SONY PlayStation Vita (PS Vita)

ok so without having to read through 37 pages, what are some known defects the ps vita has had by now, so i know what to look for and in case i need to RMA. and there really is nothing you can do on it without a memory card, whats even worse, i havent even used the physical buttons yet :{

ok so without having to read through 37 pages, what are some known defects the ps vita has had by now, so i know what to look for and in case i need to RMA. and there really is nothing you can do on it without a memory card, whats even worse, i havent even used the physical buttons yet :{
There is an oled screen issue with some vitas.When the screen is completely black; say when it's loading it can display a weird black cloudy effect.I think all vitas have it but it only affects some in a worse fashion.Ive seen a small bit of it when mine was loading wipeout. Other than this my vita's display works fine for games and apps etc. Oh and the browser is sucky but that will be fixed with a software update at some point I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is an oled screen issue with some vitas.When the screen is completely black; say when it's loading it can display a weird black cloudy effect.I think all vitas have it but it only affects some in a worse fashion.Ive seen a small bit of it when mine was loading wipeout. Other than this my vita's display works fine for games and apps etc. Oh and the browser is sucky but that will be fixed with a software update at some point I guess.
My first unit had a touch screen defect where the screen would make presses even without my input. So I returned that unit and haven't had a problem since.

Chris

Thx, I gave it a try but I think it really does only work for EU accounts. I tried it on my US account and it said the code was invalid or entered wrong. After the 3rd try I can conclude the code won't work for us USAians lol. :p

It doesen't make it easy to find where to actually download them on the cluttered facebook page so i won't bother.Skyrim is eating up my time now.Awesome game, not so awesome bugs.

Erm, hopefully this isn't a bad question, i'm just wanting everyone's opinion here. I'm thinking about buying either a PS Vita or an Open Pandora. The main draws of the OpenPandora are the battery life and the ability to emulate some of my favorite games. But the PS Vita costs less, and has some very cool titles on it that i won't be able to play anywhere else. Many of you have used both machines, and i'm just wondering which you would choose to buy, if you were given the choice to buy one of them right now. And why you would want it. Thanks :)

I'd choose the Pandora every time, because you don't have to put up with whatever crap that SONY decides to pull that week, the controls are better sized for my giant hands, I like the games better, I can use it as more than just a gaming machine + it also tastes of bacon and as we all know bacon makes everything better. ;)

Many of you have used both machines, and i'm just wondering which you would choose to buy, if you were given the choice to buy one of them right now. And why you would want it. Thanks :)
WOW, I think I would have to go with the Pandora, but I have used my Vita far more in the last 2 months.

If you buy a Vita, you are going with the fact that you may never be able to play homebrew or emulators. The Pandora is the complete opposite of this, in that it runs a rich 30+ years of video game history, but you probably wont see many new commercial games released for it.

The Vita may be dead within 12-24 months, and you can never tell what software may, or may not be released. With the Pandora, you can play for the next 5 years, and never run out of games and apps to use and play.

I love them both, but at the end of the day, they both meet very differant needs and don't really directly compete with one another.

Chris

Yeah...

Pandora > PS Vita

Also...

The PlayStation Vita Will Come in a New Color. This Is It.

The PS Vita doesn't only come in Crystal Black. Today, Sony revealed that the handheld is getting a new color. Say hello to Crystal White.

http://kotaku.com/5908447/the-ps-vita-will-come-in-a-new-color-this-is-it

original.jpg

I always knew they would come out with new colors, and I always loved their crystal white units. If this is ever announced for the USA, I may have to go for it, but for now, I'll stick with the OG.

Chris

Yeah, their expecting to sale 11 million Vita's/PSP's over the next fiscal year.

I don't think that number is impossible, but Sony will need to get their shit together and line up some killer apps and games over the next year. I'm sure they wouldn't give such lofty numbers without a plan to back it up, so I'm expecting some GREAT news from E3 next month.

If they have a sap showing there, they can cut that number in half, and hope and pray they reach half of that, because that is what it will take at that point. :lol:

I'm still using my Vita daily, and I must say Rayman Origins is a must own title. It has slowly grown on me, and I'm clocking my most time with that title out of all my Vita titles. I may try for a platinum trophy(just for completion purposes).

Chris

Yeah, their expecting to sale 11 million Vita's/PSP's over the next fiscal year.

I don't think that number is impossible, but Sony will need to get their shit together and line up some killer apps and games over the next year. I'm sure they wouldn't give such lofty numbers without a plan to back it up, so I'm expecting some GREAT news from E3 next month.

If they have a sap showing there, they can cut that number in half, and hope and pray they reach half of that, because that is what it will take at that point. :lol:

I'm still using my Vita daily, and I must say Rayman Origins is a must own title. It has slowly grown on me, and I'm clocking my most time with that title out of all my Vita titles. I may try for a platinum trophy(just for completion purposes).

Chris
I think they have realised that they need plenty of kickass software this time around.should be some good announcements to come.Ive been plugging away at wipeout 2048 whilst commuting or just at home.It's a good game tricky at times.

Back