SONY PlayStation Vita (PS Vita)

Who has more than one PSN account, anyway? Nobody else is touching my Vita... when I actually get the blasted thing of course. Got a month and a half, more or less, to wait!

Who has more than one PSN account, anyway? Nobody else is touching my Vita... when I actually get the blasted thing of course. Got a month and a half, more or less, to wait!

Yeah, I agree with you for sure, my Vita, and no one elses! :lol:

I actually believe that the problem everyone is having is not with mutiple accounts for mutiple users, but being able to set up differant region accounts for the one unit, so a US unit can get demo's and games from Japan & UK PSN. Or at least I believe this is what the problem appears to be. I could be wrong.

Chris

It's not so much a bug as a feature then, as I'm fairly sure SONY don't condone that multi-account sneakiness... I didn't know it worked with the PS Vita, either, although I did it once or twice with my Xbox 360 back in the good ol' days.

Ok, what? 60 hours of continuous gameplay? Something is very not right. I mean, I never bought into the "3DS has shitty battery life" camp, but I don't think anyone could explain that much of a difference.

Surely that is just indicating the speed of the fastforward?

The counters clearly show the PS Vita with around 4 hours of battery and the 3DS with around 5 hours.

Oh Derp. I claim sleep deprivation! that was the minute marker I was looking at, not the hour marker. :p

It's good that 3DS lasts longer than Vita with 3D off, but apparently the same test only lasted 2.5 hours with 3D on. Not good.

Does Vita have any extension batteries out yet? This sounds like a crucial add-on for 3DS if you want to play it outside the house very much.

It's good that 3DS lasts longer than Vita with 3D off, but apparently the same test only lasted 2.5 hours with 3D on. Not good.

Does Vita have any extension batteries out yet? This sounds like a crucial add-on for 3DS if you want to play it outside the house very much.

the extra nub dock thing add some life but uses AA batteries, there's one 3rd party things I saw at best buy that is susposed to "2.5x the battery life" not sure how accurate that is though

Nothing for vita that I seen, but I haven't been looking

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... maybe if they'd make some games for it. Or a Ridge Racer with more than THREE EFFING TRACKS. What the!?

I'm not going to cancel my pre-order; I want a shiny new toy to play with, and hold some hope that the first version of the Vita, at least, will be hacked to oblivion and make a good emulation/homebrew device.

I'd love it if that was because people are tired of Sony bullshit

People love to say they're tired of Sony bullshit, I'm one of them. But they rarely commit by boycotting their products... I'm guilty!

It's definitely because the handheld console is severely under threat by the mobile phone. As much as people want to say it's not, they're in the shrinking minority of delusional maniacs and people who think that what they buy is what everyone else buys.

Well, no one can argue the numbers in Japan currently. Those are facts! Other facts are that this console is only availible in one region. I think the Vita will do a lot better in the states and UK, but who knows?

The 3DS was doomed in the first six months(or so everyone said), and now it is doing fine. The PSP is dead everywhere, but in Japan it has been the number one system for I believe about the last 2 years. Anything can happen at anytime.

Is handheld gaming changing, dying, and evolving? Sure it is! That is another current fact of life. So many people in the world want a one-in-all device. That is why Apple does so well with the iphone and ipads. The original PSP tried to tap into this market, but personally I found it doomed from the start. Yeah it could play music and movies, but it was huge. I personally like my phone to be a phone, My music player to be a player, my game system to be a game system, but that's just me I guess? The only thing it was good for was games, and once priacy started, Some felt it damaged sales.

I personally don't believe that theory, as the DS was way more easy to pirate games, and that system became the best selling of all time. In this day and age, I think all gaming machines BIG and small need good software to move sales. The 3DS picked up once Mario came to the show, and I think Sony will do better when they release killer games in the proper regions. Uncharted is a killer franchise, but it is a western game. I would never expect it to move sales in Japan. Everybody's golf is the number one selling game over there.

That is no suprise, as it has always sold best in Japan. It is a nitch game everywhere else. Even though Japan loves it, I would never expect it to move systems over there either. If Monster Hunters was released tomorow, Vita would dominate.

Another reason sales are down, is that many are on the fence, and waiting for a new model and price drop. Sony changed the PSP many times, and releases new systems all the time. I have always found this to be stupidity, especially at launch. Microsoft released 2 or 3 differant Xboxes, Ps3 had 2 at launch, The Vita has 2 differant ones, ect. What always happens to these extra systems? They confuse the market, and normally get discontinued very quickly.

Nintendo has never released more than one system at launch, and I doubt they ever will. It gives choices, but devides user base, and it just doesn't make sense. After The 3DS, I think many are waiting to see what happens, and if a better deal can be had 3-6 months from now. I'm getting my Vita day one, but I only plan to get one game(and one download title), and then it will be collecting dust until other games arrives, but I don't have a problem with that. This is how I have played games for 20+ years.

Chris

What really damaged PSP sales is that it was a piece of crap console with shitty controls, a missing analogue stick and a disc format so unfathomably stupid that most people couldn't remove their palm from their face long enough to play it.

I own a PSP and must admit that it has a few good games, but it was a terrible console that managed to get worse when the "Go" landed.

Not only that, but Sony's endless war against pirates made it a little frustrating for consumers, too, of you buy a game every now and then you'd constantly find it installing a new OS version before it could play... Argh!

It isn't even much good as an emulation platform, to be honest. I think: abject failure best describes it as a platform, no matter what the sales may have been like. A precious few excellent games saved it from complete obsolescence, though.

The Vita, on the other hand, looks like a pretty shit hot piece of hardware, and I've seen nobody really knocking it as a platform yet. So I think you're right: it's all down to the games.

I, for one, am absolutely gagging for a portable, 100% PS3 compatible, version of Dungeon Defenders.

Back