Uae4allgp2x 0.8.0 Beta By Noldor

noldor73

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
This is a new (I think "unofficial") version for the Uae4allgp2x.
New 0.8.0 beta version based on 0.7.2a sources (Notaz release)

Changes/Bug fixes/Updates

- now it's possible to put uae folder in any directory (before uae4all crashed further the third subdirectory)
- no more problems with long name file and no limit for number of files in the rom folder
- changed browse system file for the roms dir: now it's quick with plenty of rom files too. Besides Up/Down (keeping pushed to move on), there are Left/RIght to jump 16 files and L/R shoulder to jump 32 files
- improved user GUI code (W.I.P.) and reduced menu font (thanks to Eraso)
- improved mouse speed
- improved user GUI navigation (buttons repeat)
- added "Save General configuration" and "Save configuration for current game"
- added "Save Script for current game": it makes a script file to launch a specific game directly (using GMenu2X or default GP2X menu). If it used during emulation (having enabled it in the "More Options" menu), it makes automatically an icon taking a screenshot from the current game (32x32 px)
- added Eject option for all drives
- added X button to go back to the main menu (such as START/HOME)
- added everything new option for the command line
- now emulator remembers last selected device input (mouse, joystick, or keyboard). For more comfort, default device is mouse.
- default games navigation folder is now "roms"
- compiled with "profiling" option (thanks to notaz: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...ling&st=15)
[cut]
- added new menu "More Options" with the following settings:
- Video Mode (moved from main menu): to choose between PAL and NTSC video mode (it needs to reset the emulation)
- Autosave (moved from main menu): it allows in-game saves
- Status ln (moved from main mnu): shows fps and drives status
- Memory Chip Size: it's possible to choose between 512KB and 1MB RAM chip (it needs to reset the emulation)
- Number of drives: it's possible to choose from 1 up to 4 drives. It needs to reset emulation to take effect. IMPORTANT! To insert adf disks into each drive (in Filemanager section), the buttons are: B for DF0:, Y for DF1:, A for DF2:, X for DF3:
- Use Autofire: helpful in some shooter. If it's enabled, you can switch on/off during emulation with Y or stick click
- Enable Screenshot: when enabled, it's possibile take a screenshot with Y (it works only if joystick device is selected). Images are saved with progressive name (shot0.png, shot1.png, etc.) in "screenshots" folder (png format)
- Enable scripts: when enabled, you can make a script file during emulation pushing Y (it works only if joystick device is selected)
- Skip intro: when enabled, skip the uae4all splash screen
- Kickstart: you can choose between 1.3, 2.0 and 3.1 kickstart version. To take effect it needs to reset the emulation. Moreover, the kickstart roms must be put into "kickstarts" dir and called "kick13.rom", "kick20.rom", "kick31.rom". If there aren't during the uae boot, the emulator will search "kick.rom" in the main folder
- Enable HW scaling: it's useful to be visibile the whole screen for some games such as Project X, T-Racer, All Terrain Racing, Tearaway Thomas, GemX, Benefactor, etc.
- Joystick config: besides the standard controls, it's possibile to use X for UP direction and B to fire (and viceversa)

It is in beta state but seems stable :) (tested on F100 and F200)
I need feedback to debug it (I'm a sort of C newbie :) ).
Noldor (elfonol[at]gmail.com)
Executable: http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,5,2416
Source: http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,46,2417]

More to come...
[/cut]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, what a bunch of new things :D !

Some speed improvement?

Thank you for the work :)

Funny to think how people were commenting how things had slowed down recently on gp2x developments..
We all thought it was an unnatural lull - now followed by many highs :)

kevcal said:
Funny to think how people were commenting how things had slowed down recently on gp2x developments.
I think people were waiting for F200. Bring it on!

First Picodrive and FCE Ultra get updated. Then Pocketsnes gets a nice update. Now my favorite Amiga emu gets an update. This is very nice indeed. I will try this out and post any bugs. Thanks for your work on this very nice Amiga emu.

namco said:
Another great update! :)

Is it possible if someone could add usb joystick functionality. I would do myself but I couldn't work out the usb joystick functions to insert it into the emu :(
It is on my todo list :)

Well it looks very promising but i cant seem to get it to load anything. Not doing anything different from last release.

So we have a new uae4all maintainer. uae4all was surely in need of some more polishing.
Not sure why you bumped the version so much just for GUI changes, but I guess it's up to you to decide.
Good luck!

coevin said:
Well it looks very promising but i cant seem to get it to load anything. Not doing anything different from last release.
Do you get at least the kickstart screen?
If not, check this:

(...)
the kickstart roms must be put into "kickstarts" dir and called "kick13.rom", "kick20.rom", "kick31.rom". If there aren't during the uae boot, the emulator will search "kick.rom" in the main folder

yeah ive done that and it comes with the screen of the guy holding the disk. But when i select a game the green disk light goes to 1 but stays on the disk screen. My games are fine as i have been playing them with the previous version.

notaz said:
So we have a new uae4all maintainer. uae4all was surely in need of some more polishing.
Not sure why you bumped the version so much just for GUI changes, but I guess it's up to you to decide.
Good luck!
I have asked about version number to Critical: no problem about this:)
It is not only some GUI changes: autofire, hwscaling, kickstart, keys mapping, drives and memory management... some features have been requested by many people over time :)
But I can change number version, it is not a problem for me :)
(sorry for my bad english... I'm an italian guy :) )

Great. Are we going to see savestate support in the future? Would be very nice.

was working on different virtual keyboard graphic a while ago, and received word that others had as well. is this something anyone would be interested in (especially noldor73)? if so i can finish it up. just putting it out there, hope i'm not imposing by making a public post, since it's obviously not my project :)

uae_vkbd.png

b_o_b said:
I'm working on it... but I'm some problems with cpu restoring state. (I'm not a guru programmer, I'm simple an Amiga fan :D )

noldor73 said:
b_o_b said:
I'm working on it... but I'm some problems with cpu restoring state. (I'm not a guru programmer, I'm simple an Amiga fan :D )

If you want to save Cyclone's state, use these functions:
CODE

// Functions for saving and restoring state.
// CycloneUnpack() uses checkpc(), so it must be initialized.
// save_buffer must point to buffer of 128 (0x80) bytes of size.
void CyclonePack(const struct Cyclone *pcy, void *save_buffer);
void CycloneUnpack(struct Cyclone *pcy, const void *save_buffer);

Feel free to ask if you have any questions about Cyclone core.

ok i apologise as these are probably really dumb questions.
1) is it possible to set up a multi disk game in all the drives to reduce the need of swapping?
2) What does the auto saving function do? Can i save mid game?
Cheers

Back