Pocketsnes Version 3

Stunt Race Fx

Haven't tried the others on your list, but I had Stunt Race FX boot and go through the menu screens. It even went in-game, but the main sprite was missing and it seemed to freeze (though sound kept playing).

edit: these didn't work for me: Clayfighter TE (& CF2), Terranigma, Zoop.

Last edited by a moderator:
For version 4 would you be able to make the emulator remember the last rom you loaded so that when you boot another one you don't have to start back at the top of the list?

NO!

I don't want this constantly writing to the card and fragmenting it and possibly corrupting it ;)

These autowrites are a bad idea. If that is done it should have an option to disable that.

The solution is simple: Keep it in memory for the whole session, then when you quit, save it. What do you take Reesy for, a moron? :p j/k

For version 4 would you be able to make the emulator remember the last rom you loaded so that when you boot another one you don't have to start back at the top of the list?

NO!

I don't want this constantly writing to the card and fragmenting it and possibly corrupting it ;)

These autowrites are a bad idea. If that is done it should have an option to disable that.
Also the fragmentation is pointless to worry about in Solid State Media... :rolleyes:

NO!

That's really for SMC cards from the old GP32. You want to minimize writes to those things.

SD cards a somewhat more resilient to writes. I mean, that's what it's for right?

It's like saying 'don't use the joystick as it may get worn out'?

NO!

He was referring to a single gaming session, in which case said variable would be written to the RAM?

- Alex

Thats exactly what we meant. Doing it between emulator loads would be pointless. (imo)

NO!

That's really for SMC cards from the old GP32. You want to minimize writes to those things.

SD cards a somewhat more resilient to writes. I mean, that's what it's for right?

Ahh, then just get a DaveC Joystick Mod ;)

But this writing in a text-file for each game is really irrelevant for the SD lifetime.

btw: Reesy, thanks for your work on pocketsnes :)

NO!

DaveC does say "don't use the joystick as it may get worn out"... :rolleyes:

NO!

Not really. If it is writing and the battery goes out you could corrupt the card. If the program bugs out while writing it could trash the card. If it writes all of the time you increase the odds of that happening, especially here where you are overclocking to the max to get speed.

If something like this was added I would just want to be able to shut it off.
DaveC does say "don't use the joystick as it may get worn out"... :rolleyes:

No I say don't use the *stick click* it will cause stick failure sooner which is true.

Is this version faster, slower or the same as version 2?
My GP2X is too slow (240mhz ) for FX games or 44 khz sound (I have to use 11025 or 22050 now for good speed).

Thanks again Reesy.

just wanted to pop in and say great work, it's much appreciated.

too bad about my icons becoming obsolete though :(
what would i rather have, better snes emulation or getting to see my icons used by people? probably the first one. that's what you get for being a geek.

Awesome progress Reesy!

Hopefully a lot more fixes, speed-ups and implementations will take place before developement slows down!

Thanks a lot! :D

Drokkeh: What exactly are playable speeds? In Mariokart its slower than in Squidgesnes. Are you experiencing the same thing?

I keep getting an error regarding RAM when I try to run Sonic. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? It comes up saying Press Start and then Sonic appears next to the SEGA logo and then Dr Robotnik appears saying there is a RAM error...

Did anyone mention that Zelda is running beautifully now?
Actually it may be running *too* well. I forgot I was playing it on an emulator and went to the ingame save then turned the power off :(

Wee question, are the saves states likely to change any time soon, or is it safe to start a few RPG's and not worry about having to stay on early releases.

air-can, you're in the wrong topic, but I can still help, i'm good like that :)

When you start the disk image/rom, whatever you want to call it, press and hold one of the buttons, i can't remember which one just try them out. This will take you to a settings screen where you have to format the save memory. Do this and it should start working.

Back on topic - Great emu reesy, i love it, runs E.V.O like a charm.

Did anyone mention that Zelda is running beautifully now?
Actually it may be running *too* well. I forgot I was playing it on an emulator and went to the ingame save then turned the power off :(

Wee question, are the saves states likely to change any time soon, or is it safe to start a few RPG's and not worry about having to stay on early releases.

You should be safe to use the save states as I'm not planning on changing them...ever. But if I do I'll do my best to make any new versions backwards compatible.

Back