Uae4allgp2x 0.8.0 Beta By Noldor

Hey noldor73,

Thank you so much for your work on this great emu! Gonna try it out soon :D
Do you think it would be complicated to add a menu button to swap game ports? Metal Masters requires the player 1 joystick to be in port 0 (the mouse port), and because of that the game is unplayable :( . I think there are also other games that need the joystick in port 0 rather than port 1.
Anyway, thanks again man!

namco said:
pft! I have 2 Amiga 1200's :p
pffft
3 1200's one with 60b harddrive and 060 turbo board running os3.9
2 a500
1 a500+
1 a600
1 cd32
and 1 cdtv

plus 1 c64 1 c16 and 1 vic20

pus 1 commodore calculator

can anyone guess what im a collector of

Last edited by a moderator:
retroDude said:
Hey noldor73,

Do you think it would be complicated to add a menu button to swap game ports? Metal Masters requires the player 1 joystick to be in port 0 (the mouse port), and because of that the game is unplayable :( . I think there are also other games that need the joystick in port 0 rather than port 1.
I can try to implement swap ports. Anyway I will work on the emu after christmas holidays ;)

Excellent update!

I particularily like the options that've been added to the interface, especially the seperate configs for each game! \o/

However... I noticed that my copies of Turrican I & II no longer run, probably because Factor 5 released them as rather large ADF files to prevent anyone copying them off to floppy disk.

Just thought you should know.

Now, someone jazzing up the (very similarly-interfaced) DCastaway emulator in the same way as this would make my GP2X-owning life complete! :D

Retroid said:
Now, someone jazzing up the (very similarly-interfaced) DCastaway emulator in the same way as this would make my GP2X-owning life complete! :D
haven't you tried OutcaST? is a CaSTaway port for gp2x http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/OutcaST and it runs very well too

btw there's a not complete but huge compatibility list here http://forum.smokinglinux.com/sezione-amig...ochi-t1102.html
(the thread is in italian, scroll down to FUNZIONANTI to see the games with their relative uae4all compatible versions)

GRAZIE NOLDOR!!!

Is there a recommended kickstart 3.1 rom? One I tried goes to a black screen and doesn't do anything. Another one I tried locks up the GP2X.

noldor73 said:
b_o_b said:
Great. Are we going to see savestate support in the future? Would be very nice.
I'm working on it... but I'm some problems with cpu restoring state. (I'm not a guru programmer, I'm simple an Amiga fan :D )

Good to see you working on it. OutcaST might have some competition after all :)

Well. This refuses to load any ROMs on my F200. Placed the kickstart ROM in the correct place, try to load an ADF and the thing just comes up with the hand holding the disc. I've tried the other versions and they work fine. Any ideas?

noldor73 said:
retroDude said:
Hey noldor73,

I can try to implement swap ports. Anyway I will work on the emu after christmas holidays ;)

yes thanks..this is awesome.. more than any other update i was hoping for keymaps, as many rpg games that i enjoy are just too reliant on keyboard to be playable..is this feasible?
thanks!

I finally got some time to try this and I am blown away. Thank you so much for the extra options, the button mapping, disabling extra ram and external drives particularly. :)

If you do get savestates sorted that would be fantastic, touchscreen implementation would also be very cool.

Merry Christmas :)

Nice update, well done!

Ive noticed when using Control config 1 or 2 (instead of standard, 0) which maps "up" to a "jump" button, the stick diagonals; up-left and up-right no longer work.

Just a note for those who forget they have button mapping on (like me) and wonder why Chaos Engine or other 8-way scrollers dont work right.

;o)

Is there any way to insert "floppies" into both DF0 and DF1 and have the game read them as if you have two drives attached? I know it allows multiple drives but I don't know how to specify which disk goes where.
I also noticed that the eject all disks doesn't seem to work sometimes. I get weird results. If I put in a game and try to run it sometimes it won't work. Then I will "eject" and put in another game and try to run that but instead it will run the game that didn't work before that I ejected :blink: I am sure I am doing something wrong but it is not apparent or intuitive. Maybe there could be some kind of screen that tells the current disk image and which drive it is in.

I would like to compile this source, what do I need to compile this... Im on XP? Thanks for the help.

DaveC said:
Is there any way to insert "floppies" into both DF0 and DF1 and have the game read them as if you have two drives attached? I know it allows multiple drives but I don't know how to specify which disk goes where.
From the readme:

- Number of drives: it's possible to choose from 1 up to 4 drives. It needs to reset emulation to take effect. IMPORTANT! To insert adf disks into each drive (in Filemanager section), the buttons are:
B for DF0:, Y for DF1:, A for DF2:, X for DF3:

DaveC said:
I also noticed that the eject all disks doesn't seem to work sometimes. I get weird results. If I put in a game and try to run it sometimes it won't work. Then I will "eject" and put in another game and try to run that but instead it will run the game that didn't work before that I ejected :blink: I am sure I am doing something wrong but it is not apparent or intuitive.
You need to reset the emulation when you decide to insert a new game. If it wasnt like that everytime you inserted the next disk for games without multiple drive support it would reset the emulation.

DaveC said:
Maybe there could be some kind of screen that tells the current disk image and which drive it is in.
Would be nice if the file manager placed a little df0:, df1: etc over the file name.

Hmm, there should be some sort of on-screen text that indicates all of this in the GUI. It is only a few lines of text on a screen. If you don't use this for awhile it is not always easy to remember.

Iorgy77 said:
Would be nice if the file manager placed a little df0:, df1: etc over the file name.
Yes, will be added soon (I'm away for holyday) with a fix (the final? :°°°D)for the eject too :)

Do you think savestates will be part of the new version? Or haven't you figured out how to get them implemented yet.

noldor73 said:
Iorgy77 said:
Yes, will be added soon (I'm away for holyday) with a fix (the final? :°°°D)for the eject too :)

Cool, please don't forget the d-pad direction bug though, that needs fixing for F200 users and d-pad modded F100 users.

Back