Uae4allgp2x 0.6.3

I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting Brutal Sports Football to work? It seems to run great but doesn't seem to recognize disk 2 in either drive. Maybe it's my adfs? The filenames are BRUTAL_SPORTS_FOOTBALL_DISK1 and 2

Also in Pinball Dreams most of the colors seem to be replaced by black which makes the game look strangely dark.
I can reproduce both those issues. I don't think it's the fact that it can't recognize disk 2, just that it hangs after reading some of it. Interesting... the second issue (black where it shouldn't be) sounds like it might be due to the same reason that Dungeon Master's cursor is black now.

elvgren: was Dungeon Master's cursor black prior to 0.6.4? Did it show properly from 0.6.0 onwards at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tried version 0.6.3 with a 3.1 rom and it seems to work, but when I tried to overyclock it froze there on a blackscreen (maybe my GP2X cant overclock that well?).

I was wondering am I better with a older kickstart rom such as 1.3, 2.0?

And also which speed should be better to run this new version of UAE?

Thanks

I've added disk writing support, as I've now been able to test it a bit (using workbench). Chui's code was already there, but there were a few things I wanted to investigate and fix before release.

Version 0.6.4 is now available with this change:

http://criticalhippo.googlepages.com/uae4allgp2x

Auto save is ON by default. This means that if a program writes to disk, its changes will be saved in a file in the new "saves" directory that should be rooted in the same directory as the uae4all.gpe file.

I've also changed the default sound option to be ON now.

I'm looking to move the settings to be persistable, and hope to do that when key mapping is complete.

TomVS: I'd appreciate it if you could try this new version to see if it saves in WINGS for you.

Note that this new version does not feature 'save states', which are a completely different thing.

I can confirm Wings, Rogue-The Adventure Game and Project-X all save and load correctly :D

Tried Impossible Mission II but you can't save on this as you have to press 2 keys at the same time and the same goes for the save without exit cheat on Wings (this requires 2 keys and a mouse button IIRC) :(

Not sure why but the latest version has randomly hung on a black screen on 3 occasions which locked up the gp2x?

Nice work Chui & Critical (Saves = Donation's :))

PS. Save States is for cheats (but would be nice too) :lol:

Need to PM you about something too

I know this topic is rather old but I started to gain interest again in this amiga emu...
I just bought Colonization from Ebay and started playing...

Just one thing keeps me getting into trouble SAVING... (to disk)
Colonization is barely playable on the gp2X but because it can be entirely mouse driven, I decided to give it a try... I tried and tried but I am still not able to save...
I tried WINGS and Gunship and managed to save...
It seems that disk swapping gets in the way... I even ended up with a few corrupted game disk. I know the emulator saves to a file in the SAVES directory so a adf file can not really become corrupted...

Deleting the files in the SAVES directory makes things right but... I cannot manage to save... After repowering the gp2X I lose my games...

Has anyone a clear view how to do things correctly?

TomVS said:
I know this topic is rather old but I started to gain interest again in this amiga emu...
I just bought Colonization from Ebay and started playing...

Just one thing keeps me getting into trouble SAVING... (to disk)
Colonization is barely playable on the gp2X but because it can be entirely mouse driven, I decided to give it a try... I tried and tried but I am still not able to save...
I tried WINGS and Gunship and managed to save...
It seems that disk swapping gets in the way... I even ended up with a few corrupted game disk. I know the emulator saves to a file in the SAVES directory so a adf file can not really become corrupted...

Deleting the files in the SAVES directory makes things right but... I cannot manage to save... After repowering the gp2X I lose my games...

Has anyone a clear view how to do things correctly?
It's probably a bug in saving the disk state when swapping disks, as you say. It's likely that what happens is that the differences from one disk are being written to another. I'll look at the code at lunchtime and let you know for sure.

Strange things happen... I tried to save in GUNSHIP a game that I know worked before and also there no saves after restart... I exit the game properly and exit the emulator properly... Somehow things go wrong...

I will do some more testing today... by cleaning the SAVES directory ... I will let you know what I find out...

AAaargh nothing saves anymore... Tried WINGS... no save after exit... Cleaned the SAVES directory... started over.... no success... it seems that something has gone wrong...

I will try a complete new install of the emulator and will try to post my findings

Clean install did the trick... WINGS saves again... Will try more testing...

Maybe I am not allowed to mess with the SAVES directory...

TomVS said:
Clean install did the trick... WINGS saves again... Will try more testing...

Maybe I am not allowed to mess with the SAVES directory...
I wonder whether you changed access permissions on it or something...

After some testing I was not able to find logic in the emulator´s save behaviour. The game WINGS saves, GUNSHIP does not, colonization does not...

They attemp to save I guess because files are created in the SAVES directory...

I return to my laptop to play my "new" game colonization because the emulator on the gp2x loses my saves...

Don´t get me wrong uae4gp2x is a great emulator and I hope there will be progress in the future, I hope my info will be of some use....

Hello, I don't find wich kickstart.rom is to use.

I've so many of them, and it doesn't work :(

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance :)

Mick4U said:
Hello, I don't find wich kickstart.rom is to use.

I've so many of them, and it doesn't work :(

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance :)

Mick4U, This thread is over TWO years old. If you need any help, Please either consider doing a search of the forums,
To see if your question has been asked before, Or Start a new topic.

Just a gentle reminder.

Please do not think of asking for any locations or links of where to obtain any Amiga rom files, As they are copyright material, And asking for such is against the rules on these forums.

Thanks.

HINT: The correct rom file you need, Is the "A500 1.3 (512k) over-dumped" rom.

Trooper

Back