on the previous uaeall version all was perfect.

do you think moving to 3.2 would solve my problems with the new version?

Yeah you should upgrade to the current SuperZaxxon beta. Can't promise it'll help, but it definitely won't make anything worse. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
should I just go ahead and reinstall it ?
Nah, that won't make a change.

I second mcobit's suggestion. Also make sure you only have one uae4all-pnd in pandora/menu/.

If that doesn't help try rebooting into kernel 2.6 (since you're now on SuperZaxxon) and test with this.

You could try to save the contents of your SD-card on PC, then erase and format the SD-card and only put the uae4all.pnd (plus necessary dirs) on it.

Btw., do all of you having sound issues use a new Pandora with 512MB RAM?

Yes mine is a 512 mb one.

By the way it seems the sound issuea only came after the latest update of uae4all in end may. Is there some change that may have broken the sound emulation somehow?

No, 256MB here...

FIXED NOW!: (for me)

I used an empty sd-card, copied pnd, rom and a few games... and the sound was perfect even at 400Mhz (with the games I tried and standard core). Copied the config to the sd-card of the stuttering one, perfect sound...

Weird, removing config on the stuttering version did not work, copying an other config worked...

That's good news - thanks for the info!

Plz try to copy itami's solution, ekianjo.

Is there some change that may have broken the sound emulation somehow?
No - only button input was changed.

I can't recall config files ever being corrupted. Old config-files are incompatible with newer versions of uae4all though.

I also have another issue...

It comes after multiple loading/saving savestates..

I completed Rick Dangerous this morning... :) :) yay..

can`t remember if it happens after a load or a save... but the screen flashes wildly.. you can still play... but you have to end the emulator and start it again to cure the flashing.. had that four times now!

Darren

No, 256MB here... FIXED NOW!: (for me) I used an empty sd-card, copied pnd, rom and a few games... and the sound was perfect even at 400Mhz (with the games I tried and standard core). Copied the config to the sd-card of the stuttering one, perfect sound... Weird, removing config on the stuttering version did not work, copying an other config worked...

I just removed the config and it`s fixed for me... when I exit uae4all it goes back to the desktop quicker for me also.. ;)

No, 256MB here... FIXED NOW!: (for me) I used an empty sd-card, copied pnd, rom and a few games... and the sound was perfect even at 400Mhz (with the games I tried and standard core). Copied the config to the sd-card of the stuttering one, perfect sound... Weird, removing config on the stuttering version did not work, copying an other config worked...

I just removed the config and it`s fixed for me... when I exit uae4all it goes back to the desktop quicker for me also.. ;)

Didn't work for me... I have no idea what's wrong wtih my UAE4All. It worked perfectly before.

Then erase and format your sd-card completely (backup its content on PC before) and just put the uae4all.pnd + necessary dirs (empty) on it. Does that work?

Then erase and format your sd-card completely (backup its content on PC before) and just put the uae4all.pnd + necessary dirs (empty) on it. Does that work?

Before doing that, I tried on a different sd card to reinstall UAE4ALL and it works... maybe it is a card problem as you indicated. I'll try to reformat the other card.

Or do what itami did: just copy the new uae4all-data from the 2nd to your 1st sd-card...

Back