Release Pcsx-Rearmed

Lobo said:
This emu sucks! I turned on dualshock analog support and there was absolutely NO vibration in the game! VERY disappointed :(

Just kidding. Great work Notaz: I just racked up 10 hours of FF IX this week :)

How does FFIX run for you? I've tried it with r8, and while everything is fullspeed, when spells are cast in battle the speed slows to a crawl. Really wanna play this on my Pandora, so I was wondering if you've done some settings tweaks? I'm running it at 800mhz on standard settings with the SCPH - 7502 BIOS files.

Last edited by a moderator:
For ff9 you have to use the pcsx gpu plugin, or else magic and eidolons will slow your Pandora down pretty bad. Even with the faster plugin there will be slowdowns, but after a few casts of magic it shouldn't be too bad. Still summons are causing major slowdowns ... even with overclocking as high as 1ghz.

Ah cheers, that helped a little bit. Still slows down while loading battles and casting spells, but not as much. I've played about an hour and a half of it so far, but I might stop playing it soon because the speed decreases are a bit annoying. The first hour of the game isn't very battle heavy at all and it's a joy to play on the Pandora then. Do you think it's plausible FFIX will ever run flawlessly on the Pandora?

Dunno exactly, but it seems the slowdowns are caused by effectes featuring translucent textures. Maybe a good version of the GLES plugin will do the trick.

Barnaby said:
Do you think it's plausible FFIX will ever run flawlessly on the Pandora?

I could see it running full speed, seeing as how there are so many games that already work so well. Optimizations to the graphics would probably really help. (Both the plugin and the SGX driver)

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Barnaby said:
Do you think it's plausible FFIX will ever run flawlessly on the Pandora?

I could see it running full speed, seeing as how there are so many games that already work so well. Optimizations to the graphics would probably really help. (Both the plugin and the SGX driver)

-God Ginrai

I'm hoping now that we have a clear leader in the Playstation emulator front, that Tinnus will resurface and be able to work on the graphics plugin -- I believe he was waiting to see how it would pan out between emulators.

I suppose it's worth noting, though I think the lack of information may not make this a worthwhile post since I doubt I'll remember to be back for a few days.

Mega Man Legends - If you load a savestate and then quickly leave the area the emulator closes.

The second issue is a bit harder to pin down. Rarely does this come up, but I've had areas load and then everything is really slow. Exiting the area and coming back and they run smoothly again. I've been unable to reproduce this issue.

I'm using r8, my Pandora is running hotfix 5 with the community pack. MML is the USA version. Anyways, night all and I hope to be back sometime to see if there is any more to report.

Forgot to mention, I'm loving this emulator. Ran through Diablo on r7, and most of the way again on r8 (so much harder with the sorcerer, PS1 version the targeting is abysmal compared to PC). I'm now running through MML for the first time, and really enjoying the game.

Is there any hope to get the opengl plugin working? I have tested some games with it and they look gorgeus, almost seem PC versions.

The last I remember about the topic is that Notaz wouldn't work on it but maybe I'm confused.

Residend Evil 2 is not working :(

It starts okay, but when I enter the first room (after spawning on the street) and animation with the guy with crossbow starts it just hangs and begins to loop the same animation over and over again and nothing can be done to skip it :(

Is there a way to fix it?

looking forward to that plugin too... the PCSX4ALL plugin seems to handle a lot of games better than the standard plugin, but I still get hangs here and there and Einhander seems to not play at all... I'm sure it's the GPU plugin, but I could be wrong. Where is the best place to report experiences with games with this emulator? I have a short list I'd like to drop.

Custom Processing Unlimite said:
Where is the best place to report experiences with games with this emulator? I have a short list I'd like to drop.
Here - that way, when he's back from his break, notaz will surely see it.

GuchaRU said:
Residend Evil 2 is not working :(

It starts okay, but when I enter the first room (after spawning on the street) and animation with the guy with crossbow starts it just hangs and begins to loop the same animation over and over again and nothing can be done to skip it :(

Is there a way to fix it?

Resi 2 certainly works well in prior revisions of the emu, Under r6-7 resi plays beyond this point and well into the police station areas etc, so you could(?) run a PND from the second SD card of an older version, as the appdata folder names are always the same, so its not possible otherwise.

edit: unless you rename the current r8 appdata folder and then run an older version of the PND and rename that one when you arent playing resi2 etc. That way you can use multiple versions (with best compatibility for a certain game) from a single SD card but of course its a hassle.

Chaser, so, ummm, you are saying that I should try older version? Because now I have r8 which is latest, and the same problem was with r7 also.

Yes, try an earlier version. I see notaz has now added all the versions to the first post of this thread, which is very useful, thankyou. Under r6 it's fine (just tested it) and I wrote the r1 entry for E and U versions of the game on the compat list back then, so r1 for sure aswell, as I used that to get to the borrowed moment from Jaws with the enormous smiling crocodile wearing an awfully leary hat! :)

I have the same issue with r8 for Resident Evil 2 (PAL German SLES-00974),
tried r7 ,r6 ,r5 (did not work) and with r4 RE2 works for me if i set in the Emulator
"Region" to Pal.

My second SD Card has Pcsx-Rearmed r8 with the icon on the Desktop,
and my first SD Card has Pcsx-Rearmed r4 with the icon in the Menu
for playing Resident Evil 2 :)

by the way thank you notaz for the amazing/excellent Emulator :lol:

check your sound plugin settings... best way to tweak on the fly would be to save state right before you get to that point then load after tweaking settings to see if any combination of settings gets you past that point... then save those settings for that game (should be the option right below "save global settings")...

will have to get a copy myself and see how it responds on mine... will further eliminate the possibility of it being an issue only on a few units if more people test/try it out... we can just triage till notaz gets a chance to check it out...

thoro said:
First of all - thank you very much for this great emulator.

I just bought Metal Gear Solid (German PAL version) and started to play it on PSX reARMed :) .
It's running great but an area of 4 pixels that belongs to the right side of the screen is visible on the left side.
It's missing fb alignemnt handling in the emu, might fix this in the next version.

Korlithiel said:
I suppose it's worth noting, though I think the lack of information may not make this a worthwhile post since I doubt I'll remember to be back for a few days.

Mega Man Legends - If you load a savestate and then quickly leave the area the emulator closes.
It would help if you could upload that savestate.

asimov-solensan said:
Is there any hope to get the opengl plugin working? I have tested some games with it and they look gorgeus, almost seem PC versions.

The last I remember about the topic is that Notaz wouldn't work on it but maybe I'm confused.
What you remember is right. There are some GLES people on this forum but all of them have their own projects already.

GuchaRU said:
But no luck with RE2 :(
Confirming as a bug, wait for next version.

notaz said:
asimov-solensan said:

What you remember is right. There are some GLES people on this forum but all of them have their own projects already.
Is that what you were talking about early when you said that you couldn't fix the updrafts in Spyro the Dragon?

Back