Android based Vita knockoff, Droid X360!

hosant

Behold, the world’s most badass named product: Droid X360. It is a PS Vita knockoff that runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. And it has one powerful feature that the original PS Vita doesn’t have. It has 9 different kinds of built-in emulators for the classic arcade games, Nintendo 64, Sony PlayStation, Game Boy Advance, Game boy Color, NES/FC, SNES, SEGA Mega Drive and SEGA Game Gear.

Apparently a Chinese company has released a new device called Droid X360 that looks an awful lot like the PS Vita. The Droid X360 comes with Android 4.0.4 installed, a 1.5GHz processor (not sure if it’s a dual core), 512MB of RAM, 8GB of onboard storage, a 5-inch capacitive touchscreen display (800 x 480), HDMI-out, a microSD slot (support up to 32GB), a mini USB port, 2800 mAh battery, a rear 2-megapixel camera and a front 0.3-megapixel shooter. And it includes two analog sticks!
wY4Nf.jpg

A few more details + a video here

Looks like the build quality might be half decent, wonder what it will cost?

At least the build quality of these China Handhelds seems to get better and better. It seems they have found ways to have decent Quality and low price. Maybe there is hope when it comes to China and Handheld Case building. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems interesting at the outset, but I happened to look at the specs for this device. Three hour battery life doesn`t sound appealing to me ( reminds me of my Sega Nomad ), unless that time estimate correlates to its MAX CPU speed ( also wondering if said speed can be adjusted by the end user manually for a little more battery life).

Still, a nifty device it seems to be.

....Patnik.

Reckon we'll need dual or quad core and gpu mp core the way android is coming along also 512 memory doesnt cut it now at least a gig

Last edited by a moderator:
Chinese people are my hero. Not that I'm gonna buy this thing but, they gonna make something eventually that I want and I will buy.

I should buy this and give it to one of my Sony fanboy friends watch their reaction

i just saw this last week and would like to have it. i bought a psvita when they first came out and was expecting it to be the next best portable. but i found out about all the other android devices and ordered a yinlips g18a about a month ago, havent picked up my vita since. all the emulators and android games all in one package is better than anything on the vita in my opinion.

Back