Release Kodi (a.k.a XBMC)

Shame we can't make XBMC use an external player for streams. Maybe then we could down res the streams, implement buffering and even recording on the fly. It would probably just be easier to do the plugin though (unless there's a plugin that already allows that).

Maybe then we could down res the streams, implement buffering and even recording on the fly
It would never be real time if you expect the Pandora to do everything you say "on the fly".
Well no I suppose on the fly is the wrong term to use but a 30 second buffer or the ability to save it for later would be a bonus :)

Can you bring the screen back using the screen brightness controls (Fn+I)?

When FooBilliards does this to me, I can't get the screen to come back on. Nor can I exit the game, using memorised keypresses, so it sounds different to what you have here.

Can you bring the screen back using the screen brightness controls (Fn+I)?

When FooBilliards does this to me, I can't get the screen to come back on. Nor can I exit the game, using memorised keypresses, so it sounds different to what you have here.
the screen stays black when changing the brightness.

i'm not sure if its possible to exit the program completely because when holding the pandora key to close it, i'm not able to shut down my pandora by holding the power key.

You can't shut the Pandora down with the Pandora button. Best you can do is force a hard reboot by holding it down and sliding the power switch right, which is how I get out of the FooBilliards blank screen freeze.

no I meant I close xbmc by holding the pandora key.

and if you hold the powerswitch for ca 5 seconds the pandora should shut down, but that doesn't work.

The black screen problem is reproducible with KAMI RETRO on my GHz and a newer SGX driver version than the preinstalled one. Haven't tried other games/apps because fscking my partitions sucks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ok i just tried it with the default sgx driver and there it woks normally.

it seems to be a problem with the new drivers.

I had the old xbmc installed and wasnt expecting to much when I updated to this version. 

Now this is really amazing.

On my Ghz pandora it seem to stream ok. I tried the NRK plugin, Icefilm, Youtube, and even tube8. They all work very well. I think NRK plays better under xbmc than it does in the gingerbread nrk app, or in the firefox browser. 

Very good work.

Is there any chance of getting that touchscreen fix?

I notice that on the repo, this xbmc and the older one have the exact same title, making a bit confusing when searching for xbmc. I think this version should either replace the older one, or get a slightly different title.

I notice that on the repo, this xbmc and the older one have the exact same title, making a bit confusing when searching for xbmc. I think this version should either replace the older one, or get a slightly different title.
Sorry for the inconveniance, I forgot to disable my buggy port. Done now

I had the old xbmc installed and wasnt expecting to much when I updated to this version. 

Now this is really amazing.

On my Ghz pandora it seem to stream ok. I tried the NRK plugin, Icefilm, Youtube, and even tube8. They all work very well. I think NRK plays better under xbmc than it does in the gingerbread nrk app, or in the firefox browser. 

Very good work.

Is there any chance of getting that touchscreen fix?

Ah, yes, will update soon...

Back