Uae4all Gp2x 0.7.0

GnoStiC said:
that's an interesting idea.. it will change pal/ntsc timings and vsync time (it'll run %20? faster) but it'll surely give speed increase (200 lines vs 256 lines)..

instead of changing the defines, it's better to clear beamcon0 (bit5) to make uae think it's running on as ntsc..

damn.. i can't wait to try this out to see the result, thanks :D

Well man i can test it in a few games for u. If u send the test(s) to me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@jimmyslam: i tested with pspuae :}
and i can confirm that it runs faster..

but it's not so suitable for psp (320*256 fits in 480*272)
when i've set it to NTSC, every game i've tested worked fine.. but some demos were cropped at 200th line.. adding a menu option will do the trick..

but for gp2x, as it just have a 320*240 display anyway, i assume it will work fine..

Notaz -- Project X crashes the emulator every version so I wont bother putting the tosec name. It happens randomly but usually in the first few mins of the game starting.

notaz said:
JimmySlam said:
We just need to put the sound an octave higher and it will be near to be VERY VERY GOOD. AT the moment is *just* ;) VERY GOOD.
After that I will move to other projects, uae4all code is a mess, it no longer interests me, sorry.

And then the world will collapse and all amiga fans will die slowly............... :(

Rivroner said:
notaz said:
JimmySlam said:
We just need to put the sound an octave higher and it will be near to be VERY VERY GOOD. AT the moment is *just* ;) VERY GOOD.
After that I will move to other projects, uae4all code is a mess, it no longer interests me, sorry.

And then the world will collapse and all amiga fans will die slowly............... :(

No man, it gives me motivation to work on it :) But i dont have a clue what to do xD.

Or how to compile it!

But we always have people like gnostic or uncanny. That works **secretly** on projects :)

great giana sisters red sector version works now for me if I switch off sound until the title demo starts, then I switch sound on and the game works perfectly, that's good fun, however, I prefer somehow the c64 version

I uploaded some videos:

Crazy Cars III
Turrican 2
Xenon II

foleyjo said:
Notaz -- Project X crashes the emulator every version so I wont bother putting the tosec name. It happens randomly but usually in the first few mins of the game starting.
This game uses trace mode, Cyclone is missing that (never thought any game will use it). Will take several days to implement.

euro48k said:
closing project with 0.7.1 then moving to something else ?

offtopic ..i know

Well he will decide when the moment comes. Some people donest like to plan too much. At the moment he is happy making us happy with UAE :p :)

This is a brilliant emulator, I think this is the first time portable Amiga emulation has been truly playable on a wide series of games.

Amazing, if more people knew about this I think gp2x sales would shoot up.

YEah man :)

When i bought it it was because of this emulator.;)

I discovered others but this and the MSX is what i realled always wanted.

now that we have cradle, and good emus we need to compile the srcs to have compatibility with the nice usb stuff (keyoard,mouse,joypad) that will make GP2X GOD.

craigix said:
This is a brilliant emulator, I think this is the first time portable Amiga emulation has been truly playable on a wide series of games.

Amazing, if more people knew about this I think gp2x sales would shoot up.
I agree with you that a portable Amiga emu is the best thing that can happen, but I am not sure whether many potential gp2x coustomers think like we do. I guess they would prefer perfect snes or gba emulation.

Bigg ThnX again Notaz, I Realy love the new version, so many games work and runs good.

I Donated 25 Euro's for You, Trough Ed. his PayPal Account :)

nice one DARKGATE :)

there is another in the spanish scene but is not as complete as that one at the moment :)

maybe we should gather all of them after next version.

Jaylink said:
I Donated 25 Euro's for You, Trough Ed. his PayPal Account :)
Thanks!

I've added NTSC mode (as discussed above) yesterday, it makes the music faster and the drawing area smaller. But that works slower then PAL in my implementation for some reason. Now I'm implementing the trace mode in Cyclone, needed for some games as they appeared to use it to hide their code from crackers.

notaz said:
Now I'm implementing the trace mode in Cyclone, needed for some games as they appeared to use it to hide their code from hackers.

Well that was a waste of there time. I dont know anygame for the Amiga that wasnt hacked.

So in theory could adding this into cyclone could a whole load more games that didnt work suddenly start working (in mame as well as uae)

Even if it just makes project X work that would be great because its one of the must hava amiga games.

It may have ended up a waste of time but read how it works then read the interview linked from that article with Rob Northen, facinating stuff.

I don't know if this was like it in version 0.6.4 but Lemmings is full speed at 240mhz! This is my favorite emulator! Great job, everyone.

Back