░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█░

░░█░░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█░░

░░░█░░░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█░░░

░░░░█░░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░█▀██████░█░░

░░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█░░

░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░█░

░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░█░

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░█░░

As long as they keep the gaming division profitable it should be ok i guess.Wonder if the various sony divisions are independent from each other if one division fails etc.Commodore operated like this which is why commodore uk survived on it's own for a year or so in 1995.Each division could largely make their own plans and adverts etc.If one division was forced into administration or liquidation etc the other divisons if profitable enough could be exempt from such a thing.

Nintendo only does Ok, not great: "Nintendo is doomed!"

SONY only does Ok, not great: "They'll bounce back, it's just a phase."

Hey Guys/Gals,

If any of you live in the states, Newegg has a preorder deal on Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for 29.99/free shipping. I believe it is a 24 hour ONLY sale(active on May 23, 2012)

http://www.newegg.co...em-_-79-248-107

Enter code promo code: EMCYTZT1643 at check out. They had this same deal last week for Gravity Rush, but I already had that one preordered at Amazon with a 20 dollar promo credit, so I skipped out on neweggs deal. They also didn't offer the preorder bonuses for that one like Amazon and Gamestop are offering.

I'm not really sure if I want to get this one or not. I guess I have the rest of the day to consider it, but I'm just not sure. I played Metal Gear 2 when it was originally released, but I got bored midway thru and quit playing it(Raiden was to much of a whiny bitch for me to continue) :p

I have never played MG3, but I hear from many it is one of the best in the series. I was going to get it for the 3DS, but it didn't seem like it was worth the full price and the Vita version offers 4 games total(MSX 1,2, and MG2/MG3), plus I think I would prefer dual analog controls over 3D for this title.

Any suggestions from the community? Good deal or not? Anyone else plan to get this collection? Any reviews for the 3DS version of MG3?

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
I adored mgs on the ps1 but raiden was indeed a whiny bitch in mgs 2 and the length of the cutscenes after the first game are interminable and effin intolerable.30 to 45 minute cutscenes? Screw that if i want to see a effin movie ill watch one!LOL

I adored mgs on the ps1 but raiden was indeed a whiny bitch in mgs 2 and the length of the cutscenes after the first game are interminable and effin intolerable.30 to 45 minute cutscenes? Screw that if i want to see a effin movie ill watch one!LOL
Yeah, I also loved the first game on the PS1. It is one of my top 10 games of all time. A true classic for sure. I'm really interested in playing part 3, but I doubt I would play any of the other games included with this set, so it looks like I will pass. I'll try to get this version or the 3DS later this year once the price drops.

@Sony

I agree with you completely. The price should be at this price out of the gate, especially since they don't included Peace Walker from the PS3 and 360 versions and those retail for the same price, WTF!?

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jumpman:

Thanks for the heads-up - nice deal for one I was planning on getting anyway. :)

Other than the fact that Raiden is a little annoying, I don't get the hate for MGS2. Sure you don't get to play as Snake for a lot of the game, but it's still a *great* game! I mean come on: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/metal-gear-solid-2-sons-of-liberty :)

If you haven't played it Jumpman, I HIGHly recommend it. Especially at $30 for MGS2 AND 3. MGS1 is still my favorite though.

If you haven't played it Jumpman, I HIGHly recommend it. Especially at $30 for MGS2 AND 3. MGS1 is still my favorite though.
This is a good deal, but I know this will just sit in my backlog, as Gravity Rush comes out the same day, and Resistance comes out next week, so I have a few other games that are higher on my must have scale currently. I did enjoy the gameplay play of MGS2 up until I stopped playing, so it wasn't bad in that area, but Raiden just killed it for me. :p

I also have never played the MSX or NES originals, but I did play the Ghost of Babel on the GBC, and it was an excellent title, almost as good as MGS1 minus the cool visuals and voice work(One of the best portable titles I have ever played). I recommend it to anyone, plus you can play it on your Pandora, so it's a win/win.

Chris

I got the HD collection on the PS3 and love it, I love the games anyway, as for the stupidly long cut scenes Kojima once said something like, 80% of my life is movies, the rest is up to you, sounds about right for MGS

I'm just sad that it won't include Peace Walker on the Vita version :( I've still got my copy of Ghost Babel lying around somewhere, I've been living in the US for a month now I really should unpack.

As Jumpy and other have stated...there's a lack of Peace Walker in this Vita game. :(
The psp version is available to download on the psn store though.I heard that there was not that many cutscenes in it.Is that true I wonder? If memory serves I read that it's a bit more action packed too.

It is much more action packed, the cut scenes are cool, done by the guy who drew the comic series (Ashley wood I think) so its stylised, for the trophy collectors the PSP version doesn't support trophies, but the ps3 version does (in Japan Peace walker was released as a stand alone HD title, if that came out here I'd be more inclined to get it).

It is much more action packed, the cut scenes are cool, done by the guy who drew the comic series (Ashley wood I think) so its stylised, for the trophy collectors the PSP version doesn't support trophies, but the ps3 version does (in Japan Peace walker was released as a stand alone HD title, if that came out here I'd be more inclined to get it).
I will probably download it when it drops in price on the ps vita store then.its nice being able to download the psp back catalogue.There's some good stuff there

Back