Beta [Beta] Minecraft launcher

Just tried optifine with the demo version and couldn't get it running. Might have been a bad download. Will try again later.

I want to apologize to WizardStan and everyone else for all misunderstandings and overreactions.

Just tried optifine with the demo version and couldn't get it running. Might have been a bad download. Will try again later.
Same here.  I am pretty sure mine isn't a bad download, as it works on the laptop.  I gave it far longer than I did before and still got stuck at the Majong screen.  How long does it take the GHz users to get past that screen?

hmmm...  The first time it took 10 or 20 minutes for me.  The second time I gave up after double that, I think.  Do you hit any buttons or anything?

Maybe you are swapping. It's on a CC with a swapfile?
Yes.  What typically happens is the loader comes up and I either select/change a profile or start the game, and there are no problems.  The Mojang screen comes up and doesn't go away.  I have tried a few times.  I haven't tried without optifine since that first time.  When I did get it to work (without optifine) I was getting ready to close the window, so I was poking around on the screen.  This is why I asked about the buttons.

I may try without optifine again in a bit.  I may also try different versions.

Maybe you are swapping. It's on a CC with a swapfile?
Yes.  What typically happens is the loader comes up and I either select/change a profile or start the game, and there are no problems.  The Mojang screen comes up and doesn't go away.  I have tried a few times.  I haven't tried without optifine since that first time.  When I did get it to work (without optifine) I was getting ready to close the window, so I was poking around on the screen.  This is why I asked about the buttons.

I may try without optifine again in a bit.  I may also try different versions.
Try to add "-Xmx128M" to the command line (in your profile option or in the appdata/minecraft/home/.params file) to lower the memory requirement.

Small performance hint - set the frame limiter to 20FPS.

30FPS seems to "waste cycles" trying to reach an impossible goal... 20FPS causes my framerate to hover around 16-20fps fairly consistantly.

EDIT: Also overclock as much as possible... but I guess you would be doing that already!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oracle Java should also heavily increase the performance compared to the open source version but I guess everyone already knows. ^^"

Can someone make a video with 16-20 FPS with all improvements (low vision range, optifile, frame limiter to 20, max overclocked)? I would be curious how fast this "feels". It sounds good :) .

I can't go into a world.. It just abruptly ends after I try going back to the main launcher.. The console on the  launcher says  something about Java just timing out.. Is it related to memory? Or what I am doing wrong here.. its version 1.7.10

I can't go into a world.. It just abruptly ends after I try going back to the main launcher.. The console on the  launcher says  something about Java just timing out.. Is it related to memory? Or what I am doing wrong here.. its version 1.7.10
The Java warning are quite comon in the log. Most of the time, it's the Ogg Java module that went out of data and fail (and the music stops).

Probably a memory issue yes, because the game launch and you can go to the world selection screen. Add a swapfile and play with the -Xmx parameter (is you world a big one? I always play with smalls).

Oh, my!

Need to find some time to test this on my 1Ghz... This is gonna be a system seller for the Pyra for sure.

Thanks for the work.

Back