Release Pcsx-Rearmed

Bramrash said:
Ok, Didn't get a response on this one last time so I'll mention it again. Anyone completed Crash Bandicoot?

Crash Bandicoot PAL BIN/cue:
Bios: scph1001.bin
Game runs great untill trying to start the first level of the third island 'HEAVY MACHINERY'. Then the loading screen has three brown bars across it and just sits there. Can still press space to get back to Emu menu.

And a new problem:

Heart of Darkness (disc 2) NTSC BIN/cue:
Bios: scph1001.bin
Game runs fantastic untill right near the end, which is very annoying. If you've played it before, it gets to the movie where the monster that eats your gun at the start eats you, then the loading screen comes on and just stays there. I can still press space to get back to the emu menu.

So, are these both just bad dumps or what? Has anyone completed either of these games on the pandora?

Since these bugs appear later in the games, savegames before the crashes would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am up to hell in Heart of Darkness (Where the monster eats your gun is nowhere NEAR the end lol)

Try turning the Dynarec off in Crash, maybe that will fix that issue.

^they're talking about when that monster eats you and then you get your gun back.

Crash Bandicoot I've finished completely although mine is NTSC version. As for Heart of Darkness I'm close to that point of the game and will let you know when I get there.

Edit: Heart of Darkness I didn't have a problem with it.

mrhappy said:
I guess I'll just have to buy a new SD card then, does anyone have any recommendations as to a genuine, reliable 32gb card?
I recommend having a look over here:
http://pandorawiki.org/SD_compatibility_list
(a lot of answers can be found on the Pandorawiki, so it's always a good idea to browse around in there)

I think you should've started this discussion on the "I Need Help" forum though, since it's a bit unrelated to this emulator.

notaz said:
Ari64:
Code:
--- /tmp/new_dynarec.c	2011-06-07 01:25:05.525736007 +0300
+++ r4300/new_dynarec/new_dynarec.c	2011-01-28 04:59:33.000000000 +0200
@@ -9185,8 +9185,8 @@
         }
       }
       // Don't need stuff which is overwritten
-      if(regs[i].regmap[hr]!=regmap_pre[i][hr]) nr&=~(1<<hr);
-      if(regs[i].regmap[hr]<0) nr&=~(1<<hr);
+      //if(regs[i].regmap[hr]!=regmap_pre[i][hr]) nr&=~(1<<hr);
+      //if(regs[i].regmap[hr]<0) nr&=~(1<<hr);
       // Merge in delay slot
       for(hr=0;hr<HOST_REGS;hr++)
       {
gcc is telling me this code is reading above array bounds, and from what it looks like it's right, so I commented it out.
What did you have in mind here?
Whoops. It was intended to be similar to the non-branch case below, but I forgot the loop. As written, the code doesn't do anything. (It clears a bit which was never set.)

When you restart a level in Driver, the emulator freezes. I can hold the Pandora button to kill it, though. American version.

Silhouette Mirage doesn't work. The initial "Spaz" FMV plays, then it goes and stays black. I can still exit to the menu and load another game, though.

Has anyone played and completed Star Ocean 2 the second story?
It seems to crash on me whenever i want to view the ingame menu via pressing "Y"(triangle). Its listed on the wiki as "plays wells" and was wondering if anyone can help me sort this problem out I tried using both scph1001.bin and HLC.

Star Ocean is not a bios problem, the meu works if you disable dynarec, of course the game becomes unplayable. If the game worked for Custom Processing Unlimite could have been because he tryed in an older version of the emulator.

Although I will try with that bios, you never know.

For R9, can we have the ability to create, name, and swap memory cards at will? I think it'd kinda silly to be bound by memory card restrictions on a digital platform.

Blue Protoman said:
For R9, can we have the ability to create, name, and swap memory cards at will? I think it'd kinda silly to be bound by memory card restrictions on a digital platform.

That's a nice idea, rather like the PS3 allows for MemCard creation, naming, swapping etc. I would like to see something like that.

Blue Protoman said:
It can be done but I don't quite like coding GUI stuff, so maybe.

Some games freeze your input for a moment, locking it in place. Very annoying; this occurs in Soukyuu Gurentai, for instance. When you're playing, out of nowhere, your ship will keep going in whatever direction you were holding, even if you press another direction. Happens every minute or so. This also happens in Zanac X Zanac.

And Rage Racer doesn't have music in-game, despite being a good rip. One of the menus has music, though.

It's been a while, so I thought I'd post some sort of progress report.

Things that have been tackled:
  • Merge latest Ari64's code, restore parts of pass 7
  • CDDA audio - there were some problems with cdda handling and depending on CD image format tracks would not play not as intended, wrong tracks would play or nothing would play. At least part of these problems should be fixed now.
  • Vertical line of trash appearing on edge of screen for some games has been fixed
  • Threads of Fate - works now after r3k division by zero effects have been ported to recompiler.
  • Brave Fencer Musashi hang fixed (CD timing)
  • Team Buddies - again CD timing, but this one is nasty. It basically needs some reschedule hack, but that one breaks all the FMVs, so I made up another compatibility option :( . Timing in PCSX is quite rough so I couldn't get it to work without breaking other things.
  • ninja: shadow of darkness - black screen after 1st stage

Started but not finished:
  • Gun support - guncon investigated, shalma's code read, need to do own implementation for pandora..
  • Tenka memcards - fix available in pcsxr ngemu thread, need to check it (maybe validate it on hardware)
  • STAR WARS The Phantom Menace corruption - some investigation done, state uploaded to hardware recovers geometry, so it's not one-time corruption thing. Could not boot it on pcsxr at all for comparison.
  • Worlds Scariest Police Chase - works with interpreter so either dynarec problem or interface code to the emu core.

False reports/unknown:
  • Resident evil 2 speech hang - doesn't reproduce
  • Galerians - working fine?
  • Crash team racing crash when entering a race - LibCrypt protection, use .sub or .sbi to emulate the protection.
    It might look stupid that game is allowed to crash the emulator, but it's the way Ari64's recompiler handles jumps to undefined locations, I doubt it worth spending time trying to make it behave nicer.
  • Warcraft - can't see the resources statistics - seems fine, need more explanation

Todo:
  • merge newer pcsx4all GPU code
  • Gamera 2000 (JP) - voice
  • Tobal No.1 - PCSX4ALL gfx segfaults the emulator after showing the "Sony presents" screen
  • Driver - crash on level restart
  • Silhouette Mirage - crash after Spaz FMV
  • Star Ocean 2 the second story - ingame menu (triangle) crash
  • Final Doom - loading hang
  • Spyro "elevators" (same problem in pcsxr)
  • Rage Racer - no ingame music
  • Soukyuu Gurentai, Zanac X Zanac - freeze your input for a moment, happens every minute or so
  • Lunar: The silver star Story (US) - the selection indicator in the menus don't draw?
  • Syphon Filter 2 - crashes as soon as you assume control?
  • Zanac X Zanac - broken sound, gameplay crash
  • DonPachi / DoDonPachi
  • memcard manager?

Feel free to remind me if something is missing, I don't plan to go through this huge thread again.

- Brave Fencer Musashi hang fixed (CD timing)
- Team Buddies - again CD timing, but this one is nasty. It basically needs some reschedule hack, but that one breaks all the FMVs, so I made up another compatibility option :( . Timing in PCSX is quite rough so I couldn't get it to work without breaking other things.

notaz, you're the man! Thanks so much!!!

Back