Release Minecraft (launcher)

Also he upped his system speed to 450 as well.. Assuming you have a 1Ghz Pandora (don't use the numbers below if you have a CC and Rebirth which has 332 as default speed. you may be able to push it to 370 on those units.):

sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/op_sysspeed.sh 450

the default is 400 if you want to revert.
How do you disable Zram?
sudo swapoff /dev/zram0
turn back on..
Code:
sudo swapon -p 5 /dev/zram0
edit: updated the swapon command to the right one.
Thanks.  Just found out that the swapfile pnd also allows activate/deactivate zram0.

So, now you can change the parameters used to call Java.

By default, it use -server -Xbatch (plus a few other). You can now play with it.

A note about the "-Xbatch". Without this parameters, when a new block of code is loaded, Java use the Interpreter mode (slow) to execute the code while the JIT is working in background to compile it (slowing thing even more). With the "-Xbatch", there is no background JIT, so everyhting is freeze while the code is compiled in the foreground.That's why, on this mode, you have thoses (anoying) freeze at the begenning that become less and less present the more you play.

Without it, the CPU of the Pandora as trouble to keep on and JIT works very slowly, so the game runs on interpreter mode for a long time. So wihtout the "-Xbatch" you will not have the freeze, but the speed will probably wbe never as fast as with it.

Build 03

----------

• Java parameters can be changed (look at appdata/minecraft/home/.params)

Last edited by a moderator:
new Video,smoother than ever :)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/RTXWBcBdPYM?feature=oembed

But little Problem on the End from the Video had i much much SD read/write Activity.

Can it be that Java try automatic Swap onto SD?

Next Time i will try it with the -xmx256M Parameter (thougt its standard activated)

This Video is with 1225MHZ,Syspeed 450 runned oder Mini Menu.

Enjoy the smoothness until my SD Problem.

(i think i have only forgot to set the -xmx256M command and it wanted to swap then) :D

In a way I'm kind of disturbed at how well it's running. I don't think I'd like to try any combat (I like my mouse too much), but for some creative mode stuff it looks quite promising and fun.

Good job :)

I am very impressed this is playable and fun :) . Very good. Idea for pyra: make Minecraft bundles. They are 30€ more expensive, but will come with an SD card with preinstalled minecraft. I think lots of people will buy them to play minecraft on the go.

Someone should point Mojang/Notch to the PC Minecraft port here. I'm sure he would be more impressed from the Pandora then, he once reviewed the Handheld and found it not that great.

Thank you very much for giving us easy access the parameters! Leaving -xbatch but removing -server has given me the most playable experience so far in my pandora-only offline world! Really great! I've even moved from peaceful to easy and started hunting zombies. This is really a treat, ptitSeb.

I am very impressed this is playable and fun :) . Very good. Idea for pyra: make Minecraft bundles. They are 30€ more expensive, but will come with an SD card with preinstalled minecraft. I think lots of people will buy them to play minecraft on the go.
great great idea 

I installed the demo-version V1.7.10 on my 1GHz-Pandora.

It looks awful, full of graphic-errors and black glitches, even in the menu. Its fare away from the look I have seen in the videos from ingoreis.

And its slow, even with 1100Mz. It takes 2 second to move one step.

I put the graphic-setting to the minimun, but its still unplayable.

Whats wrong here?

It looks awful, full of graphic-errors and black glitches, even in the menu. Its fare away from the look I have seen in the videos from ingoreis.

Whats wrong here?
The menu is glitchy. But not in game . You should update your video driver to 4.03.002 as I suspect you're using default ones.

Whats wrong here?
The menu is glitchy. But not in game . You should update your video driver to 4.03.002 as I suspect you're using default ones.
Found it. It works much much better now. Thanks for the tip.

Anyone had any success getting the new 1.8 update of this running on the Pandora? It gets to the main title screen then quits back to the launcher for me

Anyone had any success getting the new 1.8 update of this running on the Pandora? It gets to the main title screen then quits back to the launcher for me
I'll try tonight. Did you tried with the 4.10 drivers?
From some recent minor graphical glitches I've been encountering with the latest UAE4ALL, I was switching between 4.10 and 4.03, so I'm not 100% sure exactly which drivers my Pandora is currently on? I'll check that myself after work tonight too

I'll try tonight. Did you tried with the 4.10 drivers?
From some recent minor graphical glitches I've been encountering with the latest UAE4ALL, I was switching between 4.10 and 4.03, so I'm not 100% sure exactly which drivers my Pandora is currently on? I'll check that myself after work tonight too
I tested, but it was on a dev. version, using latest glshim....

Using 4.10 driver, It worked (that current version tend to crash with 4.03.00.02, but I haven't done extensive testing yet).

I'm finishing work in an hour, so I'll try it then and report back. Previously I'd tried one of the beta versions a while back but it didn't play properly at all so I reverted back to the last stable version. Currently I think I'm running the Optifine version of 1.7.10 but still can't get anywhere near the speed that Ingo got in his videos. I had previously other issues running the game but they seemed to be tied into the fact I had it installed on an xfat card so it never seemed to save my game.

One last stupid question about the Optifine settings (I coped my profile directly from my Windows installation), which version of the mod should I use for best results on the Pandora? I used the Light version of the mod, on Windows this gives additional graphical options when I select it, but on the Pandora I only get the default ones. Is this normal?

No joy running the newest version under the 4.10 drivers either, maybe you'll get a chance to look into this at some stage? (I know you've always loads of projects on the go! )

Back