Uae4all Gp2x 0.7.0

Henrik Erlandsson said:
Can it use my normal kick 1.2 image, or does it have to be overloaded? The docs in the zip seems to be for some multiplatform version supporting harddisks etc.

A quick google didn't find docs for the gp2x version. If there are no up to date docs, I volunteer to write them (the best would be a html version and a compact version that can be viewed from UAE4all itself, I think).
There's a wiki (link in my sig) that has reasonably up-to-date information.

You need overdumped kickstart roms, but I think you can get away with just copying the contents of your existing one twice (appending it to itself, essentially). You cannot use the encrypted ROMs that come with Amiga Forever, but apart from that, it should work.

Proper documentation could well be in the next release.

Last edited by a moderator:
JimmySlam said:
Hi Guys!
Any news?
I've got trace mode working, but Project X still doesn't work. Replacing Cyclone with FAMEC fixes the problem, so I'm still trying to figure what's wrong.

chaos engineer said:
I hear that Agony works, but I tried it with all versions and it always crashed after the art and magic intro (not the title screen). Can someone help?
I have my version working. It's the crystal release "Agony (1992)(Psygnosis)[cr CSL](Disk 1 of 3)"
My settings I leave the slider all the way to the left on CPU. The disk read option i leave on normal. That's pretty much it. I always turn off my gp2x and restart it before I start another game. That can sometimes give me issues. I hope some of this information is helpful.

chaos engineer said:
I hear that Agony works, but I tried it with all versions and it always crashed after the art and magic intro (not the title screen). Can someone help?
I've just tried it and it is indeed a game with some issues, but I got it running.

This were my settings after a cold boot.

EMU bias CPU : first dot
frameskip 3 (don't think that's important but just in case)
sound on
sound rate 8k
GP2X overlock 240

First the hack screen (thunderloop productions version)
Exit
left mouse button => blue screen => psychosis screen => scrambled text.

I think the scrambled text is something like change disk, so selected disk 2

Entry screen with music, and after that a nice picture and you need to wait for a while.
And than the game begins.

I've noticed that with changing EMU bias CPU lots of games start to work. Compatibility is not bad :)

For Agony my setup is:

uae4all-tweak (edited to overclock to 250)
Emu Bias - far left
Mouse speed - 5x
Status ln - on

Everything else is at the default settings. Same Crystal crack of the game.

I selected ALL cheats ON in the trainer menu. After the game loads and the owl comes on screen, the sound gets pretty rough, so I hit Select and move the bias up one notch. That makes the sound right, but when the level is complete and it's loading the next level you need to go back out and move the bias back down. It doesn't crash, but it won't progress with loading, either - just watch the df0: progress; you can tell if it stalls.

It did, however, crash 3-4 times loading the last level (video and sound corrupted, then the machine locked, requiring a shut-down and restart) no matter what settings I used until I just level-skipped to it from the beginning; then it was playable to the end. That could be the trainer, though - I know they could be pretty unstable even on my real Amiga.

EDIT:

Or try 7.1 - it loads and plays with almost any setting you use
EXCEPT
Now I can't access the trainer menu - it goes from the Crystal crack screen directly to the game, bypassing the trainer. Strange.....

thank you all for helping me with agony, I will retry it tonight, at the moment I do not know what I did wrong, I did all the stuff you have described, but I will see, maybe with the 0.7.1 it will work for me as well.

Back