Release Pcsx-Rearmed

I prefer small frequent updates as well.

We should have a standard mhz that we all test at. I imagine that Notaz's goal is full speed at 600, so I'll be doing my testing there and overclocking as needed.

a few more:

Spiderman 2 - loads the splash screens for marvel, activision, and vicarious visions and then dumps to the desktop, same happens if you click past the splash screens

Gundum Battle Assault 2 - does not load at all, black screen of death

Megaman Legends - loads to the capcom splash screen and hangs there with some very bad sound glitches. If you wait long enough, the game actually loads "behind" the hung capcom screen and the sound clears up to where you can hear the intro playing (@850mhz). However, all you see is the hung capcom screen and the buttons do nothing.

Love the videos Mr Miyagi! I caught your post from Pandora which couldn't play them in my impatience and was like "Tekken 3' WTF?", as I had tested that and on PSX4Pandora its always never ran!

So out with my own PAL copy and CloneCD and low and behold the (E) version I'd downloaded, was infact not PAL but NTSC. WOW it runs and very nicely at 800 and even better at 1ghz, so what about PSX4Pandora?

Well turns out PAL runs there too but 1ghz is needed to get near 800mhz on PCSX and the sound is more stuttered!

Still I am gobsmacked and thanks for the heads up....yet what about Tekken 2 then?.... (clone..clone)......
...."Aw shucks its still attack of the mutant sea urchins"

Can Vagrant Story be fixed for me so characters are more than a shadow on the floor and occasional cameos from the screen edges......tune in

EDIT : I tested everything above at 800mhz as I do for N64, as that was the sweet spot for Mario64 and in theory most Pandora's will hit that, though if full speed at 600mhz is ever possible then I'm all for that.

^Do my eyes fool me, or are that really only 500MHZ for Spyro? Amazing, notaz you rock so much!!!

Schnatterplatsch said:
^Do my eyes fool me, or are that really only 500MHZ for Spyro? Amazing, notaz you rock so much!!!

... and that's what he calls unoptimized :D
I see bright times coming :D

Last edited:
Unuptimized, didnt saw he wrote that....thats crazy. :)

Spyro and GTA is already some of my favorite games on this emulator.

I hope that future updates somehow can fix Vib Ribbon and Carmageddon so they will work

Any one knows how to send a donation to Notaz?

notaz said:
Ari64 said:
There shouldn't be any reason to call both STORE*_STUB and INVCODE_STUB, unless there is code at addresses that aren't in normal RAM.

I think the right solution would be to change the return address of the first stub, so that only one or the other is called.
Yeah, I'm already relying on this in memhandlers though.
This works for me...
Code:
--- ../Mupen64Plus-1-5-src-arm-20101026/r4300/new_dynarec/new_dynarec.c	2010-10-26 12:50:30.000000000 -0400
+++ r4300/new_dynarec/new_dynarec.c	2010-12-28 15:38:17.202274651 -0500
@@ -3027,11 +3027,6 @@
     }
     type=STORED_STUB;
   }
-  if(jaddr) {
-    add_stub(type,jaddr,(int)out,i,addr,(int)i_regs,ccadj[i],reglist);
-  } else if(!memtarget) {
-    inline_writestub(type,i,constmap[i][s]+offset,i_regs->regmap,rs2[i],ccadj[i],reglist);
-  }
   if(!using_tlb) {
     if(!c||memtarget) {
       #ifdef DESTRUCTIVE_SHIFT
@@ -3051,6 +3046,11 @@
       add_stub(INVCODE_STUB,jaddr2,(int)out,reglist|(1<<HOST_CCREG),addr,0,0,0);
     }
   }
+  if(jaddr) {
+    add_stub(type,jaddr,(int)out,i,addr,(int)i_regs,ccadj[i],reglist);
+  } else if(c&&!memtarget) {
+    inline_writestub(type,i,constmap[i][s]+offset,i_regs->regmap,rs2[i],ccadj[i],reglist);
+  }
   //if(opcode[i]==0x2B || opcode[i]==0x3F)
   //if(opcode[i]==0x2B || opcode[i]==0x28)
   //if(opcode[i]==0x2B || opcode[i]==0x29)

Last edited by a moderator:
Megaman x4 - good at 600, great at 700

Suikoden 2 - I also get the menu text glitches that ED got, game is playable at 600 but runs great at 850. I also could not load a saved game, I created one fine but when I tried to continue from the save, it says "can not load" and "loading error"

Wild Arms 2 - loads start screen and then hangs on a black screen when you try to start a game

Star Ocean 2 - ran great at 600 until I got to the first save point. Attempting to save took me to a black screen and froze the emulator and/or pandora, I had to reset.

