PS Vita TV - New Console/Media Player (SONY's Ouya)

Looks like its only planned for ASIA region... I dont understand when companies try to not win, whos decision was this? Its laughable to me!

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200079/PS_Vita_TV_is_not_coming_to_the_West__at_least_not_yet.php
Launching everywhere in the world is expensive. And Sony's financial situation is going to be tough as they launch the PS4 this year, so it's not surprising they select only a single region for launch at first for this thing. 

They also said elsewhere that it will go to the west, just that a date hasn't been set.

The latest is that it will also run Android games supposedly.

Bumping this up as the Europe release gets near. 

I did not know that this device existed till yesterday what a shame. 

It sounds good to me. Anyone here with first hand experinces? 

For just 100 Bucks i am leaning for pre-ordering one.

Bumping this up as the Europe release gets near. 

I did not know that this device existed till yesterday what a shame. 

It sounds good to me. Anyone here with first hand experinces? 

For just 100 Bucks i am leaning for pre-ordering one.
This is completely dead and Sony has dropped support for it in Japan already. I wouldn't spend any money on that if I were you :)

They dropped support in japan even before the Europe launch? 

Now thats a new level. So are they trying to sell the leftovers here?

Anyway dead or no support is no argument against it yet. I currently need a media player anyway since the only device i have for my TV is a ps2. Yea really i dont even have a TV receiver. 

So the question is is it worse than those android TV sticks?

Now thats a new level. So are they trying to sell the leftovers here?
LOL it was already a leftover in the first place!

It's a product made with the PS Vita boards they could not sell because of poor sales, and they just repackaged them into a shitty looking box and called it a PS Vita TV.

How did they manage to achieve that only about half of the Vita games work...?
It's a pretty decent device from what I can tell. It's all about choices, and this is for those consumers who want to play on TV only, and don't need a portable device. It's no different than a 2DS, Shield Tablet, ETC. It's just giving the consumer more choices at different price points.

Sadly, in regards to certain games not working, well that has to do with the touch controls, as it seems Sony didn't think this through to early on, so certain games won't work due to this issue, but more games work than not.

I personally don't want or need this item, but many others do, and some plan to even sale their Vita's, as they no longer need it due to the "TV" option. I find this 100% more usable than the 3G Vita Sony released early on. So different strokes, for different folks I guess ;)

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Decent, pronounced "DEE-sent," means "socially acceptable." It's also an old fashioned way to say "polite." These days if you ask someone if she's decent, you probably don't care if she went to finishing school, you're just wondering if she's dressed so you can come in. Decent can also mean good but not excellent. Have it both ways:

He's a

decent

old chap, but isn't at home much. (

Bertram Mitford

)

"We're going to work hard out there, and earn a

decent

living." (

New York Times

)

Decent, pronounced "DEE-sent," means "socially acceptable." It's also an old fashioned way to say "polite." These days if you ask someone if she's decent, you probably don't care if she went to finishing school, you're just wondering if she's dressed so you can come in. Decent can also mean good but not excellent. Have it both ways:

He's a decent old chap, but isn't at home much. (Bertram Mitford)

"We're going to work hard out there, and earn a decent living." (New York Times)
No, I mean in the video games hardware sense.

It's a pretty decent device from what I can tell.
Define "decent" ?
Decent: It allows the PS Vita to be played on a TV, without the need to have the portable version, or the cost of the screen associated with it. Like I said, I personally don't need this, but I don't like standard gaming on TV's in general, as it's to time consuming for me. That's why I game mostly on handhelds. It does what it's supposed to do(minus some games that use touch screen), and it's cheaper than the standard system. I find that to be Decent, NOT GREAT!

Chris

How did they manage to achieve that only about half of the Vita games work...?
It's a pretty decent device from what I can tell. It's all about choices, and this is for those consumers who want to play on TV only, and don't need a portable device. It's no different than a 2DS, Shield Tablet, ETC. It's just giving the consumer more choices at different price points.
Well, yes. I've got a Plus account with tons of free games for PS3 and Vita and would love to play some Vita-Only games on the TV.

But that compatibility issue was a showstopper for me...

Why can't SONY use the touchpad of the PS4 controller to simulate the touch screen? Or use the PSVita as the controller for the Vita TV and simulate touch on the Vita screen there.

Back