Release Chromium

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is Chromium, the Google OpenSource version of Chrome.

preview1.png

This is a fresh build, cross-compile for the Pandora, and using LTO and all optim available for speed.

It's still an heavy and memory-greedy browser, so don't expect it to start as fast as Otter, Qupzilla or even Palemoon.

This version should be feature complete (Apps do works!) and the F11 fullscreen works well. Font scaling is a bit strange by default (on 4.10 driver, maybe it's Better with Default one).

Note that I have experience a few crash (especially on the 1st launch), but I could not reproduce them.

Also, being a windowed app, you will not have GLES2 acceleration when using SGX Driver >= 4.04

History log
=========

Build 04
-------------

• Fixed build 03
Build 03
-------------

• Updated sources to v50

Build 02
-------------

• Updated sources
  • Hacked GLES2 support (only for SGX Driver < 4.04) for WebGL.

Build 01
-------------

• Initial build
  • Using Chromium sources v48

Last edited:
I have tried to connect with "My Account" and had no issue (on my Gigahertz with codeblocks mounted). I used a few google apps (GMail, Photos, Maps with streetview) with no issue to. I did notice a bit of swap at some point but that's all. Can you give me reproducible step-by-step instructions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't have CodeBlocks mounted... I will try and see if that works around the crash and update you. :)

EDIT: Well... I have not tried anything with C::B yet, but it seems it's now working... Maybe it's a little temperamental? I will keep my eyes on this...

A bit to sluggish to my liking, it does play youtube video's in the browser though... sort of... ;)

Good effort but I'll stick to Otter for my casual browsing I think.

It's still an heavy and memory-greedy browser, so don't expect it to start as fast as Otter, Qupzilla or event Palemoon.

Funny, I remember they advertised Chrome(ium)  as a very sleak and fast Browser. However, I never used Chrome or any Browser like that so I can't really compare.

It's still an heavy and memory-greedy browser, so don't expect it to start as fast as Otter, Qupzilla or event Palemoon.

Funny, I remember they advertised Chrome(ium)  as a very sleak and fast Browser. However, I never used Chrome or any Browser like that so I can't really compare.
When the competition was Firefox and IE back when Chrome first came out it kind of was sleek and fast in comparison. Today not such the case.

Well I was about to say that for Chromium there is also "pepperflash" Google Chrome's fork of the Flash player which allows to use flash content in Chromium.

But then I remembered, that Pandora is not armhf, and there are only armhf libraries available for that. :(

I'm excited to try out ARC Welder! Thanks so much for this, ptitSeb.

1st time and then sometime after.  It seems sporadic and I can't tell when it will crash.  I'll test it some more with lower CPU settings and see what happen.  Right now I have 1250mhz  ;)

New build on the repo. I updated the sources (but still on build v48), and hacked in GLES2 Hardware support. I have disabled the Hardware Compositor, as it was not really stable and slower than software one on my GIgahertz model (so probably even worse on CC/Rebirth). But WebGL content should be ok.

Build 02

-------------

• Updated sources
  • Hacked GLES2 support (only for SGX Driver < 4.04) for WebGL.

Back