Release Starcraft

I was talking about the root starcraft directory... the mpg files should be the way they are.

Thanks, still no luck.

Just to check,  does it matter how I try to launch the game.  (from start menu, StarCraft.exe etc)

CJ

I noticed recently that I have no sound under Slack.

It's probably the only .pnd which have that problem.

How can i debug that ? I looked around, even tweaked a bit .asoundrc .

Are you using OSS ?

I'm only asking for tips ^^.
Anything in the logs? Wine is using alsa.

You can also try setting WINEDEBUG=+dsound in the launch script, then it should log more.

Have just tried changing case from StarCraft.mpg to starcraft.mpg and also for starcraft.exe.  Still  no luck
Must be .mpq , not .mpg

Also make sure you have "hide file extensions" (or something like that) off, so that you get StarCraft.mpq and not StarCraft.mpq.exe (rightclick -> properties might show the real filename although I'm not sure, I haven't used windows for any of this).

Last edited by a moderator:
Also make sure you have "hide file extensions" (or something like that) off, so that you get StarCraft.mpq and not StarCraft.mpq.exe (rightclick -> properties might show the real filename although I'm not sure, I haven't used windows for any of this).
Excellent, that was it - Thanks notaz (for the help and for the port of course)

I never knew that Windows did that with file extentions

CJ

Here's the log with sound debug :

=======================================================================================
PND             : /pandora/menu/starcraft.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : //pandora/appdata/starcraft
APPDD_FSTYPE    : auto
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : run.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/starcraft"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="//pandora/appdata/starcraft=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/starcraft=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/starcraft"
[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( run.sh  ) ----------
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x4169f2b8,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:fbdev:X11DRV_fbdev_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 16 to 8
trace:dsound:DllMain (0x42e90000 1 (nil))
trace:dsound:DirectSoundCreate ((null),0x41585e94,(nil))
trace:dsound:IDirectSoundImpl_Create ({279afa83-4981-11ce-a521-0020af0be560}, 0x4169fcec)
trace:dsound:setup_dsound_options ds_hel_buflen = 65536
trace:dsound:setup_dsound_options ds_snd_queue_max = 10
trace:dsound:IUnknownImpl_QueryInterface (0x40a172c0,{279afa83-4981-11ce-a521-0020af0be560},0x4169fcec)
trace:dsound:IDirectSound8Impl_AddRef (0x40a172c0) refds=1
trace:dsound:IUnknownImpl_Release (0x40a172c0) ref=0
trace:dsound:IDirectSound8Impl_Initialize (0x40a172c0, (null))
trace:dsound:DirectSoundDevice_Initialize (0x40a172d8,(null))
trace:dsound:GetDeviceID (DSDEVID_DefaultPlayback,0x4169fc78)
trace:dsound:DirectSoundDevice_Create (0x4169fc8c)
trace:dsound:DSOUND_ReopenDevice (0x409cd5f8, 0)
warn:dsound:DSOUND_ReopenDevice Initialize failed: 8889000f
warn:dsound:DirectSoundDevice_Initialize DSOUND_ReopenDevice failed: 8889000f
trace:dsound:IDirectSound8Impl_Release (0x40a172c0) refds=0
trace:dsound:directsound_destroy (0x40a172c0) released
trace:dsound:DllMain (0x42e90000 0 0x1)
storm: DllMain 41130000 1 1
storm: ctors done
WinMain: ctors done
[sUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( run.sh  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
rmdir: failed to remove ‘/mnt/utmp/starcraft’: Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 3

@notaz I know someone already asked about Diablo II being 'ported' using something similar to StarCraft, to which you explained it is potentially possible but would be loads of work, much bigger game, more DLLs etc. However I didn't see in the thread any mention of the original Diablo; I wondered whether you have tried pushing Diablo through your tools? I believe it was released a little before StarCraft and I wondered whether it may be similar enough to have a chance of working?

Diablo has DRM (CD check), so cracked version would have to be used and I don't want to mess with that. Latest patches removed it from SC and made it DRM-free game, unfortunately they haven't done the same thing for Diablo.

If it is suficcient to mount an iso to pass the cdcheck, that could be done easily. Just put your iso in appdata and you're ready to go.

But if not and it has checks for physical mods to the cdstructure it will not be possible without removing the check.

Excellent, that was it - Thanks notaz (for the help and for the port of course)

I never knew that Windows did that with file extentions

CJ
its been that way for a while i think XP did it by default too... one of the first things i do is turn extensions on....

I know a lot of people have posted here, just wanted to give my gratitude, what an awesome piece of work, playing sc on openpandora almost feels like this is what starcraft was created for

Installation instructions are very straight forward and i got this to work with minimal effort... For people looking for the patch, just google brood war + patch + version, i think it's the first result

you can get cd iso from piratebay battle.net and mount it using deamon tools lite for windows, saves you having to search for cds (or if you lost or damaged one of them) and use your old sc cd key (i still have mine and it's genuine! i think?)

The rest is basically copy thing a from here to there and rename, copy other thing here, insert card into pandora, boot, select icon, hit enter

Expirience the feelings of awesome and wonder

When you have a valid cdkey you can just use the files from battle.net. You can register with your key there and download the whole game.

Please don't advertise illegal downloads and sources for them here!

On my old desctop PC, i have the normal Starcraft whitout Broadwar installed, and modded so i ditnt need a CD , whil this work on my cc Pandora ??

Then i have to rewire my Desctop so i can put the Starcraft Files on the Pandora..

I have purchased StarCraft + Broodwar a total of three times.

1) When it was released

2) years later after I had lost the original disks

3) a few years ago before the release of SC2, because I had given my discs to a girl I was sweet on (idiot).

=~. O =

Seems like my old Desctop works, but i cant find the File of Starcraft,

And i lost the Game Magazine whit the CD Key for the Star Craft CD..

This isnt that good..

EDIT: Ok, now it works..

I only have to load the patch and bring it than to the Pandora..

Play starcraft again after so many years certain reminds me how stupid the ai used to be. But, the game looks so good on pandora's small screen, my friends are very much impressed. Thank you so much Notaz. 

PS: to have diablo 2 on the go is always my dream, too bad it never happened. Wink, wink, cunningly wink. 

Maybe we should start a donation pot for notaz to port Diablo games to Pandora. I'll cut a $200 check if notaz say yes. Of course you have to own these games to use the port. I own both Diablo I & II.

Maybe we should start a donation pot for notaz to port Diablo games to Pandora. I'll cut a $200 check if notaz say yes. Of course you have to own these games to use the port. I own both Diablo I & II.
Don't think money is an issue, this type of porting is painstaking work. Notaz already addressed this many posts ago.

You don't suppose Diablo 2 could be.. done the same way? :eek:
Theoretically yes but in practice, I don't think I want to spend another 4-5 months on this.. Starcraft consists of main .exe and 3 main .dll files, that's ~1.5MB of x86 code in total. Try to look how many .dll files D2 has, every single one of them has to be converted.. On a brief look it's at least 3x as large as SC.

Back