Release Pale Moon

This is strange.  I am reading, and seeing links to youtube videos, about Pale Moon on Pandoras while using Pale Moon on my Pandora.  Not sure why I even thought about it, or why it seems odd.  I suppose it would be more noteworthy if I was actually watching the youtube videos about watching youtube videos with Pale Moon on a Pandora on youtube with Pale Moon on my Pandora.

I still really like this browser, but it doesn't seem to like when I try to go to certain threads, especially those with (a few) videos.

Last edited by a moderator:
My english is not good enough to understand your Post right.

Are there Ironics inside? :huh:

I just want to find the "best Settings" for Palemoon on the Pandora.

Now work Youtube good enough for me and i think some others want it too ;)

When you mean the Ironic that you see on your Pandora over Youtube a Video watching a Youtube Video on the Pandora,then are you right ^_^

More Ironic was to activate the Pandora in Minecraft on the Pandora itself :lol:

Edit:

Ah i understand now,please try to use my Tips and it should be work better with Videos :rolleyes:

No matter whcih browser, I can't watch Youtube Videos propperly on my Pandora, WiFi is just to slow. And for whatever reason, the Videos do not cache when they run, I have to stop the videos so that they continue to cache, weird behaviour over all browsers.  Standalone Flash Players (the tube...) are not much better. But It's good that others seems to don't have these problems. Maybe my Pandora is just to old (CC classic) and has a "bad" wifi chip.

Why not get one of the Edimax external wifi USB adaptors? It works out of the box and seems to offer better speed and reliability than the built in chip. They're very cheap too...

No matter whcih browser, I can't watch Youtube Videos propperly on my Pandora, WiFi is just to slow. And for whatever reason, the Videos do not cache when they run, I have to stop the videos so that they continue to cache, weird behaviour over all browsers.  Standalone Flash Players (the tube...) are not much better. But It's good that others seems to don't have these problems. Maybe my Pandora is just to old (CC classic) and has a "bad" wifi chip.
Try to search a video with any browser and download it with http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=package.get-flash-videos. Then watch it with SMPlayer 2. Works perfect for me.

Try to search a video with any browser and download it with http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=package.get-flash-videos. Then watch it with SMPlayer 2. Works perfect for me.
There's TheTube as well. Much better.

There's TheTube as well. Much better.
Didn't work for me. Furthermore getflashvideos works for other sites, too. ;)

^Odd TheTube works great even on my CC pandora, I know an older version had issues when Youtube made an API change or something.

Why not get one of the Edimax external wifi USB adaptors? It works out of the box and seems to offer better speed and reliability than the built in chip. They're very cheap too...
I have a WiFi stick but it does not work on the Pandora. I also don't use the Pandora that much anymore to buy a new stick.
Does not help much if you only get ~50kb/s download. ;) And I'm pretty impatient. Downloading videos to watch them on my Pyra also doesn't make sense because I would have to download them on my PC where I can watch youtube just fine. I watch alot of Let's Plays so the PC is the better choice anyways. Simple web broswing of course is fine on the Pandora.I guess I better wait for the Pyra and hope the WiFi will be better there.

When I had my old router the 1Ghz Pandora was significantly faster streaming Youtube using The Tube,

I even used to set up my Pandora as Youtube player for my TV.

now I have a new W-Lan router and I can barely watch 240P Streams on the fly.

I guess I am still pretty lucky with the 192 KBps I get sometimes with transmission.

Does not help much if you only get ~50kb/s download. ;)
Yes unfortunaly the lowest Bitrate in Youtube is 144p, 12fps, 80 kb/s
That does just mean you have to wait 37,5% of the length of the video before watching is. E.g. for a 22 minute video, that would be 8:15 minutes.I think, this is fine. Better than watching no videos at all. ;)

However... Did I mention, that my pandora has the most stable network of all my wifi devices? And I download stuff with up to 800 Kb/s? :>

I prefer to watch the Videos at least in 480p on my PC, that's by the way the maximum bitrate, my slow T-Online DSL 2000 can handle. And Youtube actualy only preloads some seconds and then stops if you stop the video. You can't preload an entire Video anymore in Youtube, these days are over since years. ;)

However... Did I mention, that my pandora has the most stable network of all my wifi devices? And I download stuff with up to 800 Kb/s? :>
Your settings pls, (on Pandora/Router, which kind of router etc.)? ^^
I have a FritzBox 3270 with these WiFi settings, pretty normal actualy, nothing the Pandora can't handle:

Your settings pls, (on Pandora/Router, which kind of router etc.)? ^^
I have a FritzBox 3270 with these WiFi settings, pretty normal actualy, nothing the Pandora can't handle:

At home I use two routers (my apartment is just too big :p ), one uses 2,4Ghz on channel 6, the other one 2,4Ghz on channel 7. My routers are not able to make such fancy graphics. However even at work and in the university the wlan works very well.
So I think it is very Pandora related, not router related.

The Pandora settings are default. Sometimes I deactivate the power saving, but quite seldom. The software/firmware is always up2date.

I also think it'ss pure Pandora releated because on my PC the WiFi works just fine and there are serval Meters and walls between my PC and the Router. I once have seen reports that some Pandoras hava a faulty shielded WiFi antenna, where some pieces of isolation tape cover the important parts of the Antenna module. I suspect something like that in my case. But I will not open the Device, the lid/hinge area is a little bit tricky. ^^"

However, I'm already happy if the browsing itself is a little bit more fluid so i'm sure Pale Moon will be an improvement. Recent Firefox is nice but slow and you can't do anything until a page is still loading (multiple pages etc).

EDIT: I finaly installed the browser. But I had to do a Firmware Update to even run it. Pale Moon works now but I'm not convinced. It's pretty slow and crashy, no clue why but even my Pandora Firefox is faster. Youtube Frontpage crashed Pale Moon completely and took ages to load. Even with only one tab open and swap enabled.

An anoying issue that I found so far (at least for me) are the scrollbars, they are way to small in Pale Moon. In Firefox and on my Pandora in general, they are fine. I have not found an option to set up the scrollbar size directly, I hope this does not require special scripts etc..

AdBlockPlus doesn't work right, there's no way to disable it on sites I know don't use popups, because the ABP button is missing.

AdBlockPlus doesn't work right, there's no way to disable it on sites I know don't use popups, because the ABP button is missing.
If ABP seems to install ok other than the button being missing I'd suggest seeing if you can add the button to the toolbar manually through the Customize Toolbars dialog.

- Neelix

Palemoon crashed.

=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/psd1/pandora/menu/palemoon.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/psd1/pandora/appdata/pndmanager
APPDD_FSTYPE    : ext4
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : runscript.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop1" "/mnt/utmp/palemoon"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="/media/psd1/pandora/appdata/palemoon=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/palemoon=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/palemoon"
[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------

(process:2028): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed

(process:2028): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed

Segmentation fault
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/palemoon': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 5

Back