Release Minetest

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
It was playable on my gigahertz model, both with RPi game and Voxel Legend game (playable = around 10fps), and with default settings, strange it's so slow on a Rebirth... And no, I haven't looked at Craft yet.

atari_afternoon

After the advised sound driver update to 4.04 (takes only a minute) , runs fine for me on my CC with swapfile (I use one normally anyway) @ 800 MHz. Takes a little time to get used to again when you are familiar with the Vita . Wouldn´t say it´s too slow though, I left all defaults intact but haven´t played more than a few first minutes yet, mostly due to my mainly (ab)using my 2012 Pandora whose left nub has become a bit lame, leaving the reserve one (with good nubs but one stuck pixel) mostly in the cupboard until holidays. Thanks for this update :)

Magic Sam

Forever Homebrew
Hi all :)

@ptitSeb : could you please update your Minetest package ? There are several interesting improvements in the changelog:

https://dev.minetest.net/Changelog
* Particles are now sent to client regarding distance (huge performance improvement on particle servers) (paramat)
* Recent LuaJIT fixes (nerzhul)
* Various performance fixes (???)
* Huge ABM handling code performance improvement (nerzhul)
* Undersampling which should make minetest run better on low end devices (numberZero)
* Add a mapblock cache in MeshUpdateQueue to improve client rendering performance (celeron55)
* Server side occlusion culling (lhofhansl)
* Do not scale texture unless necessary
* Add setting for near plane distance to improve performance
* LBM lookup performance improvement on mapblock loading
Cheers, Magic Sam