Uae4allgp2x 0.8.0 Beta By Noldor

DaveC said:
noldor73 said:
Iorgy77 said:
Would be nice if the file manager placed a little df0:, df1: etc over the file name.
Yes, will be added soon (I'm away for holyday) with a fix (the final? :°°°D)for the eject too :)

Cool, please don't forget the d-pad direction bug though, that needs fixing for F200 users.

On the F200 the left mouse button 'button', ejects the disk... which is not ideal. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC said:
Cool, please don't forget the d-pad direction bug though, that needs fixing for F200 users and d-pad modded F100 users.
The diagonal directions (upleft and upright) are disabled when you select joystick config 1 or 2 (because the note "diagonals problem" with the F100 :) )... in the next version only for F200 will be enabled.
I also fixed the eject problem and added zip support (with gzip support too).

NickLoTurco said:
Where could one find this latest fixed release?!
It is not yet released. :rolleyes:

I'm also looking forward to it. Thanks in advance. :D

Could you also please fix the weird bug that makes some of the colors in Pinball Dreams / Fantasies appear totally black?

Tootai said:
Could you also please fix the weird bug that makes some of the colors in Pinball Dreams / Fantasies appear totally black?
thats probably ham mode still not being supported

I doubt it's in HAM mode, HAM has notoriously bad flicker and these games have none of it. There shouldn't be any reason to use HAM for these games as they do not appear to utilize the 4096 colors supported by HAM.

Tootai said:
I doubt it's in HAM mode, HAM has notoriously bad flicker and these games have none of it. There shouldn't be any reason to use HAM for these games as they do not appear to utilize the 4096 colors supported by HAM.
They does not use ham but I think extra half brite mode(6 bitplanes, 5 bits for color + 1 bit for half luminance). I'm not expert to fix this but I will take a look in recent uae versions :)

Yeah I also ment EHB mode as well as HAM but I couldnt remember what it was I kept thinking ECS but thats not right at all. IThey were supported in an earlier version.

As the games have full 32 colours then its most definatly EHB that is missing

Tootai said:
HAM has no flicker. I think you are thinking of interlace mode. HAM just has a limitation of how many color values you can change from one pixel to the next horizontally.

Anyone have any luck getting Populous to work again on this emulator? I have a feeling that it stopped working at Version 7.0

What happened after 7.0 that made a few games no longer work? Any way of remedying this in the next version?

Thanks!

Mac

Just to add to the 'who has the biggest Amiga' debate, I'd just like to add that I have two A4000s - one with a Cyberstorm MkII '060, 128mb RAM, Picasso IV and 17gb HDD and the other is a stock '040 with a 3.8gb HDD.

DaveC said:
I vote for touchscreen support for both the VKeyboard AND the mouse too. Using the Touchscreen, you could use the screen for mouse control and the D-pad for the game controller like a real Amiga, no need to switch back and forth. Using the Keyboard with the d-pad is tedious as well, it would be much better with the touchscreen.
Yes, touchscreen support please! I would love to play Universe with the stick :)

trainchaser said:
DaveC said:
I vote for touchscreen support for both the VKeyboard AND the mouse too. Using the Touchscreen, you could use the screen for mouse control and the D-pad for the game controller like a real Amiga, no need to switch back and forth. Using the Keyboard with the d-pad is tedious as well, it would be much better with the touchscreen.
Yes, touchscreen support please! I would love to play Universe with the stick :)

im curious if this emulator is still being worked on? if so, what are some of the new addiitions? thanks.

I can't run Defender of the Crown. Can anybody please tell me what version of the ROMs does he use? I can't launch it :(

Hi nolder just curious whether this is still being worked on. Its another emulator that is crying out for usb pad support please make it happen.

coevin said:
Hi nolder just curious whether this is still being worked on. Its another emulator that is crying out for usb pad support please make it happen.
Noldor posted a while back saying he had stopped working on this emulator. I hope he changed his mind.

foleyjo said:
coevin said:
Noldor posted a while back saying he had stopped working on this emulator. I hope he changed his mind.

I never said this ^__^.
Anyway I have no much time to test it and so this is a quick recompiling (no profiling optimization made... so the gpe is a little bit slow) with this changes:
1) Support zipped archives
2) Fix dpad F200 problems
3) Preliminary Usb support (partially in the menù but near complete in-game support)... it is in test state ;)
3) Kickstart check (an error will appear if kickstart is not overdumped)
4) some other fixes
The emu main dir need to be in the root path of SD (due to an unresolved bug)

Consider this like a very unstable beta and "quick"(the archive contain only the compiled gpe) version :)
Please, test it :)
http://web.tiscali.it/noldor/uae4all8.0.1Q...mpilingBeta.zip

Back