Beta [Beta] Minecraft launcher

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
I start a new topic for the Minecraft launcher beta test.

The Launcher is here.

Since last post in the Port Request thread, not much as changed, I just updated to latest glshim (and lastest openal), but the graphics are still too black and speed is more or less the same.

Note that I tried the OptiFine mod, with the v1.7.9, and I must say it do work, the game play is a bit faster (and graphics seems a bit less black)...

Please test and reports.

*2014.07.12*: Update glshim, I finally fixed that infamous Lighting issue. Now you can enjoy Minecraft with all color & lightning.

*2014.07.14*: Update glshim, fixing the lighning on Mobs. Fixed sound also.

*2014.07.17*: Added "-server" option to java launch.

*2014.07.19*: More command line optim. Updates glshim with fps counter on LiveInfo.

*2014.07.23*: published on the repo

*2014.09.05*: new build, using latest glshim.

*2014.10.30*: new build, using latest glshim, pushed on the repo

minecraft2.png

minecraft5.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok,report will come soon.

Sound very good,thx for release this.

I just wonder why not other Minecrafters test this too ;)

In the Moment i have just not much Time to Test.

(my overall Problem ;) )

But short Test come soon and maybe i Post this in the German Forum too then.

1.7.9 aaand Optifine? Sound realy good for Testings.

Thx PtitSeb ;)

Increasing the brightness fixes the blackness significantly but there's a lot of textures not loading except of course our friend the creeper which made a mess on my server oh well.

Can't be bothered configuring optifine :p

Increasing the brightness fixes the blackness significantly but there's a lot of textures not loading except of course our friend the creeper which made a mess on my server oh well.

Texture not loading? Can you put some screenshot and some explanantion on how I can reproduce that (so I can try to fix it)?

So, I finally fixed that infamous Lingthing issue (fyi, it was the glTexCoordPointer using GL_SHORT on the GL_TEXTURE_1, the issu was with the GL_SHORT...).

Grab the updated pnd at the same place and report.

Texture not loading? Can you put some screenshot and some explanantion on how I can reproduce that (so I can try to fix it)?
Sorry i've not had time to do this but you can reproduce by turning the brightness all the way up in the options menu (press esc) It might also pay to change the graphics options from fancy and the viewpoint from far to near and the render distance a bit closer.

I also don't have sound but I don't know if you've implemented that yet.

Tried latest PND with 1.7.4 on a friend's server without Optifine (for now), gfx 4.03, 1.2GHz, had xchat and qupzilla running in the background, on Openbox on vanilla SuperZaxxon 1.61 (just for a speed reference). Speed-wise, it was surprisingly good. Framerate was a bit choppy (about 5fps but fullspeed), but I'll test further with optifine on 1.3GHz (which is actually stable for me). It's worth noting is that I tried the beta pnd you posted over at the port request thread, and noticed that the 1.5.x beta in SSP (the one right before the server-client merge), speedwise, ran *perfectly* (on minimal settings), but had a major inventory bug. So this is definitely an interesting thing to follow, and we might end up getting minecraft very playable since it already is somewhat usable in current setup apart from the first issue in the list below - I noticed 3 things:

* Blocks aren't rendering correctly - I see nothing but white. Is this lack of RAM? The issue didn't exist in 1.5_01 beta.

* The blurred background in the main menu is screwed up (this is pretty minor though)

* While overworld lighting works properly now, mob lighting seems screwed up, or at least for oneself (didn't spot a mob, but you can see this in F5 modes). The player still appears black.

This is how I see the Minecraft world on my 1GHZ connecting to my server. Dunno what magic you've done ptitseb ;)

Using the recommended driver for 1GHZ and is a fresh flash.

At least it's a significant improvement over having no lighting at all and actually plays really nicely. :D

2014-07-13_15.00.49.png

Edit edit: Is it possible to map the WSAD to the Dpad and use the second analogue nub to look? It'd make more sense that way.

* Blocks aren't rendering correctly - I see nothing but white. Is this lack of RAM? The issue didn't exist in 1.5_01 beta.
This is how I see the Minecraft world on my 1GHZ connecting to my server. Dunno what magic you've done ptitseb ;)
Go to video option screen and remove the MipMapping. It's not compatible for now, I have to find something. It will slow things down (no texture make it faster)

Edit edit: Is it possible to map the WSAD to the Dpad and use the second analogue nub to look? It'd make more sense that way.
For WASD, you can remap keys yourself in the option screen (I cannot alter the sources here). For Mouse move on right nub, yes, I can setup that at the start of the PND, with the usual left_nub & right_nub files to change assignment.

Wouldn't it be better performance-wise if you try to make the mobile version run onto Pandora somehow? I don't know the needed specs of Minecraft Pocket Edition but I guess it is less than the big PC version. :)

Wouldn't it be better performance-wise if you try to make the mobile version run onto Pandora somehow? I don't know the needed specs of Minecraft Pocket Edition but I guess it is less than the big PC version. :)
It's an Android app. I'm not interested in making it run on the Pandora. But maybe someone else wants to work on it (using apkenv maybe? not sure as it may be heavily based on davlik VM)...

I never installed Android on my Pandora, makes no sense with an old CC unit but apkenv works pretty good, at least for Plants vs. Zombies. ^^ I know that Minecraft PE is another calibre but at least it seems not to be based on Java unlike the PC version.

How about the raspberry pi version?

Good idea, was not ported yet AFAIK, maybe because it's more or less just an proof of concept. http://pi.minecraft.net/

It's an Android app. I'm not interested in making it run on the Pandora. But maybe someone else wants to work on it (using apkenv maybe? not sure as it may be heavily based on davlik VM)...
I believe the Pocket Edition already runs on the Gingerbread port. Button mapping may be a bit of an issue though.

I'm more interested in the desktop version, though. All my current games are desktop version and having them on Pandora/Pyra is a good motivation to revisit them. If we can get at least some playability and 5 fps on Pandora, I'm confident we can get a lot more on Pyra!

I'm more interested in the desktop version, though. All my current games are desktop version and having them on Pandora/Pyra is a good motivation to revisit them. If we can get at least some playability and 5 fps on Pandora, I'm confident we can get a lot more on Pyra!
Like that  B)  ?

minecraft4.png

Like that B) ?
So awesome. I need to try this out shortly.

EDIT: Also what is your memory being spent on? Looks like you have less than 200MB available to Minecraft.

EDIT: Also what is your memory being spent on? Looks like you have less than 200MB available to Minecraft.
No it's just me that limited the memory to 200M with -Xmx200M (because I'm also compiling things, even if I pause the compilation when trying minecraft or other things).

Back