A schedule! For real! (2011 - 02 - 28)

[...] Well, anyways, away with such awful ideas, we still want you to get your Pandoras and are working on that :) [...]
Hope you can find a little time to relax every now and then. We're not that desperate for them (at least, I can wait a few extra weeks if it means you don't turn into a cabbage).

EvilDragon said:
Well, sure, but that would only work for my queue and not for Craigs.

You beat me to it, anyway i will echo.. not much good for the vast majority (day 2 onwards) still waiting, who ordered via Craig.

I'm just stating the obvious here, but couldn't a similar thing be done for Craig's? Of course the same query wouldn't work, but if the schema for Craig's DB is available as well I don't see why not? I mean we would all probably love to know some exact numbers here, and if it could be achieved with some SQL magic by the community with zero overhead for the team, wouldn't it be worth pursuing?

I'm not trying to badger this through and will stop asking questions immediately if there's no support for the idea. I'm a patient guy, but this information could really calm the community and give the OPT more time to work on our pandoras instead of answering the constant "are we there yet?" messages.

I'm pissed off I don't have it already, and each day that passes without it makes me more miserable. I grew up with the c64, the amiga, megadrive, PSX and other similar devices. Absolutely nothing compares with the functionality of the Pandora for letting me re-capture those great times - nothing except the original devices.

Not only that but I suspect most people like myself only had one game system or one PC and once we receive our Pandora we will finally be able to experience what those machines have to offer. Sure we can do that on the PC, but it's not as fun as discovering something really cool you missed while your stuck in a waiting room or traveling somewhere on a long car ride or 'gasp' visiting the in-laws! I kid, I kid. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
So the problem is this.

I know I am 3600-3700 in the overall queue.

I still have NO idea how many Pandoras have been made (2100 maybe?).

I have NO idea whether the new 1100 units apparently by the end of March will encompass mine (well 2100+1100 = 3200 so I assume no).

I have NO idea whether my unit will therefore be a resurrected unit from the bin.

Apparently the only thing I have an idea about is that I will get the new LCD cable.

So I could be waiting less than a month, or I could be caught in the "CC are having trouble getting the binned units to work, so its gonna be another 2 months" category. Trust me I know how long it can take to get broken hardware working.

As a Developer who was gonna bring some cool stuff to the Pandora, I am reticent to walk away, but the lack of information and uncertainty is just eating away at me. Gonna sleep on it and decide in the morning.

I know I am 3600-3700 in the overall queue.
How do you know this? All that can be known "approximately" is where you are in the queue of the particular store you ordered.

I was told I was at ~2000 of craigs queue. Does that put me at ~3000 of the overall queue?

I have no idea :)

That's it. I'm done. Cancelled.

Thanks for letting us know. I really hope you find something you can use in the place of the Pandora, but I doubt you'll ever find something that won't leave you wondering "what if....". And without meaning any offence, why the f**k did you come back here to read this?

Looks like I hit preview and not post the other day, as I was sorry to hear of TitanUranus' having health problems and I hoped he'd hang in there for when his Pandora turns up, as the positive mental boost it will offer should help keep depression and perhaps physical illness from deteriorating for a spell. Plus he always brings some humorous Scottish bitterness to things :)

As for the rest of it.

Well its the standard state of play but things are happening, the Pandora is getting produced and made the market(!) and those salvaged boards wont be potential rejects but yet more learning for CC whose latest runs have had more issues than the original batches, which were flawless. This will help them solve those new issues and nothing less than working boards, even from the salvaged will get sent to customers from now on, I am sure/hopeful.

Sorry also to hear that a potential Dev Lazrhog has reached his break point in the process. Your apps will no doubt be missed but perhaps you'll return when the batches are out there and the premium units are flawless and the norm within a few days of ordering :) ?

yep, I will probably re-order at some point in the future when things are more stable. My port of Neverball will have to wait. I shall still follow the news, and see how things turn out though.

We all move up the que a notch now, and the team can sell another Premium at a profit. Thanks!

There is a contradiction in your statement there. ;)

But anyone who is in batch 1 and cancells now is either crazy or has been resenting an impulse buying decision for a long time now.

Nope didn't regret it at all. I'm just sick of telling all my friends and family about this awesome bit of kit that is always just 2 months away. For OP to turn around and say, no honestly its only 2 months away was the final straw.

For the guy that didn't know what Neverball was, go to www.neverball.org. I'm the guy that did the OpenGLES translation.

Nope didn't regret it at all. I'm just sick of telling all my friends and family about this awesome bit of kit that is always just 2 months away. For them to turn around and say, no honestly its only 2 months away was the final straw.

For the guy that didn't know what Neverball was, go to www.neverball.org. I'm the guy that did the OpenGLES translation.

Eventually it has to be true. Just might be true this time, and if not then certainly the next time.

yep, I will probably re-order at some point in the future when things are more stable. My port of Neverball will have to wait. I shall still follow the news, and see how things turn out though.
So... u desperately needed the money back? I mean what is the point of canceling if you know that the device will be build but, its just the porject that is going a bit slow?

We all move up the que a notch now, and the team can sell another Premium at a profit. Thanks!

There is a contradiction in your statement there. ;)

But anyone who is in batch 1 and cancells now is either crazy or has been resenting an impulse buying decision for a long time now.

Nope didn't regret it at all. I'm just sick of telling all my friends and family about this awesome bit of kit that is always just 2 months away. For OP to turn around and say, no honestly its only 2 months away was the final straw.

Well sorry to see you go in any event. You seem like someone who would've brought a bit more to the community the just the money for the pre-order.

So... u desperately needed the money back? I mean what is the point of canceling if you know that the device will be build but, its just the porject that is going a bit slow?

because there are only so many times I can explain to people why its another 2 months. As I say, it has annoyed me to the point of cancellation. As someone else said previously, they would have been making my Pandora at a loss, so I'm doing them a favour right ?

Back