Release Minecraft (launcher)

New build. I tested with latest 1.8 (and 1.8.1-Alpha 3) and it was running ok. I didn't tested yet with 1.8-Optifine, I let someone else do the test.

Build 04

----------

• Compatible with latets Firmware SZ 1.62+
  • Latest glshim

New build. I tested with latest 1.8 (and 1.8.1-Alpha 3) and it was running ok. I didn't tested yet with 1.8-Optifine, I let someone else do the test.

Build 04

----------

• Compatible with latets Firmware SZ 1.62+
  • Latest glshim
Optifine for 1.8 is not even finished, sadly. However, there is at least an preview version available which is still in development, not sure when it's final.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1272953-optifine-hd-a4-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and

Have not even tested it onto the PC yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the new Version with 1.7.2 Optifine and work fine.

Had a good Speed now without extreme overclocking the Pandora to max.

Only 2 little Problems what i must do:

First Problem is that the Pandora internal Wifi is not fast enough to load fuid the Minecraft Data over Netzwork.

Solution: use a Wifi Stick on your Pandora.

Second Problem;

Because the little Ram from the Pandora will the Game have much Read/Write Accesses and this will slow the Game sometimes a Bit.

Solution: Use a very fast USB Stick or better a external USB SSD/HDD.

Video comes next Time ;)

I used to be able to play this without a swapfile, but now it runs out of memory. What changed? Does the newer Pandora firmware use more RAM?

Oh completly forgot,i will make a Video with it this Evening.

Have a static Minecraftserver here and Optifine and Xraymod installed.

I use on my Server Minecraft Bukkit 1.8.0 here ;)

Could you give me a hint on where to find it? I only see 1.7.9R on bukkit.org

Edit: oh and shame on you for using Xraymod :p

Could you give me a hint on where to find it? I only see 1.7.9R on bukkit.org

Edit: oh and shame on you for using Xraymod :p
have you tried spigot? It's an awesome bukkit server implementation. I switched to spigotmc half a year ago and it's amazing. way more stable than bukkit and you will compile a minecraft server from the original binary everytime there is a new version, so they won't be DMCA'd like bukkit.

check it out at: www.spigotmc.org

if it's too complicated, I can provide you with a ready to run binary.

anyway, I was able to connect to my bungeecord server and join the spigot server. It was pretty slow, but I am amazed it works. I will try running from an external HDD and see if I can get bettder performance. Thanks Ingo!

Can I run this on the Raspberry Pi 2 if I put glshim somewhere and changer the environment variables to reference it?

Can I run this on the Raspberry Pi 2 if I put glshim somewhere and changer the environment variables to reference it?
You'll need a glshim compiled for RPi at least (the one from the Pandora will not work). And also you'll need to duplicates the trick inside the PND to load ARM libs instead of x86 ones.

Dammit. The problem is, I think my laptop could be on its way out, and I wanted a way to play Minecraft with my friends still while I save up for a new one. Would anyone be able to help me with this? I thought all glshim did was translate OpenGL calls to OpenGL ES? And can't I download the ARM versions of the libs manually?

Dammit. The problem is, I think my laptop could be on its way out, and I wanted a way to play Minecraft with my friends still while I save up for a new one. Would anyone be able to help me with this? I thought all glshim did was translate OpenGL calls to OpenGL ES? And can't I download the ARM versions of the libs manually?
glshim translate that yes. But the glshim from the Pandora will not work on RPi2 (or RPi) because the EGL Context creation is very specific on RPi(2).

After that, they are some trick in the minecraft laucher to make sure the embeded ARM libs are loaded instead of the x86 ones that minecraft want to load. I don't have a RPi2, so I cannot help here.

Oh, well can I have the development files for the Minecraft PND? I will try to make it work myself. And where does one get glshim's source code?

I would just play it on my Pandora, but 1.8 version isn't playable. It's far too slow, whereas 1.7 was fine. Any tips there?

Oh, well can I have the development files for the Minecraft PND? I will try to make it work myself. And where does one get glshim's source code?

I would just play it on my Pandora, but 1.8 version isn't playable. It's far too slow, whereas 1.7 was fine. Any tips there?
There is nothing secret about the PND. Just mount it and everything is in the runscript.sh (plus a java file that is a script)

For glshim, go to my github or lunixbochs (lunixbochs may support RPi2 better, but not sure it support minecraft).

Yes it is, directive0. I never needed a swapfile with 1.7, but now with 1.8 it runs poorly even with one, with chunks not loading for a long time.

Back