Played trough the first 4 robot bosses in megaman 8. Very good and constant speed at 800 mhz. But I cannot save to memorycard. It says the game is not recognized correctly.

ok time for first bugfix release. No speed improvements and still lots of broken stuff though.

http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pcsxr/pcsx_rearmed_r2.pnd

Warning: if you are using memcards move them from appdata/pcsx_rearmed/memcards/ appdata/pcsx_rearmed/.pcsx/memcards/ as that was their intended location that did not work because path was not set correctly.

Changelog:
  • fixed memcard paths
  • fixed a keybind copy-paste bug
  • properly implemented pad handling
    (inputs no longer controls both emulated pads at once)
  • fixed a crash caused by framebuffer out of range access
  • fixed SWL/SWR handling (usually resulted in graphic glitches)
  • fixed BxxZAL (Medal of Honor)
  • fixed alignment crash in color space conversion code (Lunar)
  • fixed SWC2 occasional use of wrong address register (Parasite Eve)
  • fixed firstfile() handling in HLE BIOS (broken memory cards in some games)
  • added per-game configs (controls still not saved though)
  • added simple plugin select interface to the menu

I'm heading out the door to pick up jr. from daycare, but I will try as soon as I get back. None of the games I tried are on your bug fix list, but I will retry, and see if anything was improved on my list.

Thanks for this super fast update Notaz, it's greatly appreciated. Hopefully more users will get to try this great emu over the next few weeks with those 350 units shipping soon.

Chris

crow_riot said:
i'm just wondering... you said you've integrated the PEOPS software gpu plugin, would it be worth the effort porting one of the GL plugins to use GLES ?
Don't want to mess with GL yet, but plugin interface should be working and somebody else showed interest already.

EvilDragon said:
Schnatterplatsch said:
... and that's what he calls unoptimized :D
I see bright times coming :D
Well it's surely optimized already, the MIPS core emulation won't get much better then it is now, however GPU/SPU/GTE has lots of potential.

Ari64 said:
This works for me...
thanks, will include in next build.

Hey - great stuff Notaz! Thanks for the quick turnaround! Lunar fix is working great.

Just a heads up that the game Alundra (US Versino 1.1) still locks up (i.e. can't access menu) on the initial loading screen when you attempt to start a new game.

Alright, just ran threw my list again, and many games run the exact same, but a few now work that didn't before.

The Street Fighter Collection bug, is now gone. So now the game doesn't select 1 and 2 players at once.

Blasto, Silent Bomber, and Tomba had graphical glitches before, but now run. Blasto, and Tomba run very slow though, even at 800, but Silent Bomber now runs about as good as it did on our other PS1 emu. Silent Bomber has glitchy sound, but is playable.

I didn't notice any games that are now broke that ran before, so that is very good. I look forward to your next update Notaz, as I'm sure even more games will run. R-Type Delta and Einhander get my votes. ;)

Edit:Also Parasite Eve seems to be running now also.

Chris

notaz said:
ok time for first bugfix release. No speed improvements and still lots of broken stuff though.

http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pcsxr/pcsx_rearmed_r2.pnd

Great Notaz thanks for the nice update.

My small list of game tests:

Disruptor - Now works fine, crashed before.

Einhander - Still locks up at WAIT... :(

Medievil - used to lock right away, now goes all of the way to the game then freezes. Getting better there.

Raystorm - Used to get to intro then lock up part of the way through, Now locks instantly though, I get nothing not even a title screen now. This one seems to have gotten "worse" although it wasn't playable before but it got farther.

Thanks again for the great work.

Back