Release Pcsx-Rearmed

Thanks for the new release, notaz!!! Is it just me or is Vivi's Fira fullspeed now?!?

- Tobal no.1 crashes at the loading screen.

There is a problem I am currently only experiencing in "Brave Fencer Musashi": I cannot seem to be able to save via savestate and I loose write access to my SD after I tried. I created savestates fine before in Team Buddies and R-Type Delta. Tryed it 4 times or so and it always happened.
(...but great anyway that EFM got fixed. Even though savestates worked before :) )

fusion_power

Advanced Member
Website
Visit site
I wish I could extract my PSX CD's - it just doesn't work with Nero. :( The iso files somehow don't work with the Emulator and Nero can't produce other formats it seems. What (Windows) Programs work and how?

notaz

Certified Guru
Website
notaz.gp2x.de
MooTheKow said:
On a completely random tangent -- you ever seen this guy's page? http://slack.net/~ant/libs/ntsc.html

If you're looking for a new (maybe quick?) project -- maybe you could get in contact him and integrate some of his filters into Picodrive :)
Picodrive is in a mess now and needs to be fixed, also it's source released..

Schnatterplatsch said:
- Tobal no.1 crashes at the loading screen.
Works for me, which region? Maybe verify CD image on PC emus.

Schnatterplatsch said:
There is a problem I am currently only experiencing in "Brave Fencer Musashi": I cannot seem to be able to save via savestate and I loose write access to my SD after I tried. I created savestates fine before in Team Buddies and R-Type Delta. Tryed it 4 times or so and it always happened.
(...but great anyway that EFM got fixed. Even though savestates worked before :) )
Sounds like your card got corrupted, probably unrelated to this emu, you should checkdisk in on a PC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prometheus

notaz said:
Prometheus should be happy to see fully working Tron Bonne, which I managed to support without trashing performance.
I truly never thought I'd see the day... Thankyou so much, notaz. You are a legend.

Your timing is impeccable, incidentally - a lot of people are lamenting The Misadventures of Tron Bonne's emulation problems at the moment, in light of the events surrounding the cancellation of MegaMan Legends 3.

Thankyou, again. :)

#1 GameMaster

Website
Visit site
fusion_power said:
Blue Protoman said:
Try Alcohol 120%?
OK, I'll try. ^^
If that don't work try out ImgBurn. That's what I ripped all of mine with and make sure that you rip them as a .bin or .img because I don't think that the ISO files get everything that is needed to work.

@notaz you did really awesome work from the last build to now I have tested all the games I had problems with and here are the results.

Spyro - the spiral air-lifts are now showing which is great.
Jet Moto 2 & 1Xtreme - now has music working.
All Tomb Raiders - work now where only the last 2 worked before.
Ape Escape - works just don't use PCSX4ALL as the GPU because when you go to start a stage it crashes.
Cool Borders 2 - I still don't get music for some reason.
Brave Fencer Musashi - now works
Threads of Fate - now works (no more walking into an invisible wall :D )

Those were all the games that I had trouble with before this release because I have tested several others and they all work. All games except Ape Escape I have been running them with the PCSX4ALL plugin and they all work at 600MHZ at full speed. Ape Escape I use the built-in plugin and clock to 700MHZ and turn on frame skip and it runs almost perfect. So once again thank you a lot for all your hard work that you put into this Notaz. ;)

Asmo

Advanced Member
Just to confirm - all Tomb Raiders (PAL) worked for me before, but with this R9 release the inventory/weapons bug that hit TR1 from Natla's Mines level is definitely fixed now!

I didn't even notice that I'd deleted my configs, when I was playing Driver I thought it was smoother than before - when I had it at 750mhz. Then I noticed it was running at 600. Big improvement!

A+

ari64

Magic Emulator Fairy
Code:
@@ -2929,6 +2941,19 @@ inline_writestub(int type, int i, u_int addr, signed char regmap[], int target,
   }
   //emit_pusha();
   save_regs(reglist);
+#ifndef PCSX
+  // rearmed note: load_all_consts prevents BIOS boot, some bug?
Well, yes... This code is supposed to handle a pagefault. It writes all the values out to the register file so that they will be in the proper state when entering the interrupt handler, but doesn't keep the pre-calculated address pointers for the case where a page fault does not occur. For that, you'd need to call wb_consts, as in the function do_writestub.

Loon

notaz said:
All in all I'm quite happy with this release. The main missing piece now is GPU code that would be both accurate and fast and a working GLES plugin for enhanced graphics.
Oh my word, that sounds like quite an undertaking.

Huge thanks for all the great work on r9. :D