Release Pcsx-Rearmed

Has anyone managed to get Brave Fencer Musashi to work on. If so let me now how. I can get it to load and it will start, show the castle but as soon as it goes to show people talking it then crashes/ closes out, so I tried skipping that scene and it still crashes after showing the first levels title.

Okay, found another bug with Suikoden 2:

If you savestate in a dungeon, the emulator crash back to your desktop after your next battle. Once you leave the dungeon, that doesn't happen anymore, so it's savestate related.

The same thing happens though after you fight the very last boss (the Beast Rune).
Once you finish the fight, it crashes to desktop.

#1 GameMaster said:
Has anyone managed to get Brave Fencer Musashi to work on. If so let me now how. I can get it to load and it will start, show the castle but as soon as it goes to show people talking it then crashes/ closes out, so I tried skipping that scene and it still crashes after showing the first levels title.
Known problem, emu bug.

EvilDragon said:
Okay, found another bug with Suikoden 2:

If you savestate in a dungeon, the emulator crash back to your desktop after your next battle. Once you leave the dungeon, that doesn't happen anymore, so it's savestate related.
A savestate before entering the dungeon would help.

Last edited by a moderator:
notaz said:
#1 GameMaster said:
Known problem, emu bug.
Thanks for the reply I was just wondering because I thought someone mentioned getting it working but couldn't find it.

Hitting a random weird issue while playing Symphony of the Night. It seems that every now and then after playing the same for a while that the game's framerate (or maybe entire speed of the game?) slows down a bit. I think it's just the animation that gets a bit choppy - don't recall the music being affected. If I enter/exit the emulators menu (hitting space) and then exit - everything returns to running silky smooth.

Anyone else seen any behavior like this?

I cannot seem to get Brave Fencer Mushashi to run properly. The game starts, ich can select "start", the Intro begins to play, but after zooming to the castle the emu stays black. The FPS continue to change behind the comma though. I tried this without the dynarec and it stops playing to an earlier point, I believe.

Additionally to the bug above, Team Buddies stops at the loadingbar. Emu still reacts though. Running it without dynarec now, loads, but slow as hell.(EDIT nevermind it stops too)

Any chance of fixing these notaz? Maybe I'm just using bad dumps... At least Brave fencer is reported to work in the compability list. Come on someone test Team Buddies, that game is worth it. :)

Yeah I'm looking at those compatibility issues slowly. There are some other projects and real life stuff going on, so it will take a while until next version is ready.

notaz originally posted at talk.maemo ,impeham: performance is very good and Ninja is finally working - but after finishing 1st stage it gets stuck with a black screen.
savestate for this moment: http://cid-78456164d61e92d1.office.live.com/self.aspx/EveryOne/NinjaSaveState.zip

Wohoo, just played 2 hours of FF9 :) I haven't played that long without interruption for ages now!

Well, I start repeating myself, but it just has to be said: notaz you are so fucking awesome, thank you so much for making this!!!

Hello, i have a Question about Pcsx-Rearmed , is it possible to start the emulator without Memory Cards or with
only one Memory Card ?

I asked this because i can't play the first person shooter "Lifeforce Tenka" (aka: Codename Tenka).
The Game starts with Pcsx-Rearmed r8, Sound and the Videos works but i can't get to pass the screen
who shows me this Text: "Please remove one of the Memory Cards" .

I have made a Screenshot of this:

On the PC Emulator ePSXe (1.60) i can start the Emulator without Memory Cards with this Command:
" ePSXe.exe -nomemcard " and in Game i can save with Savestats for playing Lifeforce Tenka.

I've tried to delete the Memcard files on the Pandora, but after starting Pcsx-Rearmed there are new
created Memcard files :( and the Game is not playable with two Memory Cards.

Greetings. Shao

There is no such possibility currently, might add to some later version.
Weird game, why would it ever want to require that..

Hi notaz.
Thanks for all your hard work on this GREAT emulator!!!
Best app so far...

Just found a strange bug:
While playing WipeOut 2 or XL (US versions) in NTSC mode i get full 60fps (which looks nice and smoothly)
BUT most of the time its terrible slow. looks and plays like in slowmotion with 60fps! Unplayable!!
After changing to PAL mode everything is fullspeed as it should be. But only 50 fps. (Doesnt look so nice.)

Tried HLE and all bios versions, all gpu plugins, all settings. (OC to 800 MHz)
Is there a known problem with frame skipping or PAL/NTSC detection? Does anyone else having those problems?
Just wondering because all other games are fine.

Thanks again!
cheers, nic

edit: Problem only exists in newest release

Shaokahn said:
Hello, i have a Question about Pcsx-Rearmed , is it possible to start the emulator without Memory Cards or with
only one Memory Card ?

If the mem card files are stored in a seperate directory, you could try deleting one mem card file, then setting the permissions for that directory to read only (including root - use "sudo thunar" in terminal to open file manager with root privelages). This might prevent PCSX-Rearmed from creating and using a second memory card. If it works, try saving a savestate after you get past that screen, then reinstating the correct r/w privelages to the directory.

I thought of this last night but for some reason I couldn't post. Anyway, hope it works for you, let us know.

Thank you for the nice tip but it doesn't work for me :(
I have startet Thunar in the Terminal with "sudo thunar" and tried to change
the permissions for the directory "memcards" but it will not change .
( path is /media/SDCARD/pandora/appdata/pcsx_rearmed/.pcsx/memcards/ )

the properties for the directory are:
Code:
memcards - Properties

Owner: root (root)
Access: Read & Write

Group: root
Access: Read & Write

Others: Read & Write

are there terminal commands to change the permissions without Thunar ?
In my home directory i can change the permissions for other directory's,
but on my SD Card i can't change it.

Thank you. :)

@ Shaokhan: use xfe or emelfm PNDs to change the permissions... thunar has always been bad at saving permissions changes for files or folders... I'd go with xfe, because it has a button in the ribbon at the top for "opening as root" and I can confirm that works...

thank you, i've tried it with xfe and it works nicely to change
the premissions for the directory "memcards"
i've set it to read only.

at first i have deleted the file "card2.mcd" and after that i set
the premission for the directory to read only, then i started pcsx-rearmed to show if
the emulator is able to creat a new memcard file, now pcsx-rearmed is not able to creat
a new second memory card ,there are still only the first card in the directory ,but
when i start the game "lifeforce tenka" it still shows me the screen with:
"please remove one of the memory cards" :( .

tried this also with deleting all two memory cards and set the premissions to read only,
but it doesn't work for the game. the emulator still thinks there are two memory cards inserted

Very sad, but thank you all for the nice help to try out this :)

does this game require the same on an actual playstation? just seems odd, as you can't really get far in an RPG without a memory card and save points... Could be a bad rip too... just eliminating all the external possibilities for errors... if any others come to mind, I'll post them...

Back