Release Pcsx-Rearmed

TitanUranus said:
If I notice more, do you want to know, or are you at the "I wish the moaning bastards would shut up" stage of development?
Keep on reporting, things will never get fixed if no one reports (but that doesn't mean I will fix everything, I still don't know what's wrong with Spyro missing graphics, for example).

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.zodttd.com/wp/2011/04/psx4droid-3-0-0-is-out-download-here-self-published/

LOL, at least he isnt charging for it this time.

Zodttd must not have read this on the front page - "* even though I have no physical or legal means to enforce it, I'd like to state that Zodttd is not welcome to use any of my code from this project (including Ari64's dynarec modifications) due to personal reasons. "

notaz, I guess you want to read from that : http://www.zodttd.com/wp/2011/04/psx4droid-3-0-0-is-out-download-here-self-published/
source included :)

jonlad1 said:

Zodttd must not have read this on the front page - "* even though I have no physical or legal means to enforce it, I'd like to state that Zodttd is not welcome to use any of my code from this project (including Ari64's dynarec modifications) due to personal reasons. "

zodttd has read it.. notaz doesn't have a problem so long as the license is properly abided. But I don't think the way he's doing it, making the core a library and using closed UI stuff on top, is really compliant. Needs to probably make this a standalone executable that dynamically links the GUI elements.. and making them optional (and command-line driven otherwise) wouldn't be a bad idea.

Exophase said:
jonlad1 said:

zodttd has read it.. notaz doesn't have a problem so long as the license is properly abided. But I don't think the way he's doing it, making the core a library and using closed UI stuff on top, is really compliant. Needs to probably make this a standalone executable that dynamically links the GUI elements.. and making them optional (and command-line driven otherwise) wouldn't be a bad idea.

I didn't see that note at the bottom originally. Hopefully through my compliance this personal issue will no longer be the case. To answer why I packaged things the way I did, on Android the UI is in Java and was originally written by Yongzh. Yong requested I keep his UI framework closed source. Android Java applications must call a shared object / dynamic library for accessing any C/C++ compiled code. It lands up "just working" as is, handling all requests.

Very well done Notaz. :)

Thanks,
ZodTTD

Ah, I didn't know that the NDK'd stuff has to be through SOs, but I guess that sorta goes without saying. Still, maybe there should be a separate distribution of just the core, so people can reproduce/update it independently.

hello notaz

You can fix sound in figtht psx game bloody roar, soul blade, tekken 3, kensei ....

Graphic and speed is very nice but sound bug

Thanks
Laurent

Just FYI, in Tomb Raider (PAL, BIN/CUE) everything works well in R8 up until the 'Natlas Mines' level.
When you have made the boat from the level start move back giving you access to an area full of white Natla crates, you enter an area through here where there is a large lava pit and your Indiana Jones-esque nemesis runnin around shooting you.
At this point you have no guns, and if you try to see your inventory (once you trigger his apearance) the game hangs. You cant use any health packs. You can still pass this point by dropping over the ledge where there is a save point in the lava pit - if you save and quit the emulator, then reload it you will be able to progress again - if you trigger the enemy again, same problem.
Same thing when you face the skateboard guy a short time later, and once again when you reach the Pyramid wall near the level end - once again your nemesis is running about shooting you, you cant use your inventory to use health, and you can't complete the level because once you get the key to the door, using it calls up your inventory and... CRASH!

At least it happens after the best levels.

zodttd said:
I didn't see that note at the bottom originally. Hopefully through my compliance this personal issue will no longer be the case. To answer why I packaged things the way I did, on Android the UI is in Java and was originally written by Yongzh. Yong requested I keep his UI framework closed source. Android Java applications must call a shared object / dynamic library for accessing any C/C++ compiled code. It lands up "just working" as is, handling all requests.

Very well done Notaz. :)

Thanks,
ZodTTD

Good friend of that yongzh, are you? Great guy to take someone elses hard work and sell it, what? Y're of that kind too, aren't you?

You have a nice big "Donate" button there, too. Of course 98% of the donations will go to those who spend monthes(and years) on this, not just a week I suppose. Of course.

I already hoped you left forever. :angry:

Hey notaz,

Since you removed pass 7 in the dynarec, you might want to re-add the part that marks the instruction after conditional branches as a branch target. This will avoid a recompile upon return from interrrupt (if the branch was not taken).

notaz said:
TitanUranus said:
If I notice more, do you want to know, or are you at the "I wish the moaning bastards would shut up" stage of development?
Keep on reporting, things will never get fixed if no one reports (but that doesn't mean I will fix everything, I still don't know what's wrong with Spyro missing graphics, for example).
I hope you don't take my comments that way I was just asking about it since I had to send my pandora back and during that time 2 versions were released and I just wanted to know if it was fixed.

