Starcraft

ghost739 said:
Here's a thought. WINE is open source, why not just port that over to the psp and run starcraft on it? There must be some way...
Do a search in these forums... wine will not be usable on pandora or psp

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he was being funny

Edit: Whether he was or wasn't, it was a poor first post.... :p welcome to the boards anyway

mali said:
I'm sure, that the AI is implemented in the engine and doesn't reside in the data files. The right AI results in the right balancing.

On the plus side, maybe the Goliaths won't go wandering off on their own anymore. B)

cbox said:
ghost739 said:
Here's a thought. WINE is open source, why not just port that over to the psp and run starcraft on it? There must be some way...
Have you read any of the FAQs? WINE is for x86 systems, Pandora/PSP are ARM based.

Actually, the PSP is not ARM-based.

ghost739 said:
Aside from the problems with WINE that cbox mentioned that none of you guys who keep toting WINE can ever get through your head, how the hell would porting it to the PSP help people using the Pandora? And don't say "You can then port it from the PSP to the Pandora" because it would be easier to just port it straight to the Pandora than porting it twice.

-God Ginrai

VRAndy said:
On the plus side, maybe the Goliaths won't go wandering off on their own anymore. B)
Reminds me of what I used to say when my brother (a Starcraft addict) would build a Goliath. When they would respond with "Goliath online" I would shout from my room across the hall "...so easy to use, no wonder it's number one!" B) But yeah, that wandering around was annoying!

Regarding the replacement engine, I would love to see some SC on the Pandora. Although I was never any good at it, it didn't stop me from enjoying the occasional game.

its a mobil handheld we dont need perfect balance on there the N64 emu wont have full balance eighter because the cant update it

nickik said:
its a mobil handheld we dont need perfect balance on there the N64 emu wont have full balance eighter because the cant update it
In fact, using the touchscreen can give us a serious avantage in front of the AI developped by Blizzard.
So I'm not even sure that the close-source AI from is realy desirable anyway.

But the balance between strength and weakness for the different races have to be respected exactly. Else the games won't be fun. Even the dark-archon from brood-wars ith their 30 life-points was enough to kill that balance

sebt3 said:
So I'm not even sure that the close-source AI from is realy desirable anyway.

Good point, but I was assuming he meant the sub-AIs, like unit-pathfinding and target-picking and stuff.

lol dark archon is not imba

why do you think the korean pro gamers never (ok in very very lategame PvZ) play Dark Archons??

The Game is balance !!

If the Pandora version isnt 100% balance nobody cares. Warcraft 3 isent 100% balance and nobody cares.

Back