Release Starcraft

Never worked here, notaz also checked at the GamesCom. That's weird it worked for you...

Differences in starcraft versions between devices?

Last edited by a moderator:
would it be possible to use this work here for a proper PC port with widescreen resolutions or to help the existing ones?
Not really, as the code looks pretty much the same as x86 assembly, so it's not easier than making a loader/hack for the original game.
I've started 3 player games with all my Pandori and my 1ghz as the server without issues.
Hmm are you sure? It looked like broadcasts from server are not working, but if a server is started on PC, pandora(s) can join without problems.

Pretty sure i can, i will make a video tomorrow.

I've started 3 player games with all my Pandori and my 1ghz as the server without issues.
Hmm are you sure? It looked like broadcasts from server are not working, but if a server is started on PC, pandora(s) can join without problems.
I remember using starcraft multiplayer using pandora + PC connected by ethernet, and starting the server on one device or the other.

I have the first generation CD.

I modified the configuration file to get sound under Slackware, but I used default settings to test under Zaxxon.

Apart that, I've no idea...

would it be possible to use this work here for a proper PC port with widescreen resolutions or to help the existing ones?
Not really, as the code looks pretty much the same as x86 assembly, so it's not easier than making a loader/hack for the original game.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/tSZs32GUit0?feature=oembed

I've just tested it too over wifi and it indeed works. Had to disable wifi power saving to stop it massively losing UDP packets.

But yeah Linux-SWAT demonstrated me live that it didn't work over his USB network adapters. I couldn't spot any issues in network config, so I assumed something is broken in SC itself. Maybe those USB network sticks have some trouble with UDP, or something.

I also tested with direct USB network.

I'll try with a fresh install some day.

Would it be possible to start a game over ad-hoc wifi, so multiplayer Starcaft could happen anywhere?

Would it be possible to start a game over ad-hoc wifi, so multiplayer Starcaft could happen anywhere?
Possible, but the server couldn't use the internal wifi as I believe it lacks ad-hoc support.. maybe from a USB wifi dongle. 

Possible, but the server couldn't use the internal wifi as I believe it lacks ad-hoc support.. maybe from a USB wifi dongle.
Hmm... will have to look into that. Hopefully ad-hoc is something Pyra will support, so I can work on multiplayer between my Pandora and Pyra.

I had some fixes for that when I last touched the wifi driver and was able to network 2 pandoras over ad-hoc.

This is amazing, since my Pandora started to work I've found such new gems to play with and Starcraft is definitely one of em.

Single player looks to work fine for me, but everytime I want to start up multiplayer either original or Broodwar, it immediately crashes with a libscr_se_arm.exe error and I've been trying to figure out why it does that when other people can start up multiplayer.  Though I'm kinda a giant noob when it comes to debugging.

Can you help? And what do you need from me?

Thanks for the great release though, damn!

This is amazing, since my Pandora started to work I've found such new gems to play with and Starcraft is definitely one of em.

Single player looks to work fine for me, but everytime I want to start up multiplayer either original or Broodwar, it immediately crashes with a libscr_se_arm.exe error and I've been trying to figure out why it does that when other people can start up multiplayer.  Though I'm kinda a giant noob when it comes to debugging.

Can you help? And what do you need from me?

Thanks for the great release though, damn!
Just a little bit of questions, Which model Pandora do you have?, which version of the firmware are you running?  Also did you patch your version of Starcraft to the latest 1.16.1?

Back