I have noticed something else though, when I tried to play Brave Fencer Musashi doesn't work anymore It seems that when it goes to go to a cut seen that it freezes. It will show the castle in the beginning but once it goes to show the people talking it just goes black, so then I tried it by just skipping that cut scene and it shows Chapter 1 and then goes black there too. I also tried every GPU and I ripped into different formats to try them but no luck.

A bit off topic:

notaz said:
* even though I have no physical or legal means to enforce it, I'd like to state that Zodttd is not welcome to use any of my code from this project (including Ari64's dynarec modifications) due to personal reasons.

Well, he went ahead and used it anyway :(

ZODTTD said:
In the meantime, I’m exploring 3rd party markets and I have decided to make psx4droid free, based it on the open source software PCSX-ReARMed by Notaz, and made it compliant.

Exophase said:
zodttd has read it.. notaz doesn't have a problem so long as the license is properly abided.
Yeah, I'm fine with the way he did it this time. Well, except all the rebranding, making it look like an updated version when in reality it has very little in common with the "old version".

lolo1977 said:
You can fix sound in figtht psx game bloody roar, soul blade, tekken 3, kensei ....

Could you describe the "sound bug" a bit more?

Asmo said:
Same thing when you face the skateboard guy a short time later, and once again when you reach the Pyramid wall near the level end - once again your nemesis is running about shooting you, you cant use your inventory to use health, and you can't complete the level because once you get the key to the door, using it calls up your inventory and... CRASH!
A savestate before (not after) it happens would help.

Ari64 said:
Since you removed pass 7 in the dynarec, you might want to re-add the part that marks the instruction after conditional branches as a branch target. This will avoid a recompile upon return from interrrupt (if the branch was not taken).
Will do, thanks for looking.

notaz said:
Exophase said:
zodttd has read it.. notaz doesn't have a problem so long as the license is properly abided.
Yeah, I'm fine with the way he did it this time. Well, except all the rebranding, making it look like an updated version when in reality it has very little in common with the "old version".

lolo1977 said:

Could you describe the "sound bug" a bit more?

Asmo said:

Ari64 said:
Will do, thanks for looking.

Hello Notaz

The sound on fight game psx is buggy

Bloody roar 2 and tekken 3 The music sizzles and very nasal a lot (sorry translation with reverso)

SoulBlade The music run but buckle

Thanks
laurent

notaz said:
Asmo said:
your nemesis is running about shooting you, you cant use your inventory to use health, and you can't complete the level because once you get the key to the door, using it calls up your inventory and... CRASH!

Ok, here it is:

http://www.graphite9.com/CinemaDownloads/TOMBRAIDER-sles00024.009

This is where it first happens.
As soon as that state is loaded, hit Select to see your inventory (you can't produce a weapon at this point, they've all been taken)- it works. Walk forward and to the right to trigger the enemy, when he starts shooting at you any attempt to access the inventory makes the game hang.

Medievil II crashes after you go to start game. What happens is you hit X to start new game and then you here the skeleton do his laugh/chuckle and as it starts fading out it just stops. You can still see just a little bit of the start menu and the button commands are still visible.

Playing Final Fantasy Tactics, using R8, at 750mhz, under Hotfix 5. Just reporting a few bugs.

The music plays perfectly, but incidental sounds like the background raindrops in the first battle and other minor sound effects are more "tinkly" than they are supposed to be. The rain normally sounds like dull rain drops on matted leaves, and in R8, they sound a bit like musical plinks. They are the right overall volume. This happens all the time, but if I hadn't just seen the actual game on the PS3, I might not have known it was wrong.

The background map intermittently doesn't display in the map view. It will still display the dots for towns, sprites for characters and the menu system overlaying. Switching into the menu or out of the menu will redraw the map. This happens less than one in ten menu views or town visitations.

Within the menus for learning new traits and spells, and the menus for equipping items, sometimes the text doesn't clear correctly from previous menus. Thus, it will say I could equip something like: Iron Sword, Blind Dagger, Monk, Priest. Backing out a screen and entering it again will clear this up. This happens with the same frequency as the background map display bug.

The gameplay is overall quite smooth, and it's an awesome play on the Pandora. There are no bugs in the fighting, though some of the complex summons slow down a bit. The bugs are intermittent enough to not interfere with the play. The game does not save to memory card, but save state works. Thanks for all your hard work. Hope this report helps.

Back