PS Vita TV - New Console/Media Player (SONY's Ouya)

Why can't SONY use the touchpad of the PS4 controller to simulate the touch screen? Or use the PSVita as the controller for the Vita TV and simulate touch on the Vita screen there.
My thoughts too. 

I dont think that THEY had any thoughts on this too. 

I am thinking to getting one in order to hack it. :wub:
Indeed that is the plus i see compared against an android box.

Anyone know how far the hacker scene opened that device? 

they just repackaged them into a shitty looking box and called it a PS Vita TV.
And you can only get ugly black here.... I mean why does the rest of the world always get shitty black as only option? 

Whats the retail price in japan?  

True but that leads to: how far are they with the ps vita?

I never really was into that scene. 

Check wololo.net.  No native hack yet though.  They get to the point where you can play ps1 and psp games and a bunch of emulators/homebrews, but Sony keeps releasing patches.  If you have a PSP it's a better device for this purpose.  A pain on the Vita with this BS Vita Content Manager.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one but haven't tried to use the dualshock 4 yet but the manual says you can use the ps4 touchpad for input.  I assume it acts as the rear touchpad on the Vita.  There is an option to use the analog sticks to turn on virtual fingers for the clicking but it really would not be easy to use.  I also would love to be able to use my Vita as the controller for this.  There are a bunch of games I have that don't need the touchscreen but they still don't work.  Apparently some games are in higher resolution when played on the Playstation TV versus the Vita.  Overall for 100 bucks I think it is pretty good.  The remote play is obviously what the biggest use for it is.

In Japan, from 2011 - 2015.

68ZLffT.png

I love my vita
I do too.

It's a shame there aren't more puzzle games on it though - I'd really like some of the 3DS type stuffage on it, like Picross, Pullblox and the Layton series to name just a few.
I've tried to like Picross on many occasions, and for the life of me, I just don't get it. Pullblox and Layton are awesome though, and are great games on the 3DS. If you want a Vita Layton style game, try Jacob Jones and the Big Foot Mystery.

Sadly, I don't know if episode 2 will ever see the light of day on the Vita, but the first episode is good for the asking price.

Chris

Jacob Jones and the Big Foot Mystery
Cheers for that - I'd not heard of it before.

Picross is perfect for me - I love logic puzzles of pretty much any kind (hence why many of my own games are logic puzzles).
Yeah, that's what's so weird, I love many different styles of puzzle games, but Sudoku, Picross and these types are just not fun for me. I guess maybe it's the minimal presention, or the number specific gameplay that throws me off.

Anyway, Jacob Jones is really good(although short), and episode 2 has released on IOS, so we may see it at some point. Otherwise hopefully Android will get it and I can complete it there in a worst case situation.

Chris

I bought JJ earlier, but haven't played it yet. :)

Funny enough Sudoku is the only logic puzzle game I've found that I don't like - I can solve them, but they bore me. I created a versions of KenKen (Ken2X), Suko (Suqo), Towers, MasterMind, WordSearch and MineSweeper (MinedOut!) for webOS (as well as other puzzlers for other systems, including Guru Logic Champs etc.) so my taste in logic puzzles is varied.

I love other games too, but due to lack of time, they fit my lifestyle perfectly - pick up, play a puzzle get back to work sort of thing.

Back