Release Vice C64 Emulator 2.3.23

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=vice.pickle

Its been in the repo for a little while but i think the current version should be pretty much finalized.

The build is pretty much stock code but there are a few enhancments worth mentioning.

Uses HW SDL using the Vsync, Double Buffering, and Aspect scaling.

Runs at 320x200 but with the HW scaling is fills the screen up nicely.

The configuration is also at optimal settings so it should run at a decent speed from the start.

Most of the other emulator variants are included too.

Works perfect :) Thanks a lot. Finally smoooooth scrolling :D

Be sure to delete the old config-directory (hidden in /appdata/vice/.vice) to use the new config :)

Hey Pickle, may I get little off topic now.

It's the best way to reach you I think :D .

I love Super Mario War and Mr.EvilDragon told me you ported it. As it's not in the repo could you please upload it for those who don't have the PND already?

It's a great multiplayer game to show to new customers and to play with friends.

I'm still a fan of your Hurrican port :lol: and Super Mario War would be great to have in the repo, too.

Works perfect :) Thanks a lot. Finally smoooooth scrolling :D

Be sure to delete the old config-directory (hidden in /appdata/vice/.vice) to use the new config :)

Ah thanks for that reminder for those that have the old versions.

ED, one thing i wasnt sure yet is if refresh rate resets back to 60 hz or not. How does that work?

Askarus, there are number of things i didnt bring over from the archives to repo as I needed to update the pxml and basically refresh the pnd. Ill try to put togther an updated SMW.

Ah thanks for that reminder for those that have the old versions.

ED, one thing i wasnt sure yet is if refresh rate resets back to 60 hz or not. How does that work?

Set it back after running x64 (or the other binaries) with the script using value 60.

Another thing I found in Vice: I can't enter numbers in the configuration screen (sound buffer).

Haven't tried in C64 emulation mode, should the keyboard fully work? :)

Askarus, there are number of things i didnt bring over from the archives to repo as I needed to update the pxml and basically refresh the pnd. Ill try to put togther an updated SMW.

Be careful with SMW:

It seems our version crashes often.

The crashes seem to be related to different levels and I removed quite a lot of levels (not all though) that crashed, so either use a newer version (you used the Aprils Fools Edition) or use the levelsets from the PND.

New sourcecode:

https://supermariowar.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

I can`t find it.. but is there anyway to save the location of the .d64`s ? other than putting them in the appdata dir..

oh.. .vice directory maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can`t find it.. but is there anyway to save the location of the .d64`s ? other than putting them in the appdata dir..

oh.. .vice directory maybe?

Not sure, but it might save the current path as well if you save the settings.

Set it back after running x64 (or the other binaries) with the script using value 60.

Another thing I found in Vice: I can't enter numbers in the configuration screen (sound buffer).

Haven't tried in C64 emulation mode, should the keyboard fully work? :)

Ok ill have to add that at the end, I wasnt sure if the run_pnd would default it back to 60 anyways.

I also noticed the number keys when i tried change the resolution. I wonder if its a missing key mapping

I also was looking for a way to save to the path in the config, I have not seen anything yet.

I had this problem with notaz sdl while using the scaler, too. i thought he had fixed it by now, but maybe not.

It worked on the first version of Vice, and that was still using normal SDL.

So yeah, could be a bug in notaz' SDL.

pickle: Are you using the latest version (you can use the version included in the latest OS).

If you are using the omap scaling, you are using notaz sdl, which is in the image. These problems only seem to occur, if you use the omapfeatures though.

Edit: Notaz sdl is included in the firmware since hf6 afaik.

Edit2: Iirc, there was a problem with scancodes not being returned correctly or at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are using the omap scaling, you are using notaz sdl, which is in the image. These problems only seem to occur, if you use the omapfeatures though.

Edit: Notaz sdl is included in the firmware since hf6 afaik.

Of course thats why its not included in the pnd as i expect every user should be using a failrly recent image.

Thank you, Pickle :) I agree with the poster above, remembering the paths would make this to absolute greatness :)

It does not so on the previous version :) got to try out this one tonight :) :) :)

Thanks again for your work.

Not pulled it yet .. does it include vic20 and the other VICE variations?

Hoping so :)

(Vic-20 and PET > C64 ;)

jeff

Back