Uae4all Gp2x 0.6.0 First Release With Integrated Fame/c

Jaylink said:
Hi ^^

I'm playing this game so now and then ^^

Here a little Video of Superfrog on my Gp2X
I used the Paradox version.

http://www.jaylink.nl/GP2X/Superfrog_Amiga__Gp2x.avi

Enjoy, hope you get it working

Unfortunately I can't get the Paradox version ,as it requires me to either install some Windows software (I use Linux) or use the 2 links that are out of date & no longer seem to work :(

Cheers for the video though. It's fantastic to see it running so well on a 2x & it's great to hear the music again :D

I'll just have to keep looking for a version that works I guess..

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried a couple of games with 0.6.4 @ 225Mhz using uae4all - tweak

Alien Breed 2 works fine - graphics are rubbish via the cutscene bits but general game gfx are fine

Wing Commander (german version that I downloaded) works but a bit slow

Nebulus - works wonderfully, a few noticable slowdowns here and there but nothing that hampers gameplay

I noticed there was a tweak file included i even change the clock speed in the script. But i would like to know if this tweak is ruining automatically or if you have to enable it.
Thanks

More game tests with UAE4ALL - tweak 0.6.4 set at 225Mhz oh and using kick 3.1

Alien Breed 3D (yes that's what I said! :p ) - thought I'd put it on and see what happens, well it boots but then I get a message saying "Not enough memory available"...oh well, was worth a try, eh? ;)

Blues Brothers - works but a bit choppy

Double Dragon 3 - works wonderfully, although you must use button B for attacking. Button X works too but will spawn player 2.

Double Dragon - works wonderfully not sluggish at all (unlike uae ver 0.2.5)

Dune - seems to run ok but I don't know if the disk version had voices, if it did then the voices didn't play but music and gfx are fine.

Epic - won't load

Leisure Suit Larry 3 - Don't know if this can be played in ScummVM but works ok otherwise

Leisure Suit Larry 5 - works ok, takes a while to load

Syndicate - freezes and won't load

Test drive - get the red "led" flashing can't remember what that means!

Shadow of the beast - still has gfx glitches in intro, seems to run fine in game, but beast sprite flickers a bit.

DreamWeb - seems to work ok

Nebulus 2 - software failure??: intro. program failed. wait for disk activity to finish. (help here anyone??)

Walker - cutscene - fine, menu screen - gfx not fully there (can just about make it out), main game - WORKS!!! YAY!!

Zool 2 - doesn't work

Hope this helps anyone.

namco said:
Hope this helps anyone.

I really doubt it would, unless you are going to state what settings you used (CPU slider/sound etc..) and which version of the adf (cracked/trained by) you used, the information above is all completely useless.

namco said:
Alien Breed 3D (yes that's what I said! :p ) - thought I'd put it on and see what happens, well it boots but then I get a message saying "Not enough memory available"...oh well, was worth a try, eh? ;)
This uses AGA and 2MB Ram so there was no way this was going to work

Epic - won't load

Didnt work on 1200. Have to use kick1.3

Nebulus 2 - software failure??: intro. program failed. wait for disk activity to finish. (help here anyone??)

Probably a kick problem. Again try kick1.3 for this. The error means that it has crashed while loading the file "intro"

Walker - cutscene - fine, menu screen - gfx not fully there (can just about make it out), main game - WORKS!!! YAY!!

I think the menu screen error was an error with kick 3 and it should work with a lower kickstart. Main game may work but surely it will be impossible to play as you need to move with joystick and shoot with mouse

How do you use the tweak thing? It always crashes my GP2X

How do you use the tweak thing? It always crashes my GP2X

Really?? well I'm still using FW 2.0 if that's any use. I just put it on and it loads like uae4all

Got nebulus 2 to work on 1.3 but, with it being cracked by Skid Row, I can't work out how to get past the "press f1 to play game screen" I press f1 and nothing happens.

I load it, initially, with Neb2Prog.adf what disk do I need to load the program and where do I put it (if anyone knows?)?

Yeah, quite a few games work better with 1.3 than with 3.1, like Double Dragon 2 and Switchblade (which I also got working!) - this is why I now have two folders of uae, one with 1.3 and the other with 3.1.

Main game may work but surely it will be impossible to play as you need to move with joystick and shoot with mouse

It's not too bad to switch between joystick and mouse, yeah a bit fiddly but not too bad (well for me anyway)

The nebulus 2 probem seems to be a problem with the emulator. I tried it on winuae and it works fine. On the GP2X version as you said it does nothing when you press f1.

You could try getting a workbench 1.3 disk and seeing if you can load it through that.

I got the tweak working. Turns out I needed to lower the clock.

Back