Release Diablo

Discussion in 'Software Releases' started by notaz, Apr 12, 2015.

1. ekianjo

ekianjo Hardcore Member

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what does one have to do then when packaging PNDs from now on to avoid this issue ?

2. notaz

notaz Certified Guru

If you use the official script, you only need to run "chmod o+w <file that will be updated>" or "chmod -R o+w *", up to you.

3. ekianjo

ekianjo Hardcore Member

So, before packaging the PND, if I run the above comment, that will do the trick ? Even for FAT32 cards, or is that only valid for ext based systems?

4. notaz

notaz Certified Guru

I've only tested squashfs .pnd and FAT SD card, not sure about other combinations but I guess they should work.

5. ekianjo

ekianjo Hardcore Member

Thanks, very helpful, will give it a try next time I package :)

6. lordbobjones

lordbobjones Member

Notaz I must take a moment and say THANK YOU for this amazing port.  You have saved my arse with several weeks of travel by plane.  I have been enjoying this port so much and still have 6 days of travel (stops to recharge thankfully) ahead of me, and Diablo on my Pandora has helped me keep my sanity.

Thanks for your great work for this community.

Eight Bit likes this.
  7. padoro

padoro Member

I've just finished Diablo (warrior) with mouse, and the game runs flawlessly, from start to finish.

Thank you very much Notaz for your work and, please, work on Diablo 2...!!  :rolleyes:   If anybody can make it, it is you  :)  

By the way, I've also played Starcraft (Terran mission) with identical results. Perfect.

Wally likes this.
  8. Risca

Risca Still Fresh

Really awesome work Notaz! Locating my Diablo game right now to have a blast to the past! Have you had a look at the Hellfire game? Maybe they share a lot of code?

9. Risca

Risca Still Fresh

Played through the first couple of levels yesterday with a rogue. Something I really missed was an easy way of staying in the same spot and hit. It's kind of cumbersome to press "shift" at the same time as moving the cursor. Could the game be made to react to e.g. the right shoulder button?

10. padoro

padoro Member

Just for the record :) I've just finished sorcerer, not a single problem. On the Pandora's small screen, this game looks fantastic!

I suppose with games like this the Pandora is "reaching its limits"...

11. Klumpen

Klumpen Run away! Run away!

Not by a long shot, no.

It even runs Jedi Academy.

As long as it doesn't have to be emulated, there's enough power in the Pandora for a lot of stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2015
  12. padoro

padoro Member

Give me Diablo 2 and I'll ask for no more!! :) :)

13. elwing

elwing Rabbit Addict

well.. there's no source, not static recompilation, but still:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/gjouqKWNk_M?feature=oembed

14. padoro

padoro Member

Ahh yes, I forgot. With exagear and wine. It won't run as fluid as Diablo 1 but I'll try as soon as I get my hands on that program!!

15. notaz

notaz Certified Guru

Hmm some activity in this thread, while coincidentally I was finishing an update:

the usual repo link

Not sure if the shareware version is worth updating with these tweaks, anyone needs that?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2015
  16. padoro

padoro Member

Thank you for keeping working on it though I haven't expirienced any problems or bugs regarding the gameplay. Very good job.

The optional full screen may be worth trying :)

Edit: I forgot that minor bug with the cursor movig when I select something from the character's menu. Is that fixed? It's nothing really important, though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2015
  17. notaz

notaz Certified Guru

It's an issue with the game itself (not designed for touchscreens), fixing that would break gameplay with real mouse.

18. _jr_

_jr_ Advanced Member

Thanks for the update! I don't need the shareware version for Diablo (since I have the full game), but I do use some of the demo packages on the repo (where I don't have the full game and am waiting for a drm free sale). Therefore I believe that an update to the shareware package would be appreciated (it has more than half the downloads of the full package) if you can spare the time.

19. bluedeer

bluedeer Member

Fantastic update! The screen stretching makes a -huge- difference! I haven't really noticed any of the bugs so far, except for the cursor occasinally jumping random places on rare occasion, but it's a very happy update! Looking forward to Starcraft being updated as well if that's next, it would be awesome!

20. danielo515

danielo515 Member

I will also appreciate the update on the shareware version. Is this really playable on the Pandora?