Release Pcsx-Rearmed

I just want to report a bit of an issue I encountered with Rockman 8 - Metal Heroes (NTSC-J), which runs perfectly apart from this one thing.

On completing the game, after the ending FMV has played, it should go through to the credits, whilst playing two pieces of redbook audio (in this version, first a song, and then an instrumental after that). However, whilst it started playing the first one, everything went black, and it just got stuck repeating it over and over. Oddly, in spite of this, the built-in soft-reset (hold Start, Select, both shoulder-buttons, and all four gaming buttons) still worked, which will get you back to the title screen.

All of my settings are the defaults. I'm using the scph1001 BIOS, and the builtin_gpu and builtin_spu plugins.

I ripped the disc using cdrdao - with the command below, specifically;

Code:
cdrdao read-cd --read-raw --datafile [desired filename here].bin --device /dev/cdrom --driver generic-mmc-raw [same as already-chosen filename].cue

A save-state (with the final boss beaten, so that the game will go right into the ending after you skip through the text) is here, if it's of any help.

Mass Destruction, Puzzle Bobble 4, Vanishing Point, and a whole lot of other games don't play music in PBP format. PBPs made with POPStationGUI V3.

ok, yesterday I completed touchscreen-based GunCon support, and a week before some nice SPU optimizations that benefit games with lots of active sound channels. I guess everyone wants a release now? There are still heaps of broken games though..

Well, as long as this release won't break compatibility for already working games, please release ;)

notaz said:
ok, yesterday I completed touchscreen-based GunCon support, and a week before some nice SPU optimizations that benefit games with lots of active sound channels. I guess everyone wants a release now? There are still heaps of broken games though..

Are you seriously asking me whether I would like to play Team Buddies again? I can assure you, I want!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
notaz said:

Sounds great notaz, entirely up to you, but I'm sure there'll be lots of willing testers. Thanks for your continued effort. Touch screen guncon sounds really fun :)

ok it finally works the way I like, so after more than 4 months of development, here is r9:
http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pcsxr/pcsx_rearmed_r9.pnd

There are some nice performance improvements, as well as compatibility fixes. There have been some requests for Tekken3, now it runs quite nicely with PCSX4ALL plugin + frameskip ON. In fact majority of games I tested run fullspeed with some frame skipping on Unai/PCSX4ALL GPU (save for some glitches).

Prometheus should be happy to see fully working Tron Bonne, which I managed to support without trashing performance.
I've also added GunCon support (no Justifier yet). You'll need to enable it controls config.
I've also included new experimental GPU plugin named gpuPEOPS2, which is same as default one, but has non-rendering code rewritten from scratch. It has display list resubmission detection, so is good for FF7 and probably some other games (I'll probably make it default in later releases).
There are still lots of broken games though.

All in all I'm quite happy with this release. The main missing piece now is GPU code that would be both accurate and fast and a working GLES plugin for enhanced graphics.
Special thanks to gretar/shalma for help with this release (and earlier ones, actually).

Here is more complete changelog:
  • fixed various dynarec integration issues that were causing instability
  • merged latest Ari64 dynarec code for some performance improvement
  • changed frameskip handling in builtin and PCSX4ALL plugins, fixes some cases where it would not work
  • merged PCSX4ALL 2.2 GPU code to it's plugin
  • fixed PCSX4ALL GPU inline asm, was miscompiling for ARMv7.
  • added CDDA handling for eboot format
  • improved CDDA handling for all image formats that support it
  • various compatibility/accuracy improvements
  • optimized PEOPS SPU core
  • various menu adjustments
  • changed scaling options a bit, there are now two 4:3 options: integer and fractional
  • added some basic memory card manager, which allows to change or remove cards (remove needed for Tenka)
  • added GunCon support
  • added gpuPEOPS2 plugin (peops rendering + new emulation code)

Awesome work Notaz. As a fellow programmer - I fully appreciate the time, effort, and skill that goes into releases like this. Just wanted to make a quick post here to let you know how much I (and I'm sure many others) enjoy the fruits of your labor :).

On a completely random tangent -- you ever seen this guy's page? http://slack.net/~ant/libs/ntsc.html

If you're looking for a new (maybe quick?) project -- maybe you could get in contact him and integrate some of his filters into Picodrive :)

Thanks for the new release, notaz!!! Is it just me or is Vivi's Fira fullspeed now?!?

- Tobal no.1 crashes at the loading screen.

There is a problem I am currently only experiencing in "Brave Fencer Musashi": I cannot seem to be able to save via savestate and I loose write access to my SD after I tried. I created savestates fine before in Team Buddies and R-Type Delta. Tryed it 4 times or so and it always happened.
(...but great anyway that EFM got fixed. Even though savestates worked before :) )

I wish I could extract my PSX CD's - it just doesn't work with Nero. :( The iso files somehow don't work with the Emulator and Nero can't produce other formats it seems. What (Windows) Programs work and how?

MooTheKow said:
On a completely random tangent -- you ever seen this guy's page? http://slack.net/~ant/libs/ntsc.html

If you're looking for a new (maybe quick?) project -- maybe you could get in contact him and integrate some of his filters into Picodrive :)
Picodrive is in a mess now and needs to be fixed, also it's source released..

Schnatterplatsch said:
- Tobal no.1 crashes at the loading screen.
Works for me, which region? Maybe verify CD image on PC emus.

Schnatterplatsch said:
There is a problem I am currently only experiencing in "Brave Fencer Musashi": I cannot seem to be able to save via savestate and I loose write access to my SD after I tried. I created savestates fine before in Team Buddies and R-Type Delta. Tryed it 4 times or so and it always happened.
(...but great anyway that EFM got fixed. Even though savestates worked before :) )
Sounds like your card got corrupted, probably unrelated to this emu, you should checkdisk in on a PC.

when will this release be available here http://apps.openpandora.org/ ?

Back